QUESTION: Knowing 2019, Would You Still Choose Diaz As 2020 HC?

I was in section G row 61 (under the overhang for rain and sun protection) for all of it too. Losing at home 3 to 38 to a crappy FSU team and losing at home when you're up 31-0 at halftime is all the masses needed to know. Here was a "veteran" coach that never did great things where he was, and now was destroying the juggernaunt that Schnelly had assembled.

Truth is, defending him, as I did, was tough and brutal. The masses were ready to cut bait with that "loser".

Thank heavens the admin didn't cave in to the masses on Johnson, nor Butch for that matter.

This in no way means Manny will lead us to where we need to go, and I wouldn't have hired him (nor Johnson, nor Erickson, nor Butch, actually).

But Manny's our coach now. As such, while I have my doubts like I've had in others before, I'll pull for the possibility that he'll reward our patience the way Johnson and Butch did.

And it makes the off-season SO MUCH more enjoyable to have hope (for me anyway) than to be "100% positive" he'll fail.

Allow me to dream, and I'll allow the masses to wallow in their brilliant foresight miseries.

I'm with you.

The point of my first post was to show that a coaches first year may, or may not, reflect what type of coach he'll be in the following years.
We don't need a "great" coach. A very good coach who can recruit and motivate can do some serious damage here.

Hopefully Manny is that guy.

Advertisement
I was never in favor of Manny being head coach. I am not going to pull against him though. He is here like it or not for probably at least 2 more years. I hope he proves me wrong because if not we are looking at hiring another new coach and being mediocre at least a couple more years after he is gone. Best thing for the program at this point is Manny being able to turn it around

Whether it is Diaz or another coach, Miami should never hire a coach without a proven record as a head coach. I was not in favor of his hire. Davis has been our only coach without head coaching experience that has had recent success at Miami. You can debate Larry Coker as to whether he was a good hire but Coker was not able to sustain any type of winning longevity at Miami. Any coach with no HC experience will have a learning curve, Diaz is no exception. I hope he gets it right because we cant afford for him to fail. It just jeeps setting the program back further and further.

It's a given how muppets will answer this question, so save the climate and spare the world your aerobic and anaerobic respirations.

For serious posters here, knowing 2019, would you still honestly choose Manuela to lead our 2020 Canes?

I suspect with deliberate thought, most if not all, critical thinkers would say Diaz had an opportunity and completely fumbled it with no chance of recovery.

I'm certainly in the camp there is no need to prolong Manuela's era past the moment his buyout becomes bearable.

If Miami wants any chance of joining upper tier of ACC (forget nationally) it is time to find a new organizational leader (B James out the door as well).
Re-read the way you phrased this, OP. Obviously it was never intended to actually generate a legitimate discussion. Rather, it was you just ramming your own opinion down everyone's throat and doing so in a manner that speaks down to anyone who disagrees with you. Very similar to how most civil discourse goes in our society these days, sadly.

Re-read the way you phrased this, OP. Obviously it was never intended to actually generate a legitimate discussion. Rather, it was you just ramming your own opinion down everyone's throat and doing so in a manner that speaks down to anyone who disagrees with you. Very similar to how most civil discourse goes in our society these days, sadly.

um....um.....um.....

ok.

Did you miss this part?

"...For serious posters here, knowing 2019, would you still honestly choose Manuela to lead our 2020 Canes?..."

Oh most high and sensitive great one, could you enlighten us with your holy take on said matter?

Last edited:
Advertisement
um....um.....um.....

ok.

Oh most high and sensitive great one, could you enlighten us with your holy take on said matter?
Unlike you, I don't act high and mighty, bud. And I'm definitely not a sensitive one. If you don't get what I was saying in my last post, cool.

Unlike you, I don't act high and mighty, bud. And I'm definitely not a sensitive one. If you don't get what I was saying in my last post, cool.

I don't act high and mighty, sparky.

You appear to need a tissue for your issue.

If you don't get what I'm saying, cool.

I like what Manny is trying to do with the team and culture. This is a long process. Need to give him 4-5 years to get this turned around.

I like what Manny is trying to do with the team and culture. This is a long process. Need to give him 4-5 years to get this turned around.
Say what butter cup, easy peezy lemon squeezy. Now. You are kiddin. I knew it was a farce. 4 to 5, how about this coming season. :)

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back