QUICK TAKE: How The Lizards Game Plan Against J Will

Pretty easy to see what UF should do, blitz to try to confuse the OL and Williams, and stop the run. I could see Enos doing a lot of PA on early downs, then hitting some fast short/intermediate routes, instead of running into the defense that should be stacking the box. I don't think screens will work early. They'll be sitting on those. Moving the pocket and letting Williams run a little would help open it up some and help with his nerves early as well.

Advertisement
Simple, show pressure on the line and drop back into coverage. They will occasionally blitz, to keep the looks legit, often overloading a side. When we bite, they'll hope the disruption will free up the middle. Zone coverage, dare us to run, and if we can't with even fronts, then they've got the advantage. We have to establish the run to be productive offensively.

Not sure Granthams that smart but this is my approach. Agreed.

We talk about UFs lack of depth. Sure, but they have talented unproven players just as much we talented unproven players in the secondary.

All I know for facts is the traitors (Henderson and Wilson) are good football players. Watching some UF film the last few weeks the safeties Stiner, Taylor and Stewart will be upperclassman and they are not terrible college players. Assuming they get better like we assume our guys get better that unit is strong on the starting end.

Henderson is fast AF and is probably sticking with whoever we got 90% of the time. Those catches are going to have to be contested. JT4, Pope, Osbourne, aren’t going to just fly past that kid.

I’m not so quick to say their secondary is trash. They have talent. Surely depth is lacking but good thing for them is that it’s game 1.....

I think we actually will have our hands full and that this game will be won by our #3 and #4 WR on their #3 and #4 corner and the Miami Tight Ends.

JT4 and number 2 WR get shutdown. (1-5 receptions for short gains)

They will either have a game that’s like 5-6 catches for 60 yards. Or 3-4 catches for 100 plus yards lol.

I don’t see much in between that. Run game and TEs all game long for this one IMO.

Last edited:
We talk about UFs lack of depth. Sure, but they have talented unproven players just as much we talented unproven players in the secondary.

All I know for facts is the traitors (Henderson and Wilson) are good football players. Watching some UF film the last few weeks the safeties Stiner, Taylor and Stewart will be upperclassman and they are not terrible college players. Assuming they get better like we assume our guys get better that unit is strong on the starting end.

Henderson is fast AF and is probably sticking with whoever we got 90% of the time. Those catches are going to have to be contested. JT4, Pope, Osbourne, aren’t going to just fly past that kid.

I’m not so quick to say their secondary is trash. They have talent. Surely depth is lacking but good thing for them is that it’s game 1.....

I think we actually will have our hands full and that this game will be won by our #3 and #4 WR on their #3 and #4 corner and the Miami Tight Ends.

They will either have a game that’s like 5-6 catches for 60 yards. Or 3-4 catches for 100 plus yards lol.

I don’t see much in between that. Run and game and TEs all game long for this one IMO
I'm not worried about Wilson. Brad Stewert is going to be suspended. Stiner sucks lol. JT4 and Hendo will be a matchup for the century. Ive already seen JT4 do work against 2 first round corners against LSU. He'll get his against Henderson (who he is faster than btw)

Advertisement

I don’t see much in between that. Run and game and TEs all game long for this one IMO
Jt4 and Osborn won’t get shutdown you can bet the bank. They will get there’s. Uf has a good duo but Wilson is a bit unproven coming off that injury. I’m not high on their safeties, they got some experience but are not that talented at safey imo.

I'm not worried about Wilson. Brad Stewert is going to be suspended. Stiner sucks lol. JT4 and Hendo will be a matchup for the century. Ive already seen JT4 do work against 2 first round corners against LSU. He'll get his against Henderson (who he is faster than btw)

Oh ok didn’t know Stewart was out. And it will definitely be a **** of a matchup. I’d really like to see Pope and Harley abuse the young freshmen though. They may have some communication issues with those freshman.

I thought Henderson and JT4 both ran a 4.37? Still will be a legendary battle. Hopefully 4 abuses him and increases his draft stock.

Exactly. im confused by these assessments. 1st, manny is blitz happy af so Jarren faces all sorts of exotic blitzes already. 2nd, as you stated, why blitz so much against a supposed bad oline, leaving your cover guys on islands against all the speed we have?

Yep, Mullen knows what kind of offense Enos is gonna throw at him, he's not going to make it any easier on him by giving him free outlets. They're going to try to confuse us with their coverages mostly.

Advertisement
Jt4 and Osborn won’t get shutdown you can bet the bank. They will get there’s. Uf has a good duo but Wilson is a bit unproven coming off that injury. I’m not high on their safeties, they got some experience but are not that talented at safey imo.

I hear you about Wilson for sure. I look forward to it. But I’m not going into this thinking we are playing the 120th defense.

They ranked in the 20s not 10 or 5 like Miami but I’m not thinking they are Swiss cheese either.

It’ll be a fight.

Now that Miami has QB1 selected for G1, how best would the lizards game plan against him?

My thoughts:

- Film is non-existent; HS film even more so as useless
- Coaches will reach out to network for anyone's first hand thoughts on J Will's mental/personality tendancies
- Knowing we have a DIII-level (barely) OL, they will try to pressure and rattle him with aggressive upfront rush and blitz packages
- Watch his comfort (or lack thereof) placing the handoffs where they need to be for RBs
-Watch his command of shuttle/flip pass if Enos runs those plays
- CBs will demand he beat them with his arm until he proves he can
- Crowd will be louder than usual during Miami's O drives

Overall, if J Will can perform, advantage Miami because until the tape gets long enough, Ds won't have much to go on. I suspect a ton of Enos' first year Arky footage is being watched right now in GVille.

Your thoughts?

Who Cares. First play of the game we're lining up I formation, twins right, bringing our wr motion to the strong side, toss sweep right to Dallas, Jarren carries out his fake and streaks down the field and Dallas throws the TD BOMB. Dream scenario even if it didn't work it would put them on their heels

man at first glance i thought this said How we'll gameplan for Lingard... got all excited. dammit

Now that Miami has QB1 selected for G1, how best would the lizards game plan against him?

My thoughts:

- Film is non-existent; HS film even more so as useless
- Coaches will reach out to network for anyone's first hand thoughts on J Will's mental/personality tendancies
- Knowing we have a DIII-level (barely) OL, they will try to pressure and rattle him with aggressive upfront rush and blitz packages
- Watch his comfort (or lack thereof) placing the handoffs where they need to be for RBs
-Watch his command of shuttle/flip pass if Enos runs those plays
- CBs will demand he beat them with his arm until he proves he can
- Crowd will be louder than usual during Miami's O drives

Overall, if J Will can perform, advantage Miami because until the tape gets long enough, Ds won't have much to go on. I suspect a ton of Enos' first year Arky footage is being watched right now in GVille.

Your thoughts?

Whatever they can do, our D can do better. He will have 2 full weeks of practice for our D to give him all kinds of fits for preparation. This is also why I figured Diaz wouldn't wait until the last minute to name a guy. You have to start preparing THE guy for this moment. Maybe you do that against Bathune Cookman but not against a sworn enemy/power 5.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back