Question for the Board about Mark Richt

Advertisement
Georgia fans think they are one coach away from being Alabama, which they aren't. They could easily end up like the current Tennessee program: wishing they still had the guy who used to win 10 games but who wasn't good enough at the time.

many of the SEC programs feel like they are all like Alabama. But outside of Urban and Saban, they haven't been a championship powerhouse. You'll have a championship at LSU or Auburn every now and then but UGA has one championship in 100 years. Even Florida only has one championship outside of Urban.

The guy was the OC and QB coach under Bowden at FSU.

Single- handedly coached up two heisman quarterbacks

Had the #1 offense in the country 3 or 4 times

Went to GEorgia and averaged 10 wins a game in the SEC.

Dude is about as solid a hire as you can get

HOW MANY NCs! I'll wait!

Georgia fans think they are one coach away from being Alabama, which they aren't. They could easily end up like the current Tennessee program: wishing they still had the guy who used to win 10 games but who wasn't good enough at the time.

You can judge a coach by how the fanbase reacts

Miami fans wanted Golden gone and were rejoicing

Georgia fans are collectively saying WTF. Nobody understands why Richt was fired

Advertisement
Les Miles was going to be fired if Jimbo Fisher agreed to take the job....FACT.

Georgia would not have fired Richt if they didn't have a deal done with either Kirby Smart or Tom Herman.

You dont know ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My only worry is that he's burnt out right now. Butch on the otherhand seems about as rejuvenated as can be.

**** bring Richt in as OC/Assoc HC

Georgia fans are collectively saying WTF. Nobody understands why Richt was fired

Richt Under-Achieved! Les Miles is underachieving at LSU!

Advertisement

HOW MANY NCs! I'll wait!

Who are we going to hire with a NC?

I know someone that wants one REALLY BAD and CAN WIN IT......................BUTCH DAVIS!

The reality is we are not Alabama and lsu right now. I may seem like a richt supporter but I'm not. I just know that its not the glory days anymore. We haven't won 10 games in a season in a decade. We are irrelevant. Fans want the slam dunk hire and I do too. But being a realist, Mark richt and some of these other names would be good hires for Miami because it would at least get us in contention again. The last three coaches have ruined this program and it's not a simple fix

We need an established coach to get us back in the conversation.

Richt has won 50 games in the past five seasons. He is a **** good coach and ethical, which is a rarity in the SEC.

**** ethical.....I want to win!

I want bagmen scouring the city, short leashes w/ tight accountability on staff and changes made quickly if not performing. No more love each other and never fire an assistant coach BS

Advertisement

Richt Under-Achieved! Les Miles is underachieving at LSU!

SMFH......I swear

We are irrelevant for the past 12 years and fans have the audacity to mock the prospect of two of the most established and well respected coaches in the country coming here.

Convinced that most Miami fans parents were related before marriage....say no to incest

HOW MANY NCs! I'll wait!

I'm not aware of any coach with NC's being available

Richt did win the title as a coordinator

Advertisement

Way to live in the past, this is 2015.

Have you watched UGA play in the last 5 years?

Way to live in the past, this is 2015.

Have you watched UGA play in the last 5 years?

Have you watched Miami play in the last five years?

First, Mark would be a Major upgrade over Folden, but my question is:

Why should Miami consider Mark Richt, who had 100% Support of the UGA Administration but was not in the same league as Bama, UF and LSU?

For the record, LSU's admin was right to consider parting ways with Les Miles... and should have! Bama has ate LSU's lunch for 5 straight years! That's terminable!

Because you have to be good first before you're great, and Miami hasn't been good for awhile now. Richt would add stability and give us 9-10 win seasons (probably more -- he did coach in the SEC when LSU, Bama and Florida all built monster programs) and runs the type of offense we want here.

Basically, we know the floor with Richt -- we probably average 9 wins per season with the possibility of some ACC Championship Game appearances. If in four years, it looks like he's not going to get us to the next level, then you go out and find the guy who will. Either way, you're in a much better position than the program is now.

I don't understand the hate or dislike for Richt. He's a good coach who did well at georgia. To those questioning him, Georgia is not alabama, it's not florida. They don't have the homegrown talent that Florida has, and they don't have the storied tradition that alabama has. Despite that, Richt recruited players to georgia and kept them a top 3 or 4 team in the sec. He also has done it mostly the right way, without incidents for the most part.

Advertisement
Back