Question for the Board about Mark Richt

Richt has a number of positives, but one big negative: he just got fired for not winning enough at a program that is mellow and has fans far more tolerate than Canes. If he comes here, he needs to realize this is not Tally where it is okay to take 15 or 20 years to to win a NC or UGA where they ONE once upon a time. Dude needs to have a 3 year contract with school option for 2 more one years extensions with 70% of his salary coming from ACC, playoff and NC, loaded heavily for the NC. He needs a terrifying sense of urgency he has never had. This is Miami, not Tally or Athens. I think Butch is the right coach for us, but Mark at least would not set me on fire.

Advertisement
I think a problem with this program (and our fans now) is that we have gotten so used to consistent mediocrity over the past 10 years that many fans are perfectly happy with a coach who can get us consistent 8-10 win season. Heck, some fans even drool over it.

Well, ***** that. I don't want 8-10 win seasons, I want a national championship. Is that too much to ask for? I'm sure some people will say yes, but I don't think it's unrealistic to say we can win one in the next 2-3 years. Don't settle for 9 wins a year. We are better than that.

Alright well point me to a coach who is gonna win a national championship for Miami then

I think a problem with this program (and our fans now) is that we have gotten so used to consistent mediocrity over the past 10 years that many fans are perfectly happy with a coach who can get us consistent 8-10 win season. Heck, some fans even drool over it.

Well, ***** that. I don't want 8-10 win seasons, I want a national championship. Is that too much to ask for? I'm sure some people will say yes, but I don't think it's unrealistic to say we can win one in the next 2-3 years. Don't settle for 9 wins a year. We are better than that.

Alright well point me to a coach who is gonna win a national championship for Miami then

BUTCH MFing DAVIS

[SIZ]BUTCH MFing DAVIS[/SIZE]

The problem with Butch is that he's old.

Outside of that I'm all for Butch

Advertisement
Think I've fully boarded the Butch as HC, and Richt as a high end costly OC. Luckily Butch shouldn't be too expensive, so it'll be fine.

Been to several UGA games this year, daughter is a student there, Georgia plays uninspired football. No desire to have Richt as our coach.

I would be happy if Richt came to miami. I don't understand why everyone is down on him. Compare him to butch. How many titles did butch win? I saw the canes lose to lesser Washington team which cost us a chance at the title. I would take butch and I would take richt. But if you're arguing ome is better than the other, you're crazy. Butch recruited well. So did richt. They're similar types, except one is a defensive guy, the other is an offensive guy.

Been to several UGA games this year, daughter is a student there, Georgia plays uninspired football. No desire to have Richt as our coach.

I've been to 2-3 UGA games per year over the past 4 years since my in laws moved to Athens. They look light years ahead of us.

Advertisement
Richt has a number of positives, but one big negative: he just got fired for not winning enough at a program that is mellow and has fans far more tolerate than Canes. If he comes here, he needs to realize this is not Tally where it is okay to take 15 or 20 years to to win a NC or UGA where they ONE once upon a time. Dude needs to have a 3 year contract with school option for 2 more one years extensions with 70% of his salary coming from ACC, playoff and NC, loaded heavily for the NC. He needs a terrifying sense of urgency he has never had. This is Miami, not Tally or Athens. I think Butch is the right coach for us, but Mark at least would not set me on fire.

Umm, not true at all. My sister in law is faculty at UGA, my father in law has season tickets and lives in Athens too. I go to a couple of UGA games a year. UGA fans do not tolerate this, that's why he was run out of town with 75% winning %, or whatever it was. That's why their fans booed him this year. Sure, there are a lot of UGA fans who loved him, but there were Miami fans who still liked Fat Al (not comparing the two). UGA fans actually think they're Alabama as a program, not realizing their program is not that great, and that they only have 1 NC, and that was 35 years ago, and only because of Herschel Walker.

Advertisement
Back