Quick Question

Advertisement
Do you all even read. I never one time said Duke sucked. All I said was that they had a disappointing year defensively in a weak ACC that finished with 2 teams being ranked(Duke and Miami).

I really have no idea why I continue arguing with you all or even continue to come back to the boards. It is a constant circle jerk of "fans" who root for Miami to lose every game they play in. I honestly feel embarrassed for the University after interacting with all of you. Reading comprehension is non-existent on this forum with the majority of people. I will applaud the ability to constantly add nothing to conversations and post random reacting gifs and photos, but if you actually try to talk facts with you all, 1 in ever 50 actually listens.

Go back and read my posts. Never one time did I ever say Coach L had a bad win. You all are the ones creating such statements. Then I talk about Miami finally being dominant consistently and matching an elite team. You go back to 2010 where after every one of those wins we had a collapse within 2 weeks.

Watch the film, which I doubt you all even do, and you will instantly see a team playing better the last 6 weeks than the one in the first 6 weeks. It's pretty easy to see. That's all I will say.

Yes, but not your encyclopedias on how to make Al Golden ***.

Our fan base as represented on this board in a nutshell. Well done weownfsu - your parents and/or children should be proud of the person you are.

Winning the ACC was nice and a huge accomplishment. UNC was bad. Duke was having a bad defensive year, though still better than last year. We've always given Duke fits, even with Haith. We did not reach the Elite 8.

Anyways, basketball is a whole different animal than football. I also like how you like to leave out the fact that we went 17-16 last year. Wonder why??? Do you also remember when we were #7 last year and undefeated before losing half of the team due to injuries? You all credit Duke with carrying the team this year and being a difference maker, but discredit the impact his injuries and everyone else's had on the season last year. Duke stays healthy and Miami goes 10-2 or 11-1.

Also, Coach L never had to deal with a lack of depth and transfer issues. Golden has. Sure, lack of depth is his fault and from now on with how long his tenure has been will be solely on him for the rest of his time here, but Al did not inherit a team full of greatness. He had Stephen Morris as a QB. I know you all like to be nostalgic on here and act like every team we've ever had had as much NFL talent as we did in 01, it just wasn't utilized properly. I've got some news for you all. Miami has not had a roster that has been laden with top talent at every position for years now. However, since Golden's arrival the roster has become greater and greater and is finally beginning to get deeper.

That means we need to start seeing progress. If you look at the record exclusively, you'd think there has not been progress. If you actually look at the team and watch the games it becomes undeniable that the team that started off 3-3 would get hammered by the team that has been playing since. If Golden continues to have his teams play as smart and efficient as they have been lately, then we'll get where we want to be.

It just seems like you all will never ever be satisfied. Face the facts. Miami has played their best football in a decade the last 6-7 weeks now. They destroyed 3 teams and then almost beat what is arguably the best team in the nation despite lacking in depth and a true freshman QB who was just plain bad in the 2nd half. They were a few key plays away from beating that team. If Miami wins out including the bowl game and continues to play like they have been, then there is no way they do not get a top 20 preseason ranking. They also will have everyone that is notable at home except for FSU. And if we assume that Golden will from now on keep the team playing like they have been and improving every week, there is no reason Miami should not get 10 wins at the least next year.

I know what will happen though. We'll get a topic full of gifs that add nothing to the conversation. We'll get posts full of insults, but no real arguments other than saying someone is wrong. We'll get a bunch of people saying are we supposed to ignore the last 3.5 years because we are finally playing better. It's the same cycle on this board over and over. You'll get some good conversations here and there, but a big circle of posters on here love making it near impossible for any topic to actually stay on course because it constantly turns into "slurper" hate fests and constant insulting and constant "you are going off topic", "what are you trying to even say", etc. etc. when everyone can understand what is being said clearly except for the "mopers".

So before I end this post I will try and make it very simple for you all to read because I know there are some on here that will try to twist every single word to the best of their ability.

