Quick Note on Leonard Manuel decommitment

Advertisement
On a related topic. I was concerned at the scrimmage this past Saturday that if Williams jumped ahead of Perry for QB playing time or as a started anytime prior to 2020 that Leonard Manuel being Perry's great friend and all would de-commit.

And this is why I keep saying F the package deal bs, I’ve never agreed with it and never will.

I posted this in the Sanders thread, you do this once and then every kid thinks his buddy can come with him.

Spots are too important to be take scrubs to make these divas happy.

Completely agree with you.

That package deal **** is bad practice. I’ve learned over the years to never say never, but this is about as close to a ‘never’ in my book as it gets.

No kid decides who I sign to my roster.

Not to downplay the situation or anything but I’ve always felt that Manuel would grow into a TE at some point. He’s a stud regardless, two-sport star. I think Miami will be fine though.

Advertisement
2020 loaded at receiver like this 2019 is at running back.

Manuel is a beast (obviously) that we should continue to recruit (obviously) but at least we are early enough to make moves on Rosemy, Robinson, and Fleming to join Britt and Burton in the class.

I’m sick of these kids ****ting on us cause we don’t offer their lil friends. This is college there’s a 80% chance you won’t attend the same college anyways. If the out of state schools don’t offer we never hear anything but let Miami not offer is a problem, man kick rocks.

I’m sick of these kids ****ting on us cause we don’t offer their lil friends. This is college there’s a 80% chance you won’t attend the same college anyways. If the out of state schools don’t offer we never hear anything but let Miami not offer is a problem, man kick rocks.
+1 for the 'kick rocks' comment!

Advertisement
Just because the 2020 class is loaded at WR (and I agree it is) doesn't mean we should not be upset. It's embarrassing when kids decommit, especially ones that are 5 star talent. This deters other kids from taking Miami seriously.

Thanks to how the NCAA investigated Miami, they will never come after the bag game unless the FBI comes calling

Advertisement
And this is why I keep saying F the package deal bs, I’ve never agreed with it and never will.

I posted this in the Sanders thread, you do this once and then every kid thinks his buddy can come with him.

Spots are too important to be take scrubs to make these divas happy.
Yea bro we aren't ******* handing out schollys like al golden did ... But yet we still get punished I don't really get it

On a related topic. I was concerned at the scrimmage this past Saturday that if Williams jumped ahead of Perry for QB playing time or as a started anytime prior to 2020 that Leonard Manuel being Perry's great friend and all would de-commit.

If Williams is the goods and Perry knows it then it is entirely possible he let Manuel know he probably wont be at Miami much longer.

This would be the best possible spin for this decommit because it means we got a legit QB bout to light it up and we may still end up with Manuel if Williams takes the job in the fall and lights it up this season.

Advertisement
I get the feeling the NCAA wants no part in spending the resources to enforce bagging. They only take a stab at someone when it hits them sure in the face

Why would they? It's great for their product and benefits the teams they favor most-- the rich ones!

We have the resources to play the game. Not even a question. CMR ain’t about it thi

We really don't. When we tried, we needed a Nevin Schapiro. We don't have the low profile, deep pockets the SEC does. Our banks put their names on buildings and own big, prominent businesses and sit on major foundations. We don't have the guys with spare millions from low profile businesses and endless amount of land in parts of the country no one gives a isht about.

I am not sure I mentioned this on the board or not before in another thread. I had a feeling for a while he was going to decommit from Miami. I mentioned this while talking with Dmoney, Stefan and Erick sometime last week that I felt his commitment was a bit shaky.

While I was reaching out to see what prospects were visiting for Underclassmen day. I noticed Manuel had removed Miami Commitment from his twitter.

He has not visited Miami during the spring and took multiple visits to out of state schools and FSU.

I expect Miami to continue recruiting him but this was not a shock IMO. FSU, Georgia, Miami & Clemson will be major players in his recruitment going forward.

I have heard rumors he has been lobbying for his 2019 teammate, RB Glover Cook as sort of a package deal together.
My kid goes to Vanguard and has been telling me for awhile now Manuel was leaning UGA. Showed today at school in all UGA gear.

Advertisement
Back