Question for the people who went to the game vs Tech

Advertisement
The roof makes a big difference. It was very loud. This Saturday will be insane loud.

I know I’m in the minority but I don’t think it’s going to be as long. There will be 20k Nd fans at least. Will definitely cut down on the sound.

no ******* way they get 20k fans. stadium only holds 65k so you are saying a third of the fans will be Golden Homers... step away from the pipe man remember its puff puff pass. id say maybe 10k at the max.

as for the sound inside the stadium during VT it was at an Spinal_Tap_-_Up_to_Eleven.jpg

Last edited:
Been to plenty of home games, both in the OB and old "Sun Life". Been to my share of road games as well including Blacksburg, Gainesville, Tally, etc , so I do have a little perspective. Last Saturday was one of the loudest game experiences I've been to. Ears ringing, can't hear the person next to you deals.

Just a night and day difference from a couple years ago with the roof, and seats closer to the field as well. That's a serious (and still completely underrated) home field advantage we have right now. Really don't think most national observers or opponents realize it until they see it.

VT DC Bud Foster's comments after the game:
"I’ve been in a bunch of these games here," Foster said. "I think the one that was closest to the atmosphere they had here tonight was when Mike Vick came in his sophomore year, they beat us and we were a top-five football team at the time. I have not seen the atmosphere like this here in a long, long time. So it was a good night for the ‘Canes."

Couldn’t hear the refs on the speakers. Had to yell to speak to the person next to you. Rowdy AF!!. Might have been the amount of cheap tickets that were sold=more money for booze lol. I don’t know if it will be louder, but if it’s just as loud it will be Rockin!!

It was the most consistently loud it's ever been at that stadium. On every Tech possession, it felt like the place was going to explode. I've been to almost every home game in Hard Rock/ Joe Robbie/ Whatever stadium and it was as loud or louder than any game there.

You don't get the rattle like you would in the old Orange Bowl but for pure decibel loudness, it was pretty high.

Advertisement
**** homie I lived near you , I'm in Hastings FL. I attended the game last week as well many other games, I can tell you it was rocking in there. If you was still living here it would've been cool to maybe hit some of the games up .

It was loud as **** in there. My section kept the madness going with 'There's some Canes over here!!!!!!' all **** night long. Unreal night.

Rocking loud.... been to to GT and VT games ... insanely loud.

Closest to the Seattle Seahawks stadium in terms of noise and atmosphere... Ross really lucked out with the remodel.

The place was definitely live but far from what the OB used to be back in the day. There is a certain gheyness to the new millennium game that cannot be explained exactly.

* Never do I remember people in the Orange Bowl screaming at other fans to sit down. Now a days thats a regular occasion.

* There were several times where the stadium would start to get rockin', then go to a TV commercial break and the fans were still into it only to have some stupid trivia contest come on the TV screens that would force everyone to sit and be quiet. There should be NONE OF THAT **** for big time night games. Honoring long time season ticket-holders and various trivia game bull**** is for noon games against teams that al golden beat. In big games the focus should remain on the game until halftime and/or maybe the quarter breaks.

Advertisement
I watched Peter Ariz on the FOX show that's posted here on the site and I he mentioned how the stadium was rocking last week and the sound stays in the stadium which is rare for college football. For the people who went to HRS for the game vs VaTech, how loud was it? What kind of insight can you provide for someone like me who is a Canes fan (born and raised in Palatka, Florida) but moved to Kansas to relocate for a job? I appreciate your feedback.

It was ***king crazy loud. The most electric atmosphere that I had been at since the 2000 FSU game.

The place was definitely live but far from what the OB used to be back in the day. There is a certain gheyness to the new millennium game that cannot be explained exactly.

* Never do I remember people in the Orange Bowl screaming at other fans to sit down. Now a days thats a regular occasion.

* There were several times where the stadium would start to get rockin', then go to a TV commercial break and the fans were still into it only to have some stupid trivia contest come on the TV screens that would force everyone to sit and be quiet. There should be NONE OF THAT **** for big time night games. Honoring long time season ticket-holders and various trivia game bull**** is for noon games against teams that al golden beat. In big games the focus should remain on the game until halftime and/or maybe the quarter breaks.

Plus, those kids should get off your lawn.

You never had the "good" sideline seats then. One year, my group decided to splurge and upgrade from our regular west endzone seats to some home sideline seats around the 30 yard line. It was horrible. Just a bunch of old geezers who yelled at us to sit down every game. A dude literally told me "If you want to stand up, go back to the endzone with the animals". Look, I get it. In a meaningless blow out game, there's no reason to be the only jackass standing up in a section but in big games, your *** should never be in the seat. We went right back to our old west endzone, general admission tickets the next season.

Advertisement
Felt like the OB.

That is a great thing, but it stung a little to read it. That closed west end was something amazing. Still, the crowd made plays Saturday against VT and that was what the OB was all about. I guess it is time to let go and pass the crown to THE ROCK. May it be the new place where programs and dream go to be slaughtered.

You guys should reach out to the Miami AD office and express that. Many times they have stuff put together by a bunch of people who have no idea what you just expressed.

Thats because those **** seats with no backrest at the ob were so uncomfortable, no one wanted to sit.

Advertisement
It was truly a site to be seen. The atmosphere was electric. Can't wait until Saturday. Hopefully this is a prelude to the Dolphins getting their own stadium.

I watched Peter Ariz on the FOX show that's posted here on the site and I he mentioned how the stadium was rocking last week and the sound stays in the stadium which is rare for college football. For the people who went to HRS for the game vs VaTech, how loud was it? What kind of insight can you provide for someone like me who is a Canes fan (born and raised in Palatka, Florida) but moved to Kansas to relocate for a job? I appreciate your feedback.

Loud, caused several false starts and problems hiking the ball that affected the outcome! I believe that on at least two occasion when VA. Tech was going for it on third or fourth and short it caused two errors snapping the ball that stopped drives where they had some momentum. The snap errors were like the U getting a turnover.

My son has been on the field a few times when it was loud and says the sound just bounces around and is so loud you can't hear the guy next to you speaking! With the additional overhang on the stadium I imagine it to be even louder this year than ever. Va. Tech wasn't ready for the level of noise they encountered.

On another note I have two tickets section 351 row 17 for $375 for both. Tickets Sold, hate not being there but there are somethings that take precedent..just saying..will be watching on TV

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back