Quick Note on Leonard Manuel decommitment

Ever heard of Robert Woods, Jarvis Landry/Sammy Watkins, Dorial Green-Beckham/Stefon Diggs, Laquon Treadwell, Calvin Ridley?

yeah i know about those guys but im not sure what you are trying to get at, some of those guys were not the best WRs in college during their time

Advertisement
I saw those twitter posts about Cook, too. There were a bunch of them, particularly last week.

Cook was at FSU last weekend. Will be interesting to see if Manuel starts posting about them.
I set the odds at +125 Coach Corney at FSU will take on the dead weight to secure Manuel. #dosomethingtogetManuel

Advertisement
Hey, these WRs were top WRs in their respected classes!! I'm sorry.. They probably weren't the first or second WR drafted, But they were names that teams had to prepare for!!

I get all that but my question was specific and not about having to prepare for certain kids... I wanted to know if the #1 WR coming out of HS ended up as the consensus #1 overall WR in college as well when it was all said n done

That's what I asked, if the #1 overall WR recruit in HS ever ended up being the #1 overall WR in college by the time their career there was over... that's all
I understand what you're saying but it seems like that diminishes the fact that the top receivers in a class, 1-10, usually pan out. That's too exact. Only Julio Jones and Laquan Treadwell meets your criteria.

Advertisement
I still don't see this guy jumping off of the screen to justify the number one player in the state.

I understand what you're saying but it seems like that diminishes the fact that the top receivers in a class, 1-10, usually pan out. That's too exact. Only Julio Jones and Laquan Treadwell meets your criteria.

and its why im not overly worried about losing him for those exact reasons.... i think he will be a solid WR but by no means will he end up being the best WR from his class imo... one thing we do is get QUALITY wide receivers and im happy with what we got going at that position currently.... only way i see us landing him again is if we win big and do it sooner than later... if not he will leave the state like a lot of the rest of them have im afraid

Say he keeps holding out and our WR recruits start to jump on board plus we’re winning.

Would he look and see we’re playing all our WR in rotation and think why did I hold out now Miami is loaded at WR and I might not get reps.until senior season.

I guess it’s a gamble that’s always always there.

I answered my own question, nice

GOCANES

Advertisement
Say he keeps holding out and our WR recruits start to jump on board plus we’re winning.

Would he look and see we’re playing all our WR in rotation and think why did I hold out now Miami is loaded at WR and I might not get reps.until senior season.

I guess it’s a gamble that’s always always there.

I answered my own question, nice

GOCANES

Huh? Where’s you read that?

Advertisement
I say we turn our focus elsewhere, we are NOT getting him back... there will be better WRs then him when this whole class is said n done... move on so we can really evaluate other players and get the ones we truly need and that want to truly be here... when was the last time the #1 WR recruit actually turned out to be the best WR in all of college during their span ??

Well calvin Ridley was the #1 WR in his class and was the 2nd WR picked in this years draft. The 1st WR was picked 2 spots ahead of him so that comes down more to who fits better on the team than who is the better player. If the Falcons had an earlier spot they probably still would have picked ridley.

Well calvin Ridley was the #1 WR in his class and was the 2nd WR picked in this years draft. The 1st WR was picked 2 spots ahead of him so that comes down more to who fits better on the team than who is the better player. If the Falcons had an earlier spot they probably still would have picked ridley.

yeah hes one of the few, i never said it didnt happen i just was getting to the point that no one needs to freak out just because we lost this guy just like how we just lost Avantae Williams, yes both are SUPREMELY talented but there is no point in worrying about it because they will never be on this team again so lets just move on and find someone just as good for our system or that fills a genuine role... i never expect a kid to ever commit to us after they de-committed, especially the higher end kids... they will both end up at a Bama, Ohio State or Georgia, they wont be Canes... all of them are doing were doing it early cause it was **** near a "trend" for a sec and they are just kids, they are basically clueless about their futures whether they know it or not right now... these kids will take the bag and be gone and its ok cause we will replace them... i want kids who want to be here and if u can quit once on us u can easily quit again, lets move on and bring in REAL Canes

yeah hes one of the few, i never said it didnt happen i just was getting to the point that no one needs to freak out just because we lost this guy just like how we just lost Avantae Williams, yes both are SUPREMELY talented but there is no point in worrying about it because they will never be on this team again so lets just move on and find someone just as good for our system or that fills a genuine role... i never expect a kid to ever commit to us after they de-committed, especially the higher end kids... they will both end up at a Bama, Ohio State or Georgia, they wont be Canes... all of them are doing were doing it early cause it was **** near a "trend" for a sec and they are just kids, they are basically clueless about their futures whether they know it or not right now... these kids will take the bag and be gone and its ok cause we will replace them... i want kids who want to be here and if u can quit once on us u can easily quit again, lets move on and bring in REAL Canes
I don’t think Manuel will end up back at Miami at all but I definitely could see Avantae Williams back in the class down the line.

I don’t think Manuel will end up back at Miami at all but I definitely could see Avantae Williams back in the class down the line.

Just curious.. any idea what made Manuel 180 on Miami? Just a few days before he decommitted I read two separate interviews where the first thing he did in both was stop the reporter and say its Miami first or Miami before anyone else. Something like that. So.. any idea what made him go from being all about Miami and only Miami to having no almost no chance to get him back? I know somebody is gonna throw out "bags". But come on. How big of a bag would it take to not only get a kid to decommit but practically lose all interest in a school? Ya know?

Advertisement
Back