Quick Note on Leonard Manuel decommitment

We really don't. When we tried, we needed a Nevin Schapiro. We don't have the low profile, deep pockets the SEC does. Our banks put their names on buildings and own big, prominent businesses and sit on major foundations. We don't have the guys with spare millions from low profile businesses and endless amount of land in parts of the country no one gives a isht about.

Shapiro did all that shlt on his own.

Advertisement
In regards to 2020 WR’s. There’s two kids not being talked about right now that could turn into potential targets. Baron Grant from Doral Academy and Jahvante Royal from St. Thomas Aquinas(McArthur transfer).

I say we turn our focus elsewhere, we are NOT getting him back... there will be better WRs then him when this whole class is said n done... move on so we can really evaluate other players and get the ones we truly need and that want to truly be here... when was the last time the #1 WR recruit actually turned out to be the best WR in all of college during their span ??

In regards to 2020 WR’s. There’s two kids not being talked about right now that could turn into potential targets. Baron Grant from Doral Academy and Jahvante Royal from St. Thomas Aquinas(McArthur transfer).

Where did the Miami High kid transfer to? He looked like a beast.

I still want his talent in his class...But I never thought he'd stay at WR. And I think he's a flake. But obviously you want a talent like that.

Advertisement
Where did the Miami High kid transfer to? He looked like a beast.
Marcus Fleming is at Southridge now, he was at Northwestern before that. Fleming actually has a lot of potential as a corner too. They are evaluating him & Rosemy right now. I’m a big fan of Bryan Robinson who’s the only SoFlo WR in that class not committed with an offer, I was on him early before he blew up. Rosemy was one of my paradise camp standouts last year before he blew up this spring.

A few other under the radar guys for 2020 at WR aside from Gant & Royal. Bryce Gowdy, Johnquai Lewis, Gerand Turner(Related to Robert Knowles), Aydin Henningham, Deajuan McDougle & Douglas Emilien.

Last edited:
I had to do another retake on that. Yeah, you don't take a flyer on a '19 kid to try and secure a 5 star '20 kid. Miami could be in a situation where we sign Cook and Manuel still goes somewhere else.

Yes. And if you take a marginal kid whom you would not otherwise offer, the net benefit to the program from getting Manual is much smaller. Manual's value is substantially reduced. Probably better to offer and get a WR slightly lower than Manual where the net benefit will be higher. You still have the available ship for another player you really want. I have a feeling Manual is probably ****ed we did not show interest in his boy.

Yes. And if you take a marginal kid whom you would not otherwise offer, the net benefit to the program from getting Manual is much smaller. Manual's value is substantially reduced. Probably better to offer and get a WR slightly lower than Manual where the net benefit will be higher. You still have the available ship for another player you really want. I have a feeling Manual is probably ****ed we did not show interest in his boy.

Also sets a precedent with higher rated recruits too. Kids will see that Miami does this for other 4/5 stars, why not for them?

Advertisement
This is why you offer kids like Marcus Rosemy BEFORE something like this happens.

Manuel is an impressionable kid who committed after the ND game. He’s from Ocala. We should not ever count 9n landing players from that area. Yes, it can happen and you should still recruit them, but you shouldn’t count on it.

This is why you offer kids like Marcus Rosemy BEFORE something like this happens.

Manuel is an impressionable kid who committed after the ND game. He’s from Ocala. We should not ever count 9n landing players from that area. Yes, it can happen and you should still recruit them, but you shouldn’t count on it.

Saw FSU just offered Rosemy today

Shapiro did all that shlt on his own.

That is muchas bullschittus. He had Stoutland, Pinganunzzio, Haith, etc. directing him where to go. We lucked out on his lack of credibility and NCAA incompetence. Regardless, the Paul Dimare and Phil Frost aren't dropping bags, so the point stands. We can't compete with Alabama, Georgia and their cash rich, profile poor boosters. That comment was nonsense.

That is muchas bullschittus. He had Stoutland, Pinganunzzio, Haith, etc. directing him where to go. We lucked out on his lack of credibility and NCAA incompetence. Regardless, the Paul Dimare and Phil Frost aren't dropping bags, so the point stands. We can't compete with Alabama, Georgia and their cash rich, profile poor boosters. That comment was nonsense.

Not really. You’re getting the part about the rat all wrong. Mainly his contact was that skinny whathisname. Shapiro spilled everything, he wasn’t holding back or protecting anybody. Go see what he had to say about those guys. And Haith made his own trouble. Don’t invent shlt and pass it off as facts.

Advertisement
I say we turn our focus elsewhere, we are NOT getting him back... there will be better WRs then him when this whole class is said n done... move on so we can really evaluate other players and get the ones we truly need and that want to truly be here... when was the last time the #1 WR recruit actually turned out to be the best WR in all of college during their span ??

Ever heard of Robert Woods, Jarvis Landry/Sammy Watkins, Dorial Green-Beckham/Stefon Diggs, Laquon Treadwell, Calvin Ridley?

We as a program should never even try the bag game after that Shapiro bull****

Ole miss got caught, fired the coach, went on probation, and is still cheating.

Yes we should. It’s par for the course. That’s why we are an obscene about of de-commits. Kids commit to us to raise awareness and bounce when a proper check comes in.

Just another classic example why i don’t give two ***** about any prospect that isn’t in the 2019 class.

Advertisement
i brought up Royal on the board since January.He's 6'3 180 right now...STa is loaded down at wr

Just another classic example why i don’t give two ***** about any prospect that isn’t in the 2019 class.

So true. Can't take anything seriously beyond 2019 if you want to stay sane. So much good and bad can happen between now and then.

keep talking about the subject of the thread.. mad annoying talking about other BS.

Anyways.. Manuel ... seemed to be tight with avantae williams.... no loyalty what so ever. ..We need our top recruits to be recruits for us.. only way classes will be elite ... or throw them the bag!

On a related topic. I was concerned at the scrimmage this past Saturday that if Williams jumped ahead of Perry for QB playing time or as a started anytime prior to 2020 that Leonard Manuel being Perry's great friend and all would de-commit.
Those are things that you cannot let concern you my Cane brother. If JW winning the job scares him off then so be it. If that is a recruits main motivation for putting on that uniform then they are not worthy of putting on the uniform. End of story.

Advertisement
Back