Quentin Williams moved to DT?

They wouldn’t purposely be moving guys to DT just to deplete depth at DE. There is a contingency plan there. I will tell you it’s not playing Leonard Taylor there. He’s been playing at 280+ this year at Palmetto. He’s ready to come in and play on the interior here. He will be in the four man rotation next year.

Advertisement
They wouldn’t purposely be moving guys to DT just to deplete depth at DE. There is a contingency plan there. I will tell you it’s not playing Leonard Taylor there. He’s been playing at 280+ this year at Palmetto. He’s ready to come in and play on the interior here. He will be in the four man rotation next year.

Have you read the crap that comes from a lot of the "fans" on here?!?! The sky is ALWAYS falling and we ALWAYS suck.

And nowhere near the stats of Rousseau, so I am not quite sure what point you are trying to make.....
His numbers are comparable.
Rousseau has 58 tackles 19.5 for loss and 15.5 sacks in 14 games.

Phillips has 78 tackles 18.5 for loss and 9.5 sacks in 18 games.

I want Phillips to stay for fan reasons but he’s a second rounder easily. He’s probably Miami’s best DL prospect not named Rousseau in the last 15 years. GR has freaky athleticism but a lot of his sack production came at nose tackle. He will never be lined up at the zero spot in the NFL so he’s going to have to prove he can get consistent pressure from the edge.

Advertisement
His numbers are comparable.
Rousseau has 58 tackles 19.5 for loss and 15.5 sacks in 14 games.

Phillips has 78 tackles 18.5 for loss and 9.5 sacks in 18 games.

I want Phillips to stay for fan reasons but he’s a second rounder easily. He’s probably Miami’s best DL prospect not named Rousseau in the last 15 years. GR has freaky athleticism but a lot of his sack production came at nose tackle. He will never be lined up at the zero spot in the NFL so he’s going to have to prove he can get consistent pressure from the edge.

A big difference that is missing when comparing their numbers is that in the 14 games GR15 played, he played sparingly in the bulk of them. We ended up starting him far too late, otherwise his number would be even higher.

Regarding Phillips (and unfortunately this topic will be talked about so much I think we will all be sick of it by January), if we all assume that he is hitting his stride right now and will continue to go ape$hit these last 3-4 games, there is no way any fan could even want him to stay. Especially with all that he has been through it would be the biggest "wish they didnt come back" tragedy since Melvin Bratton in 1987 and Rusty Medearis in 1992 if Phillips got hurt. What was it.. the UL game when that OL almost took his knee off like McGahee in the Fiesta bowl? Nah bruh.. If the draft advisory tells him he is a top 60 pick, you have to let him go. Forget all this "Come back and be a guaranteed top 10 pick" talk. Let him go.

Roche is gone. Not sure why this is even a debate.

Cam and Harvey will be in their 3rd year in the program next year. Training wheels are off. I think its time for them to show what they can do. ChWilliams and someone else will emerge at DE as backups. We will be fine.

He went from the number one recruit coming out of high school to OUT OF FOOTBALL. Put yourself in his shoes for a moment. He knows he’s a moment away from never playing again or getting paid. He now will have the opportunity to get well paid and live his dream. Would anyone roll dice on that? Also, if he crushes the combine, he won’t sniff the third round.
Yet Clemson first round draft picks stay. Phillips could use 2021 continuing to develop his craft. The kid makes plays but he also has a tendency to play undisciplined at times and get out of position. He is feasting the last couple of weeks against mediocre teams. Love to see if what he can do against an Alabama squad. Only at Miami do we argue for kids to leave early and 90% either don't make a roster or are out of the league in a year or two. Kid could move into first round next year if he stays.

Last edited:
He will have more tape than Rousseau once the season is over
He will have more tape than Rousseau once the season is over
So...that literally means nothing.

The difference is Rousseau made alot of plays. With less tape, Rousseau will have made more plays than Phillips, and Rousseau has better measureables.

Just to be clear, I believed Rousseau should have played this year.

Advertisement
So...that literally means nothing.

The difference is Rousseau made alot of plays. With less tape, Rousseau will have made more plays than Phillips, and Rousseau has better measureables.

Just to be clear, I believed Rousseau should have played this year.
If he continues on his current upward trajectory, Phillips tape at DE will be comparable to Rousseau. As someone stated - a good portion of Rousseau sacks were manufactured playing inside. As far as him having better measureables , that component is overstated when used against an athlete of Phillips caliber.

Last edited:
Advertisement
If he continues on his current upward trajectory, Phillips tape at DE will be comparable to Rousseau. As someone stated - a good portion of Rousseau sacks were manufactured playing inside. As far as him having better measureables , that component is overstated when used against an athlete of Phillips caliber.
I cant even reply to this

I don’t see him leaving
One side of the coin is he is injury prone and should leave to get paid before possibly getting hurt. The other side could be that he knows football isn't forever after his previous injury and sticks around UM to get his degree. I hope it is the second choice lol.

Advertisement
Roche, Phillips, Nesta are moving on but we're in good shape.

2021 prediction:

DE (7)

Joyner, R-SO
Harvey, R-FR
Cam Williams, R-FR
Roberts, FR
Chantz Williams, FR
Q. Williams, FR
Ishmael, FR

DT (7)

Ford, SR
Miller, R-SO
Hunte, R-FR
Blissett, R-FR
Holley, R-FR
Taylor, FR
Haye, FR

2021 prediction:

DE (7)

Joyner, R-SO
Harvey, R-FR
Cam Williams, R-FR
Roberts, FR
Chantz Williams, FR
Q. Williams, FR
Ishmael, FR

DT (7)

Ford, SR
Miller, R-SO
Hunte, R-FR
Blissett, R-FR
Holley, R-FR
Taylor, FR
Haye, FR
Nesta? Wtf? He's had a nice year but he isn't ready for the league yet.

2021 prediction:

DE (7)

Joyner, R-SO
Harvey, R-FR
Cam Williams, R-FR
Roberts, FR
Chantz Williams, FR
Q. Williams, FR
Ishmael, FR

DT (7)

Ford, SR
Miller, R-SO
Hunte, R-FR
Blissett, R-FR
Holley, R-FR
Taylor, FR
Haye, FR
I am sure there's lots of talent in that prediction but with only 1 senior and no juniors and only 2 sophomores that's a very young lineup.

Advertisement
Back