Golden is not perfect and I am not saying he has proven to be that great of a coach. However, his situation is not as great as you all make it out to be. Depth is a huge issue. It is one he is actually improving on. Another issue was teams never getting better as the years went on. They are now. I am not happy it took 3 seasons and 5-6 games for Golden to finally start hitting his stride, but I am happy he is now. It means nothing if we collapse to end the year. But it could be huge if we win out and go 9-4 in the same fashion we've been playing the latter half of the season because it will vividly show that the team and coaches have all grown and improved this season and it will be the first true sign of a change in the program since before even Coker got hired. Shannon never had a defining moment where the team played like they have been recently. Coker got worse and worse. Golden showed minimal improvement and was setback from some injuries, but then the team finally started to look like something we have not seen in a long long time. That is why some of us have optimism and it is not wrong to either because it has lasted for 2 months now and has become consistent enough that it is a true trait of the coaches and the team and that is something that typically carries on with a coach until his career is over.

kakoy-pacan_8918702_orig_.jpeg

Is 5 paragraphs too hard for to read? You're on a forum for crying out loud.

No, utter bull**** is too hard to read

Advertisement
Do you all even read. I never one time said Duke sucked. All I said was that they had a disappointing year defensively in a weak ACC that finished with 2 teams being ranked(Duke and Miami).

I really have no idea why I continue arguing with you all or even continue to come back to the boards. It is a constant circle jerk of "fans" who root for Miami to lose every game they play in. I honestly feel embarrassed for the University after interacting with all of you. Reading comprehension is non-existent on this forum with the majority of people. I will applaud the ability to constantly add nothing to conversations and post random reacting gifs and photos, but if you actually try to talk facts with you all, 1 in ever 50 actually listens.

Go back and read my posts. Never one time did I ever say Coach L had a bad win. You all are the ones creating such statements. Then I talk about Miami finally being dominant consistently and matching an elite team. You go back to 2010 where after every one of those wins we had a collapse within 2 weeks.

Watch the film, which I doubt you all even do, and you will instantly see a team playing better the last 6 weeks than the one in the first 6 weeks. It's pretty easy to see. That's all I will say.

Our fan base as represented on this board in a nutshell. Well done weownfsu - your parents and/or children should be proud of the person you are.
Go **** yourself ******. There wouldn't be all these threads if ******s like you and Canes21 and others didn't pose as a Canes fan when in reality you are Al Golden fans.

Advertisement

I cant believe this thread existed past this comment.

Larranaga didn't have to play a few night games on the road to start of the season bro! His guys were never tired... SMH

Larranaga didn't have the burden of those PILLARS. They're very heavy!

Advertisement

Go **** yourself ******. There wouldn't be all these threads if ******s like you and Canes21 and others didn't pose as a Canes fan when in reality you are Al Golden fans.

Another example of the fans on these forums who just bash fellow Canes. Class act fella class act.

Holy **** Canes21 is taking a BEATING

I havent seen anyone take a beating this bad since an Al Golden team vs a ranked opponent

Advertisement
"
Does anyone remember that time Jim Larranaga came to the University of Miami in 2011, only to find out the basketball program was under investigation for receiving illegal benefits?

Does anyone remember how he’d have guys randomly suspended during the season, including starting players Reggie Johnson and DeQuan Jones?

Do you also remember the time he didn’t repeatedly bring up “the cloud” as a crutch to make excuses for his performance, or attempt to play the victim role in an effort to swindle the university out of an undeserved contract extension? Or how he didn’t whine when 7.7% of his scholarships a year were taken away?

Oh, you don’t? That’s because 1. Larranaga is not a loser like Al Golden and 2. You’re probably a faqq0t Duke/UNC/Kentucky basketball fan

No, instead of crying like a bltch every day, Coach L went out and

Won the ACC Regular Season Championship
Won the ACC tournament
Knocked off ranked Michigan State
Blew out ranked Duke
Swept North Carolina
Beat a ranked NC State team
Reached the Elite 8
Had his team ranked as high as #2 in the country
Finished ranked inside the top 10

Because that’s what real mother ****ing coaches worth a squirt of **** do. He did all this with classes near the bottom of the conference. Larranaga is a ****ing G.

Al is sitting around with a bunch of future NFL players and he can’t even win his ****ing division, but he'll show a hashtag who's boss.

I bet Coach L and his crew walk around the Hecht in leather jackets, stuffing Golden and his staff into trash cans and toilets.

**** you.
100% correct

Advertisement
Back