Quick Note on Leonard Manuel decommitment

Geo305

Retired staff
Premium
I am not sure I mentioned this on the board or not before in another thread. I had a feeling for a while he was going to decommit from Miami. I mentioned this while talking with Dmoney, Stefan and Erick sometime last week that I felt his commitment was a bit shaky.

While I was reaching out to see what prospects were visiting for Underclassmen day. I noticed Manuel had removed Miami Commitment from his twitter.

He has not visited Miami during the spring and took multiple visits to out of state schools and FSU.

I expect Miami to continue recruiting him but this was not a shock IMO. FSU, Georgia, Miami & Clemson will be major players in his recruitment going forward.

I have heard rumors he has been lobbying for his 2019 teammate, RB Glover Cook as sort of a package deal together.

Advertisement
Thanks for the inf. It's recruiting man and those of us who have followed it for a while understand this **** happens. Tough to get too excited over a kid 2 classes out.

I'm sure we will stay on him and try and get him back on board over the next year and a half.

Sounds like the SEC got their claws in him.

Not hopeful to bring him back on board at this point.

Yeah he was super active on twitter trying to get us to offer Glover Cook. He kept tweeting about Cook to Thomas Brown. If he wants to play with Cook, have fun at lousville, arkansas, or FIU. How can you be a package deal with someone from a different class who you are not related to? haha

Advertisement
Yeah he was super active on twitter trying to get us to offer Glover Cook. He kept tweeting about Cook to Thomas Brown. If he wants to play with Cook, have fun at lousville, arkansas, or FIU. How can you be a package deal with someone from a different class who you are not related to? haha

I had to do another retake on that. Yeah, you don't take a flyer on a '19 kid to try and secure a 5 star '20 kid. Miami could be in a situation where we sign Cook and Manuel still goes somewhere else.

Last edited:
If I was Cook that would be highly disrespectful to me. Not that Manuel isn’t doing right by him, but I would want offers on my own merit, not some talented younger kid on my team pimping my recruitment

Advertisement
The dude is 15/16... trying to get his friend to come with him to school...

Im not saying this recruitment is over... but once the 19 class starts to finish off and he is recieving more attention well see how the tune changes

Advertisement
UGA is gonna get clipped if they keep baggin’ like this. Its pretty obvious.

I get the feeling the NCAA wants no part in spending the resources to enforce bagging. They only take a stab at someone when it hits them sure in the face

Ya, not feeling all these kids lobbying for other players to get offered. You play football, let the coaches decide who they are giving a free education too thanks.

And this is why I keep saying F the package deal bs, I’ve never agreed with it and never will.

I posted this in the Sanders thread, you do this once and then every kid thinks his buddy can come with him.

Spots are too important to be take scrubs to make these divas happy.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I saw those twitter posts about Cook, too. There were a bunch of them, particularly last week.

Cook was at FSU last weekend. Will be interesting to see if Manuel starts posting about them.

Advertisement
Back