Question for the people who went to the game vs Tech

AzzaraSteven

Recruit
I watched Peter Ariz on the FOX show that's posted here on the site and I he mentioned how the stadium was rocking last week and the sound stays in the stadium which is rare for college football. For the people who went to HRS for the game vs VaTech, how loud was it? What kind of insight can you provide for someone like me who is a Canes fan (born and raised in Palatka, Florida). I appreciate your feedback.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Between music & fans a deafening place; total nut house...it's been loud every game (I've been to all of the games). Even at 50k it's loud but with full house you can barely talk to each other. GO CANES!

I watched Peter Ariz on the FOX show that's posted here on the site and I he mentioned how the stadium was rocking last week and the sound stays in the stadium which is rare for college football. For the people who went to HRS for the game vs VaTech, how loud was it? What kind of insight can you provide for someone like me who is a Canes fan (born and raised in Palatka, Florida) but moved to Kansas to relocate for a job? I appreciate your feedback.

Advertisement
I’ve gone to Georgia tech, Syracuse, and VT. After it started raining in that Georgia tech game till the end of the Virginia Tech game that stadium has been a constant buzz when the other team is on offense. When they get confused at the line of scrimmage is just get us louder. We are hoping around shaking the stadium and when the song “7 nation army” comes on 3rd down you can’t help but stand and want to scream with the crowd.

It gets loud. I went to the university of South Carolina during the Clowney years and sat in the student section and we are louder. Very impressed by the knowledgeable fans who do know a lot about the team and the history not to mention the game of football(our fans or pretty good about being loud when they have the ball and quiet when we have the ball, i remember at one point in the third quarter you could hear a pin drop in that stadium when we got the ball.

Best part last week i ended up sitting behind two Virginia Tech fans. I’m 29 now try not to talk as much shot as i used toobut off course this old man and his son about my age couldn’t help themselves. They said they couldn’t wait to shut down our quarterback and they heard the stadium sounds like a whisper. I had been to the two previous games and knew they had no clue what they were talking about. A couple more jabs about how the stadium wasn’t full 30 minutes before kickoff. Needless to say i enjoyed that whole game when those guys would look back and i would just look down on them smirk and say what is that i can’t hear you over the whisper. About halfway through the 3rd they changed seats.

Needless to say test the stadium this weekend we may break records for decibel level. Can’t wait to see every one at the rock Saturday night.

I had season tickets during the golden years (I know right) when I was living in Miami, I think the loudest game was probably 2012 FSU or 2014 FSU, either way, both games were loud only because of FSU fans that were there. I drove down to Miami for VT, first game since the canopy got put on. I'm still blown away by how loud it got, you can see it on the tv broadcast, that place was rocking and it was the only time I actually felt the stadium shake a bit. Such a cool experience and sensation, I only got my voice back yesterday.

Advertisement
Loudest game I’ve ever been to. I was at Pedo St opening of their new stadium when the kid who had been paralyzed led them out of the tunnel. Been to packed houses at Tennessee, UFelon, F$U, Vag Tech, GT, Clemzon... Spent my childhood going to games at the OB. I still haven’t gotten my voice back since the game and haven’t had a drop to drink since I got home on Sunday, trying to recover by this Saturday.

It was loud, it was big, it was all kinds of 305.

I'm a season ticket holder, and honestly I don't think the stadium has been quiet since the rain starting falling during the GT game. I still get chills thinking about the atmosphere last Saturday.

I'm a season ticket holder, and honestly I don't think the stadium has been quiet since the rain starting falling during the GT game. I still get chills thinking about the atmosphere last Saturday.

I'm a season ticket holder too.....and you are correct. Its been loud since GT Rain party.

Advertisement
Super loud and rowdy. Only sat down for a total of about ten minutes the whole game! Was on the away side and barely saw any hokie fans. This Saturday will be even crazier. My only complaint has to be the stupid games they try to force in between drives. Play some hype music after we get a 3rd or 4th down stop

Went to the cuse game and was pleasantly surprised at how loud it was. Sat in sec 120 (visitors side). I had 2 cuse fans next to me and they were stunned at the noise level. Certainly not an attendance expert but I would guess there was maybe 52,000 there for a humid 3:30 start. I can’t imagine 63-65,000 packed in for a night game when the freaks show up! Saturday night should be sick!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
I had season tickets during the golden years (I know right) when I was living in Miami, I think the loudest game was probably 2012 FSU or 2014 FSU, either way, both games were loud only because of FSU fans that were there. I drove down to Miami for VT, first game since the canopy got put on. I'm still blown away by how loud it got, you can see it on the tv broadcast, that place was rocking and it was the only time I actually felt the stadium shake a bit. Such a cool experience and sensation, I only got my voice back yesterday.

I swore I felt something but was like naaa this stadium isn't that old. Certainly felt like it was rockin when we recovered that fumble

Advertisement
Back