Question: Patrick Peterson Miami

Advertisement
I was waaaaaay off... Thought it was because of that orange bowl disaster that he didn't come

Advertisement
It's amazing what $ can do. I usually don't buy into $ but in that case I do.

Advertisement
The final nail in Big Conch's coffin. I remember so well. That one hurt bad, but not as bad as Gruden to Miami hoax.

Who was Big Conch anyway? Real name? Was he that HS A-A DB from Broward (can't remember the name) who left Auburn early. BigConch was crazy, never knew who he really was and his role. I wasted so many hours reading his stuff.

He got paid to go play for L$U and switched his name P.Johnson to P.Peterson to fly under the radar. In hindsight it was the best thing he did

Advertisement
Corch Shannon, restricted troll overseeing the program, $eC $$$....anything I missed?

It was something about his test scores and brandon harris coming in. He would've been great under a Randy shannon coach defense tho. That same defense held Tebow in check.

He committed early along with Brandon Washington and one other guy. Like shortly after signing day in 2007.

When he committed, he was a big name in South Florida but not nationally. The following summer, his dad started taking him around to all these random camps to show him off (i.e., to get paid) and that's where he really blew up. He went to USC and I think named USC his leader while a UM commit, lol. Also went to camp at Texas A&M. At that point, most people started thinking that he wasn't just playing the game but was looking for the highest bidder. It made no sense that a kid from South Florida, who was committed to UM and had offers from everyone by that point, would be going to camps at schools like TAMU. It was absurdly obvious that he was beings hopped. He kept claiming he was committed to UM but it became clear he wasn't going to UM. Took a visit to LSU, kept mentioning LSU--LSU was the high bidder. It's really not even a question.

A few years later, a Texas A&M coach said on the record that he was told they had to beat like $85,000 for Patrick Johnson/Peterson. Of course, nothing happened to LSU. Willie Lyles asked Texas A&M for $80K to sign recruit Patrick Peterson

Last edited:
Advertisement
Jeff George, Pat Devlin and Patrick Johnson. 3 of my favorite Canes!

Yeah but Jeff George's situation was very different from theres. When he was transferring his people came to Ericson & said he wan t ed to come here but he had a LIST of demands. The most outrageous of which was he insisted on having an entire floor in the dorms completely to himself.

He committed early along with Brandon Washington and one other guy. Like shortly after signing day in 2007.

When he committed, he was a big name in South Florida but not nationally. The following summer, his dad started taking him around to all these random camps to show him off (i.e., to get paid) and that's where he really blew up. He went to USC and I think named USC his leader while a UM commit, lol. Also went to camp at Texas A&M. At that point, most people started thinking that he wasn't just playing the game but was looking for the highest bidder. It made no sense that a kid from South Florida, who was committed to UM and had offers from everyone by that point, would be going to camps at schools like TAMU. It was absurdly obvious that he was beings hopped. He kept claiming he was committed to UM but it became clear he wasn't going to UM. Took a visit to LSU, kept mentioning LSU--LSU was the high bidder. It's really not even a question.

A few years later, a Texas A&M coach said on the record that he was told they had to beat like $85,000 for Patrick Johnson/Peterson. Of course, nothing happened to LSU. Willie Lyles asked Texas A&M for $80K to sign recruit Patrick Peterson

When he committed to us he was the #2 CB in the country. Harris is the one who blew up throughout his senior season. I know for fact lsu gave him 75k another Bryce Brown situation

Yeah but Jeff George's situation was very different from theres. When he was transferring his people came to Ericson & said he wan t ed to come here but he had a LIST of demands. The most outrageous of which was he insisted on having an entire floor in the dorms completely to himself.

I know. I was just throwing out names of almost Canes that never were. That's beyond hilarious about ol Jeff George. At least he stopped short of demanding that we give his high school bestie, Jason Whitlock, a ride and 3 meal plans as well. Even Jeff George back then thought that'd be too big an ask.

When George planned on transferring to UM, JJ was the HC.

George wanted a guarantee to be the starting QB, and JJ said he couldn't do that. So George backed out of his commitment to UM and went to Illinois instead.

Advertisement
Back