Quick note on wr’s

If oline is expected to be solid and we have an "NFL QB" with legit options at all the skill positions then I am buying stock in the offense overall. The scheme's DNA is as "QB and WR friendly" as you will ever find in CFB modern game.. This isnt the type of offense that complicates things for our players but defenses find easy to defend.. Should be exciting weekends at hard rock this year with the scoreboard being lit up.

Advertisement
I’ll drink to that
no shit sherlock GIF by Team Coco

welcome back.

A big receiver is a little cheat code in the ACC and is more often than not a pre-requisite for success in the conference. FSU has that big freak. Clemson at their best had multiple 6'2"+ WRs. Wake has had some big WRs like AT Perry and Sage Surratt. Wayne at Pitt. I could probably start rambling off a ton of others that would prove my point...but ACC traditionally has guys like Colbie Young balling out. Everybody has that big guy that can get downfield and go get the football. He should be able to do that in this offense. If TVD stays healthy, I think he can really be a dude just because the skillset works in the conference and he's shown just enough that if you project it out to a full season of confident play...its a big time season. Crossing fingers. Skinner is another guy that matches up very well in ACC play in a different role.

The room just needs to put in work. Catch balls, work on their routes, their footwork until they pass out. Our guys always lacking consistency. Some of these guys gotta take this **** seriously enough, I gotta believe. Even when these rooms have flat out stunk, someone that takes the game seriously has risen to the top over more talented, highly rated guys at the position. Braxton Berrios, KJ Osborn, Rambo, Rashawn Scott, Allen Hurns.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Over simplification. TVD is fine and makes reads, and not only just first reads. Gattis system was the slowest developing offense ever contrived and our oline was porous as ****. So TVD struggled. Tvd will have highest mental test scores at combine, bet on it. He has one of the quickest releases bet on it.

Give the kid an oline and quick developing offense and get out of his way. I think Dawson will.
Dude, Tom Brady would have struggled in that “offense”

Advertisement
I’ve heard from multiple people around UM the wr group is night and day better versus last year. More consistent and just a much better room. If you remember last year I was really down on the wr room after spring. There was many guys struggling picking up the system which was obvious as soon as the season started.

We all know this scheme will be much easier for them to make plays , get separation and better throwing windows for TVD. I’m on record saying I expect a big jump by the offense and wr improving is one of the reasons why.

As stated, so it will be written.

As it is written - so it shall be.

I’ve heard from multiple people around UM the wr group is night and day better versus last year. More consistent and just a much better room. If you remember last year I was really down on the wr room after spring. There was many guys struggling picking up the system which was obvious as soon as the season started.

We all know this scheme will be much easier for them to make plays , get separation and better throwing windows for TVD. I’m on record saying I expect a big jump by the offense and wr improving is one of the reasons why.
The WR being night and day do you think it’s coaching and just simplification of the offense. Does beard make that much of a difference?? Also have you heard anything about the corners at at and who do you think will play behind kam and James or next to them ?

Oh really? Were you too busy yawning last offseason when I said the wr’s were struggling, dropping balls, having issues with the playbook and not getting separation ? How about when I said “the season could very easily go off the rails with a couple injuries ……We were paper thin”.

I can’t win, last year I had people arguing with me because i was too negative, if I post positivity I’m selling rainbows or “ I’ve heard that for years“.

Naw - you're doing fine.

Some folks come here to p . . urinate on every matter they possibly can. And Cribby - it's not always an election of theirs to be so B*tchy. Not always a "should I" .

You see, some were born 7th to a six teated b*t*h, and had to pull on their daddy's **** for sustenance.

So naturally, they got a really crappy outlook on life - and due to complications - their lives never really improved.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Oh really? Were you too busy yawning last offseason when I said the wr’s were struggling, dropping balls, having issues with the playbook and not getting separation ? How about when I said “the season could very easily go off the rails with a couple injuries ……We were paper thin”.

I can’t win, last year I had people arguing with me because i was too negative, if I post positivity I’m selling rainbows or “ I’ve heard that for years“.

Don’t let the minority get to you. Most here know you tell it 100, good or bad. No stake.

5GoVLqeAOo6PK (1).gif

Simplicity and pace? Yes. Not as much pace. Dawson will choose his moments but nowhere as fast as Lashlee.
That fits with Big Manny's "large human beings upfront" worldview.

IF he gets his way on O AND has success of 30ppg+...

Huge implications how this helps D...

I believe 10 Ws is a distinct possibility.

Advertisement
Back