Quentin Williams... The Breakdown...

Joeylefrak

Recruit
But... Let me break it down...

As some of you may know, I'm Quentin's father... But don't think I'm here to sugar coat anything. I'm his number 1 fan and number 1 critic. I'm at every practice and game...

Yes, early on Quentin and the whole D started out sluggish and looked disoriented. A few reasons for that...

8 months to prepare can be a gift and a curse for coaches. The whole defensive gameplan was adjusted to stop #7 and keep the QB in the pocket. Up until this past Wednesday, adjustments were being made. Our head coach is now calling the defense, which he hasn't done in about 5 yrs. The d coordinator is now in the booth... Again, a major difference.. Calls were getting in late and relayed late, causing the D to line up late and be confused.

After the long delay, Quentin and the defense came out and looked completely different. Quentin pressured the QB several times and hit him. He just missed multiple times simply because the QB gets the ball out SWIFTLY. I see some expected domination... Sure, we expect that every game... But Dutch Fork has won the last 3 State Championships at the highest level and didn't allow a single sack all last season.

I'm certainly not saying I wasn't disappointed.. Q definitely didn't take advantage of all the 1 on 1 opportunities he had. He did look sluggish and was absent on some drives. I got you... But, this was the first game and he didn't have the freedom usually given to our front. If you're judging him off this game solely, I get it... But, check back in during the season and you'll see what coaches see.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm certainly not saying I wasn't disappointed.. Q definitely didn't take advantage of all the 1 on 1 opportunities he had. He did look sluggish and was absent on some drives. I got you... But, this was the first game and he didn't have the freedom usually given to our front. If you're judging him off this game solely, I get it... But, check back in during the season and you'll see what coaches see.
Sounds like the Golden/Donforio special
We're not worried about him and his abilities

Advertisement
@Joeylefrak thanks for sharing that insight, I still believe Quentin would benefit greatly from enrolling early and redshirting in 2020. The raw physical tools are there, but he got washed down by the Off Tackles quite a bit last night. Working on improving his hand fighting techniques will prevent the oline from getting to his body.
There are better instructional videos out there but this is one I liked also.

That's HOF DT Dallas Cowboy Randy White

Go Canes

Last edited:
First, nice to meet you. I am from the Charlotte area and have been watching Mallard Creek Play for years and actually played ball with Donald Littlejohn.

Here is my honest opinion and I am no way attacking Quentin; just want to make that clear. This board gets a little quick on the keyboard sometimes if you say anything negative. First, Quentin is a freak of nature -- no doubt. I think it was obvious that they were using Quentin to contain the RB and the QB at times and, in my opinion, that isn't one of Quentin's biggest strengths. I think it can definitely be taught and will come easier with a few years in the Miami strength program. You are totally right in the fact that will be the best offensive line that MC sees all year and I expect to see Quentin's stats sky rocket throughout the year. It seems like DF had a good game plan in neutralizing the MC pass rush all game. I would have liked to see Quentin standing up in pass rushing a little more and being spaced out a little further as a 9 technique and let him try to get to the qb a little more. I understand this may have been counter intuitive considering DF's game plan.

With all that said, I saw flashes during the game that we all expect of Quentin. The talent is obviously there and he fits the mold of what Miami has looked for in DE's in the past few years. Find guys who are god gifted talents and mold them into elite pass rushers. Once Quentin gets into a strength program and expands on his pass rushing techniques, I have no doubt he will be a formidable pass rusher. He will definitely dominate the rest of the o-lines he faces in 2019. He has the range, the body, and the athleticism to make this happen. I agree with other guys on here that enrolling early and maybe taking a RS would work wonders for his development.

As some of you may know, I'm Quentin's father... But don't think I'm here to sugar coat anything. I'm his number 1 fan and number 1 critic. I'm at every practice and game...

Yes, early on Quentin and the whole D started out sluggish and looked disoriented. A few reasons for that...

8 months to prepare can be a gift and a curse for coaches. The whole defensive gameplan was adjusted to stop #7 and keep the QB in the pocket. Up until this past Wednesday, adjustments were being made. Our head coach is now calling the defense, which he hasn't done in about 5 yrs. The d coordinator is now in the booth... Again, a major difference.. Calls were getting in late and relayed late, causing the D to line up late and be confused.

After the long delay, Quentin and the defense came out and looked completely different. Quentin pressured the QB several times and hit him. He just missed multiple times simply because the QB gets the ball out SWIFTLY. I see some expected domination... Sure, we expect that every game... But Dutch Fork has won the last 3 State Championships at the highest level and didn't allow a single sack all last season.

Your son will be great. The team is lucky to have his commitment. The coaches here are going to make him a monster.

Advertisement
Welcome to the board Pops and thanks for the insight. Don't worry, most on here are fans of your boy and can't wait to see him in Orange & Green on Saturdays.

The others... well they would ***** about winning the lottery. So don't sweat those guys.

Thanks for the insight Pops. I look forward to following Quentin this season and can’t wait until he’s in the Orange and Green. He’s going to be a beast.

Advertisement
“Working on improving his hand fighting techniques will prevent the oline from getting to his body”...

no **** Sherlock did you get that from reading how to play DLINE for Dummies, the youth league guide to success?? 🤡🤡🤡

I am in a good mood today, since I am heading down to tailgate so I will ignore the utter stupidity of your post. Do some research before trying to come for me regarding anything to do with dline play.

The dad even mentioned his son needs to improve his pass rush techniques. Which I agreed with and provided instructional dline hand to hand technique videos.

Also do not high Jack a thread, which was started by a players parent, that is just down right disrespectful to the parent and also counter productive for the program.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Thanks for posting. PLEASE have patience with the boatload of idiots on the site, many of whom are not even Canes fans... We wish nothing but the best for your family and look forward to Quentin having an AWESOME career as a Cane! Have a Blessed Day!

Thank you Sir for the update! Please keep us up to date on how Quentin is doing throughout the season. He is a smart young man, and as such, I am sure he will learn throughout the season how to improve his craft. As a proud parent I am sure that you will be right there to help him with his skill set, as well as in those days where everything does not go according to plan. Your input and support will unquestionably be invaluable as an athlete as well as a human being. Also, as Republican9 stated, enrolling early and possibly taking a RS year will go along very well with The U's S & C program and will turn him into a top notch player. Welcome to The U, the canesinsight board, and our very vocal, emotional and devoted fan base. Go C-A-N-E-S!

I am in a good mood today, since I am heading down to tailgate so I will ignore the utter stupidity of your post. Do some research before trying to come for me regarding anything to do with dline play.

The dad even mentioned his son needs to improve his pass rush techniques. Which I agreed with and provided instructional dline hand to hand technique videos.

Also do not high Jack a thread, which was started by a players parent, that is just down right disrespectful to the parent and also counter productive for the program.

Go Canes

The point is u giving bs advice to a parent that doesn’t need it... he, the player, his coaches and circle around him know that Quentin isn’t a finished product. Quentin’s dad didn’t make this post for you clowns to give bull**** advice that’s worth nothing when it was clowns like you dissing his son off of one game in the first place gtfoh

Advertisement
Back