Questionable Characters of SFL HS Football Resume Check

The real question is...

Who's NOT a questionable character in South Florida HS football?
This.. **** near every coach or handler in sofla has done something questionable

Naw, there's a lot more good guys out there than bad. Most of those guys don't get involved with the recruiting aspect and just coach. Most of those guys tend to not work in the school system (cops,firefighters,small business owners,etc.).

Advertisement
In relation to Luke, I don't know the standards to which Miami Dade Public Schools screens their employees (I assume he draws a nominal salary) but I have a real hard time believing it would fly almost anywhere else in the country. The guy obviously has some relationship with several strip clubs in Dade as he's always promoting events of his at Club Vivid on Twitter almost weekly. I'm pretty Libertarian on stuff like this and can't even say I'd have a problem with him coaching my kid (If I knew he was actually a quality coach and not just a figure in the community) but it's definitely hypocritical to hold teachers and other school system employees to one standard and him to another when he actually has more influence in these kids lives.

Luke would absolutely not be hired in AZ as an ***. coach with all of the strip club promotions and his discography.

Advertisement
whats witht he OBSESSION for Luke with some of u people?

Just tryna figure that one out....because for the most part dude is just a die hard cane fan like you or me on this board.

As far as "coaching"....he coached a large amount of the group of kids the last few ys that went on to get div 1 scholarships from Liberty City Optomist....he had relationships with the coaches at Central..maybe from either coaching or funding them early in their youth also...so he applied and became a coach. This other lawyer guy who has been on a over 15 year war path against Luke tried to come @ him about him being able to coach in dade and dude ended up losing his **** job.
If its anyone not into it for the money or other incentives its him...dude loses money coaching and even spends too much time coaching as documented by his "own" kids who were acting out a few yrs back.

[video]http://www.hbo.com/real-sports-with-bryant-gumbel#/real-sports-with-bryant-gumbel/episodes/0/190-episode/video/hbo-real-sports-luther-campbell.html/eNrjcmbO0CzLTEnNd8xLzKksyUx2zs8rSa0oUc-PSYEJBSSmp-ol5qYy5zMXsjGyMXIyMrJJJ5aW5BfkJFbalhSVpgIAXbkXOA==[/video]

The real question is...

Who's NOT a questionable character in South Florida HS football?
This.. **** near every coach or handler in sofla has done something questionable
Exactly Gator, its just a rationalization on what needs to be done to fix our recruiting in S Fl. The funny part is that if it actually was enacted, many would be very upset at what would be uncovered. I love how many of my fellow Canes have this deluded idea that all these other schools and the recruits they sign are so shady, all the while we and our recruits are just so squeaky clean.......

Torrian Bean at BTW

John Herron/JHova, basketball coach at Southridge

The worst.

If yall kNew about those guys above yall would be all over them. Just stupid posters. It's real parasites out there and yall focus on a mythical dudes like Genron and Uncle Luke. And Genron won a title with that West Kentucky team, coached at SW (recored 1st winning season the herald said) MNW (state champs), Jackson (help bring program back), another title with Champagnat. Those are what Pete has posted on.here some time ago. Seems legit from.all.the kids n parents of SFE I *** wit. Luke do his thing but he hooks up UM 1st. On top of that. Fishbein is now a paid employer of UM football..he was directly connected to Willie Lyles..got on around the time Coley I heard.That MF is a middle guy. Yall some fools, falling for the bait

Last edited:
Torrian Bean at BTW

John Herron/JHova, basketball coach at Southridge

The worst.

If yall kNew about those guys above yall would be all ober them. Just stupid posters. It's real parasites out there and yall focus on a mythical Genron and Uncle Luke. And Genron won a title with that WKU tram, coached at SW (recored 1st winning season the hearald said) MNW (state champs), Jackson (help bring program back), another title with Champagnat. Those are what Pete as posted on.here some time ago. Seems legit from.all.the kids n parents of SFE I *** wit. Luke do his thing but he hooks up UM 1st. On top of that. Fishbein is now a paid employer of UM football..he was directly connected to Willie Lyles..got on around the time Coley I heard.That MF is a middle guy. Yall some fools, falling for the bait

What the **** did I just read?

