QUESTION: Knowing 2019, Would You Still Choose Diaz As 2020 HC?

I thought the same, but then became incredibly frustrated with his lack of leadership adjustment on O last season. Granted the OC runs the O, but it appeared he had his elbow on the pulse.

Let me re-phrase my original question:

IF Diaz had a 2019 season like he did on any other team AND Miami had a HC vacancy for 2020, would Manuela be a candidate?

I strongly suspect the answer is no.
Well no he wouldn't but you can't write Diaz after one season. I think college coaches need at least 3 full Seasons unless the first two years are a nightmare. If he has a season like last year then he needs to be fired. If he can win 9-10 games including the bowl game then he deserves to return.

Advertisement
Well no he wouldn't but you can't write Diaz after one season. I think college coaches need at least 3 full Seasons unless the first two years are a nightmare. If he has a season like last year then he needs to be fired. If he can win 9-10 games including the bowl game then he deserves to return.

What about 7-8 Ws? Keep for Y3 or out the door?

out of this conversation, u are the original canes kid right? back in the grassy days. Thanks for a reply. I'm waiting.

No. Grassy was before my time. I don’t think you’re the first one to ask. I’m not familiar with who that person is. I’m not even sure if he had the same exact name as me. But like I said, a couple of other people have asked me the same type of question before. Definitely another guy. Who knows what happened to him. Sad to say but people get sick, or die.

Advertisement
I'm not anti-Manny, I'm anti-Blake. It's not impossible that Manny can still turn out to be a good head coach. He's shown the ability to recognize there's a problem and the balls to make changes. Is it likely that he'll be a great coach? Not very. That said, there's no way in **** after 2019 that anyone would hire him as their 2020 head coach.

That's not being a mope, it's being objective.

Advertisement
It's a given how muppets will answer this question, so save the climate and spare the world your aerobic and anaerobic respirations.

For serious posters here, knowing 2019, would you still honestly choose Manuela to lead our 2020 Canes?

I suspect with deliberate thought, most if not all, critical thinkers would say Diaz had an opportunity and completely fumbled it with no chance of recovery.

I'm certainly in the camp there is no need to prolong Manuela's era past the moment his buyout becomes bearable.

If Miami wants any chance of joining upper tier of ACC (forget nationally) it is time to find a new organizational leader (B James out the door as well).

with the changes he’s made to the offensive staff
I want to see him at least one more year

it’s refreshing to have a coach that addresses issues in the off season

no, CMD had no experience as an HC. Richt left us flush with cash as he did not exercise contract. James announced nation wide search and CMD was the best he could do? D.Mullen was interested, B.Davis wanted a shot, M.Leach would have been an "fun shot"...... and James paid Temple 4.5 M$....... leads me to think there is something in the water at Hecht
as usual CMD wins January polar , Ed Reed etc , change of Offense staff (2)
but will not drink the Kool-Aid....seems some of BOT members are starting to see how much $$$$$ a great college football program can mean to school rather than say U Health has been to school

Dabo went 6-6 his second full year with Clemson. I understand that we all want to win and win now. But to Diaz credit he made adjustments...let’s see what happens.
As a canes fan, I personally hope it works.

The Dabo model has been brought up before and through mid season last year, I didn't discount it. WVU hung 70+ on Clemson and Dabo shouldered much of the "pull a Clemson" phrase.

As the slow motion cat wreck continued with Manuela, I continued to discount Dabo's journey more and more.

Possible? Sure. Like OC3 having an intelligent thought (ok let's not get crazy).

Probable? I just don't see it and it will take a ton of positive momentum and O-led Ws in games to prove me wrong.

Advertisement
Dabo went 6-6 his second full year with Clemson. I understand that we all want to win and win now. But to Diaz credit he made adjustments...let’s see what happens.

We all want to see it work with every Canes HC.

UF wanted Zook to succeed too.

They just couldn't get it done.

Advertisement
Don't talk any sense to these guys. They know the future. They knew Jimmy would come good after one year. They knew Butch would come good even while they were flying banners to get him fired.

Manny had a disastrous first season. Which wasn't any better than the season before. But to his credit he has made changes and isn't doing the same thing over again. If he has another season like last season then he should be gone. I honestly think he needs to win 10 games.

Don't talk any sense to these guys. They know the future. They knew Jimmy would come good after one year. They knew Butch would come good even while they were flying banners to get him fired.

Manny had a disastrous first season. Which wasn't any better than the season before. But to his credit he has made changes and isn't doing the same thing over again. If he has another season like last season then he should be gone. I honestly think he needs to win 10 games.
To me it's not all about win total, but just looking much improved. No more scraping by CMU, losing to a 2 win GT team, getting whooped by FIU. Show that we can beat the crap out of crappy teams and that's improvement. Stop beating ourselves would be improvement. See UNC, UF and VT last year. Sometimes a team just plays great and you lose, but we didn't lose any games like that last year. We lost games because WE messed up, over and over. That has to stop, ASAP.

To me it's not all about win total, but just looking much improved. No more scraping by CMU, losing to a 2 win GT team, getting whooped by FIU. Show that we can beat the crap out of crappy teams and that's improvement. Stop beating ourselves would be improvement. See UNC, UF and VT last year. Sometimes a team just plays great and you lose, but we didn't lose any games like that last year. We lost games because WE messed up, over and over. That has to stop, ASAP.
Agreed

Such a troll post by the OP. Anyone who disagrees is a muppet . Sure buddy. The situation is so basic - we messed up hiring an OC that Saban and Smart wanted . We suffered for it . We fixed it and now the real eval of Diaz' coaching begins. IF we win the coastal next season and the offense is much better then it will sure look like we made a great hire . If not then probably didn't . Can't make any judgement at this time . For sure though Diaz has owned both offseasons he has been a part of so there is reason for great hope .

But anyone who has completely bought in or completely given up on this coaching staff shows there lack on intelligence . Too early . **** even if Diaz had gone undefeated last season it would be too early. 1 great or horrible season does not a great or horrible coach make.

Advertisement
Back