Question on Robert Burns

Gus Edwards sophomore year he was already much improved from his freshman season. Running hard, breaking tackles and showing a lot of athleticism. I think he is going to be our next work horse back. Is he going to be Duke Johnson in terms of impact remains to be seen but I think he can be.

really vs who? I never once seen him try to run over a team that can hit back? I seen him run around tacklers like scat back, never really seen him lower his bads and punish a DB who comes up field to arm tackles him

Advertisement
Burns is one of those kids whos loyalty to Gulliver could be hurting him. (literally and figuratively) He needs to transfer to a public school powerhouse that can showcase his ability and wont get him hurt. I honestly am expecting him to either get hurt again or just tank the season to prevent injury. Isnt he there only weapon now?

You're right. No players from Gulliver have signed with marquee D1 programs.

Gus Edwards sophomore year he was already much improved from his freshman season. Running hard, breaking tackles and showing a lot of athleticism. I think he is going to be our next work horse back. Is he going to be Duke Johnson in terms of impact remains to be seen but I think he can be.

Impossible. You can only succeed at RB if you seek contact and try to run everyone over. RBs can't succeed by trying to avoid tackles.

I think Gus Edwards is going to break out this year. New coach and a rb coach that im alil more confident in to refine some of his skills. Dude is a big strong guy and he's fast too. Couple that with Yearby and Walton and watch out. Kinda reminiscent of when Ahmad Bradshaw and Brandon Jacob's were in new York.

Burns is one of those kids whos loyalty to Gulliver could be hurting him. (literally and figuratively) He needs to transfer to a public school powerhouse that can showcase his ability and wont get him hurt. I honestly am expecting him to either get hurt again or just tank the season to prevent injury. Isnt he there only weapon now?

You are off your game today. You are usually more clever then this...Burns isnt on a team with 8 other D1 guys who will take the attention off him. From what I see, he is the only big time D1 guy they have. (Unless Geo wants to rebut)....

Everyone knows there Oline sucks and he aint a superfreak like Sean Taylor was to singlehandly do it all by himself. All those factors lead me to my conclusion. He will either get hurt again or he will tank the season to prevent injury. JMO.

Kid like this transfers to a BTW or CC and he runs for 1600yds 20TDs because he isnt the main focus. Everyone is waiting for him to breakout and be the 5* talent we all know he is.

Advertisement
I really don't know **** but Burns looks like a baller to me. Has a lot of natural ability and looked strong as a soph. Looking forward to seeing him healthy.

will he play this year ? Looking at are RBs if this kid is elite he could jump right to the top

Here we go with the Gus the Bus talk again....

As for Burns, until he proves he can stay healthy, he's just another player who showed promise at one point.

The two running backs that would be at the top of my list are Malik Davis and Anthony McFarland. Right there with them would be Lemons. Then there's a big drop to Burns and Felix. I feel like I'm leaving someone out.

Advertisement

You are off your game today. You are usually more clever then this...Burns isnt on a team with 8 other D1 guys who will take the attention off him. From what I see, he is the only big time D1 guy they have. (Unless Geo wants to rebut)....

Everyone knows there Oline sucks and he aint a superfreak like Sean Taylor was to singlehandly do it all by himself. All those factors lead me to my conclusion. He will either get hurt again or he will tank the season to prevent injury. JMO.

Kid like this transfers to a BTW or CC and he runs for 1600yds 20TDs because he isnt the main focus. Everyone is waiting for him to breakout and be the 5* talent we all know he is.

Sean was a freak but he didn't do it by himself. That gulliver team was solid across the board. Judging based off who went D1 is short sighted.

Advertisement
Back