QUICK TAKE: How The Lizards Game Plan Against J Will

Advertisement
It's all about processing time. We don't know that about Jarren yet. It's not something that's shown in those practice vids. Those lasers he threw on posts and corner routes were longer developing plays. Also from the vids, it's not clear that the oline can hold that long, especially the tackles. There's only so much you can scheme, if the WR don't have time to get into their routes. Early on, he going to have to make short drops and get the ball out of hands quickly until the game slows down for him.
I'm pretty sure early on Enos' plan will be to get the ball out of his hands quickly to settle him in ASAP with lots of 12 personnel. Grantham will do everything in his power to stop our run game and force 15 to beat us vertically, obviously the o lines ability to hold up is vital, but I think 15 is more than capable of hitting his receivers on deeper throws if they play us 1 on 1.

They are thin at DB. don't be surprised to not see them in more zone. but if they stick to man to man with their db's can there safety or lb cover our TE and backs out of the back field. That is where we are truly going to take advantage of the gators d.

Advertisement
Regardless of what they, or anyone else for that matter, throw at us, it will be interesting to see how Enos adjusts to it. That's something we haven't seen for along time.

Why is Grantham a raging egomanic ? - and why would he change his approach for a kid who has yet to take a snap as a college Qb ?
For those who believe he's going to blitz like crazy I would disagree, he's not blitzing if he gets pressure with 4.

I literally said he's not going to change his approach. Couldn't have been more clear.

Advertisement
Let them blitz, and let them get a dose of a wide open Mallory.

I personally think they will try our OL with their front 4 first. If they can't get pressure, they might then try to blitz. Old saying, blitz bad QBs, not good ones. Good QBs will see it and pick you apart. Bad ones will crumble.

I agree with a blitz heavy gameplan in the first couple of drives, but I don't think it will be all night, They'll see if our OL can handle 4/5 guys and if JW can make quick decisions. I expect zone underneath to try to get their hands on a pass over the middle. Make JW beat them throwing outside the numbers
Will be interesting to see if they trust their corners to play press against JT4, KJ and Brevin. We could get a few gains if they can beat press at the LOS.

If they play off I think Enos will overload on quick WRs screens, Hitch, slants and drag to keep them honest. Decision-making and accuracy will be the 2 most important aspects of QB play, as always. I think our receivers will be open, but will the QB be able, behind this OL especially, to hit them? We will see

Advertisement
Whenever facing a inexperienced opposing quarterback, the instinct from fans through a lot of the coaching ranks is to, "blitz his **** off."

In reality, in doing so it might be a quick decision, but you provide an easy one by vacating parts of the field.

I'd wager the smarter approach is to take away the easy reads and create pressure with your front four instead of trying to glitz overly aggressive.

Go back to our game against FSU and Blackman. I think if we bltz less and played coverage more that kid wouldn't have completed a pass over 10 yards. Instead, we gave him an easy touchdown throw to the tight end up the seam for what could have been the game.

I agree that Manny over blitzed at times

Easy to talk sh*t on a keyboard - go out to Greentree and start telling our OL they are DIII caliber.

Ok. Sure.

It's not talking ****, its called feedback.

When the coaches tell them their [OL] play isn't to the Miami standard, is that talking ****?

When Manolo, just this am, said if QB2/3 wants to transfer, there is the door, buh bye (I'm paraphrasing obviously), is that talking ****?

Whatcha got?

Advertisement
Easy to talk sh*t on a keyboard - go out to Greentree and start telling our OL they are DIII caliber.

LMAO are you ******* kidding me? not allowed to give opinions on athletes unless you are willing to go say it to their face. brilliant :LOL:

It'll probably look similar to UM vs Louisville 2014. Kaaya's first start.

This will look nothing like that. Kaaya arrived a month before that game. Williams has been in a college program for a year and a half.

If I called them soft shouldered quiche eating vegan beta types...

Ok guilty...talking **** and they would.be right to have words with me...

If they were practising at the time (because they are Wellington Hurricanes), we might even engage in a spirited imbroglio or donnybrook whereby we give a good cuffing to one another about the head and shoulders.

For those of you geniuses thinking they’re gonna blitz all night, I have a question:

Why? Have you seen our OL and think that they are going to overpower their front 4 so badly that they’ll need all kinds of extra blitzes to get to our QB? My guess is they won’t blitz often at all. You’re game planning for an accurate QB with a weak OL, you rush 4 and drop the rest into coverage.

Exactly. im confused by these assessments. 1st, manny is blitz happy af so Jarren faces all sorts of exotic blitzes already. 2nd, as you stated, why blitz so much against a supposed bad oline, leaving your cover guys on islands against all the speed we have?

Advertisement
Back