Advertisement
Wow ! The idiocy-index is rising. Luke may be a "character" now in terms of what he spouts off in the New Times and in some radio interviews but he's not a "parasite". Has he become a little ego-maniacal ? Maybe. Nonetheless he's done genuinely good work for a lot of kids without holding out his hand. I'll never hate on him and 2-Live Crew because unless you were around then... you'll never know how racist the 80's were. If it was black and brash ...then by the white establishment standards ...it was ...evil and corrupting. Did he put a couple of dollars in the pockets of kids who often went home to no food ? Yes ! Still if you want to judge him for that listen to Michael Irvin.....and you you might understand something.

What is happening now with the street-agents(mentors,advisors,middle-men)...is just filthy. Ego-maniacs are one thing ...but out-and-out mouthpieces for particular schools or being a broker is another. Oh, and another thing don't try to to cover for Drummond by saying Will Lyles and Fishbein were dirty together, that's just trying a red-herring. Fish provides info service for just about EVERY D-1 school. Fishbein,Blustein and a couple more here in SOFLA do a legitimate job very well and very professionally.

Max Emfinger, Tom Lemming, Tom Luginbill and that crowd are just fuggin' jokes whose expertise often come from culling information from websites like this one.

The things I heard about JHova were really disappointing. Especially growing up with him and knowing he was nothing like this. The last person I would have expected to be into this. But I guess when he went to U*** it changed him.

All I was initially asking about Luke was:

A) Did he even play high school ball?

And

B) Since he obviously wasn't even a grad asst anywhere, was the entirety of his coaching resume prior to getting that first hs job just within his own optimist league?

I don't know if anyone has seen that show Friday Night Tykes about the 7-8 yr old league in Texas but it seems like making Luke a hs coach would be like promoting one of those clowns. I didn't know you could get an actual job here in one of the premier hs football hotbeds in the country with no real experience outside of buddying up to some of the actual coaches. Then again nothing surprises me here.

Advertisement
A) yes, according to this http://luke4mayor.com/about-luther/

B) yes.. being defensive coordinator at a local HS isn't exactly the most prestigious job. I'd assume most players who don't play college ball start out coaching in the high school ranks. And as far as buddying up to the coaches, aren't most jobs about who you know, not what your qualifications are?

Gatewood is definitely not a handler... I played at SPHS for the 2 previous coaches before him and they did absolutely nothing for the majority of their players... Gatewood comes in and all of a sudden div 1 scholly's and football powerhouses started showing up... SPHS is actually a better program since he became coach..

Advertisement
The HC I worked under for 4 years is friends with Charlie Partridge and also knows Gatewood. He's now a college coach and his main recruiting ground is South FLA. I've never heard anything about Gatewood being a handler or a slimeball. And I think most of yall know I would definitely put a slimeball on front street if I had the chance but I've never heard anything negative about him.

I think people have a hard time facing the fact that we lost a prospect fair and square so they start assuming there was some shady business.

Gatewood and Partridge know each other and that's about as "shady" as it gets. Was Gatewood pushing Collins to Arky? Maybe so, but that happens all the time in high school recruiting, particularly when the Head Coach is old friends with the college recruiter.

The HC I worked under for 4 years is friends with Charlie Partridge and also knows Gatewood. He's now a college coach and his main recruiting ground is South FLA. I've never heard anything about Gatewood being a handler or a slimeball. And I think most of yall know I would definitely put a slimeball on front street if I had the chance but I've never heard anything negative about him.

I think people have a hard time facing the fact that we lost a prospect fair and square so they start assuming there was some shady business.

Gatewood and Partridge know each other and that's about as "shady" as it gets. Was Gatewood pushing Collins to Arky? Maybe so, but that happens all the time in high school recruiting, particularly when the Head Coach is old friends with the college recruiter.

but that is also an issue. It is not your job to push a kid to a school. My QB signed with my college but I never once said anything good or bad about that school because I never wanted him or any to feel like I was pushing him there. Truthfully some of his other options were a better choice, but it's not my decision.

Coaches all across the nation push kids to schools not just in south Florida. There is a difference between pushing kids to a school & being a street agent, dirty handler, etc.

How long before the Feds followed by the NCAA set up shop undercover and start cleaning up south Florida hs sports, it's becoming a bigger and bigger money maker for the 3rd parties.

Advertisement
Back