Question: Patrick Peterson Miami

tinman_96

Redshirt Freshman
I know this is putting more salt on the wound...
I was just a kid when Peterson was being recruited. Can someone give me the story what happened with him and Miami? I've seen posters say his dad pimped him out to L$U.
It would be appreciated, Thanks.

Advertisement
he made a seemingly shady decision to switch commitment from miami to lsu, if i remember right, someone in his family got a 6 figure job in louisiana somewhere

regardless, in hindsight, it was the best decision to make for him regardless of circumstance

I remember when he announced for LSU at the Army AA game. I wanted to reach thru the TV screen and choke him out. Hindsight shows he made a good decision though...regardless of his motives.

Thanks, Big Conch.

Advertisement
Why the default to he made a good decision? Kid was ridiculously talented and would have been a first rounder if he went to FIU. He would have been just fine here.

Why the default to he made a good decision? Kid was ridiculously talented and would have been a first rounder if he went to FIU. He would have been just fine here.

He actually had fun winning and playing on the big stage in college.

Advertisement
BS aside, Patrick Peterson made the right choice. In hindsight, UM was a mess and LSU put him on a stage to be great. There's was alot of shadiness involved in his recruitment (the suspicious name change, him magically qualifying, his stepdad getting a six-figure job in baton rouge) but I guess that's just how its done in the SEC.

BS aside, Patrick Peterson made the right choice. In hindsight, UM was a mess and LSU put him on a stage to be great. There's was alot of shadiness involved in his recruitment (the suspicious name change, him magically qualifying, his stepdad getting a six-figure job in baton rouge) but I guess that's just how its done in the SEC.

I still remember when he went by Patrick Johnson

Advertisement
We still gettin' PJ???? Randy Shannon's gonna be the man to save The U......

Seems like yesterday.

Advertisement
I mean if we going down memory lane, what about the time when Marshall Faulk wanted to come here but we said he was going to be cb only?

Jeff George, Pat Devlin and Patrick Johnson. 3 of my favorite Canes!

I remember when he announced for LSU at the Army AA game. I wanted to reach thru the TV screen and choke him out. Hindsight shows he made a good decision though...regardless of his motives.

Thanks, Big Conch.

ah big conch... brings back memories. Every night id check the boards praying for good news on PJ. Hands down the most crushed ive ever been over a lost croot. We needed him bad

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back