Question for the Board about Mark Richt

Sonny Long

Thunderdome
Purgatory
First, Mark would be a Major upgrade over Folden, but my question is:

Why should Miami consider Mark Richt, who had 100% Support of the UGA Administration but was not in the same league as Bama, UF and LSU?

For the record, LSU's admin was right to consider parting ways with Les Miles... and should have! Bama has ate LSU's lunch for 5 straight years! That's terminable!

Advertisement
Miami fans are wrapped up in that he is an alum for starters. Richt has a 9-10 win ceiling and will elevate us for sure.

Richt has won 50 games in the past five seasons. He is a **** good coach and ethical, which is a rarity in the SEC.

Richt has won 50 games in the past five seasons. He is a **** good coach and ethical, which is a rarity in the SEC.

That does not equate to NCs! We need a HC that is obsessed with winning NCs.......not saving souls!

Advertisement
He's a high quality coach. However, I don't think we'd win a championship with him. Georgia gets top dibs on many of the top players in the state of Georgia.

If he couldn't get it done after having been at Georgia for a long time, I don't see why he'd be able to get it done here.

Why should Miami consider Mark Richt, who had 100% Support of the UGA Administration but was not in the same league as Bama, UF and LSU?

For the record, LSU's admin was right to consider parting ways with Les Miles... and should have! Bama has ate LSU's lunch for 5 straight years! That's terminable!

Les Miles was going to be fired if Jimbo Fisher agreed to take the job....FACT.

Georgia would not have fired Richt if they didn't have a deal done with either Kirby Smart or Tom Herman.

Advertisement
He's a high quality coach. However, I don't think we'd win a championship with him. Georgia gets top dibs on many of the top players in the state of Georgia.

If he couldn't get it done after having been at Georgia for a long time, I don't see why he'd be able to get it done here.

Agreed!

"Expectations have been built to the point if you don't win a championship, things are miserable around here,"

Mark Richt

DON'T WANT!

Advertisement
I think Mark would have us in the playoff hunt every year. UGA is propped up as a top job but their is a reason that they only have one championship. Mark did more than all the coaches before him there. He isn't my top pick but he would be the best coach in the coastal and can beat FSU. I like that he wants to be more hands on and call plays and coach QB's in his next coaching role as well. I don't know if he can win the playoffs which is the ultimate goal but I am confident he puts us in the playoffs. It is easier to win here with the right coach than elsewhere.

The guy was the OC and QB coach under Bowden at FSU.

Single- handedly coached up two heisman quarterbacks

Had the #1 offense in the country 3 or 4 times

Went to GEorgia and averaged 10 wins a game in the SEC.

Dude is about as solid a hire as you can get

Advertisement
In the 100 years of Georgia football before Richt got there, UGA won the National Title exactly 1 time, when they had Herschel Walker.

UGA simply has never been a title-producing school.

Right now, I think there are only 5 active head coaches in existence that have ever won a title (and one of them is Larry Coker).

Right now, i think the only active HCs that have a better record than Richt (assuming a reasonable minimum number of games threshold) are Meyer, Saban, Fisher, Stoops, and Patterson.

I'm not on the Richt bandwagon, but nixing him b/c he hasn't won a title at UGA is silly.

The guy was the OC and QB coach under Bowden at FSU.

Single- handedly coached up two heisman quarterbacks

Had the #1 offense in the country 3 or 4 times

Went to GEorgia and averaged 10 wins a game in the SEC.

Dude is about as solid a hire as you can get

If nothing else, Richt would leave the program with fans in the stands and national relevancy making it a great job the next time we are looking for a coach.

Georgia fans think they are one coach away from being Alabama, which they aren't. They could easily end up like the current Tennessee program: wishing they still had the guy who used to win 10 games but who wasn't good enough at the time.

Advertisement
Back