Quentin Williams comparison

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
I can't take credit for this (I stole it from @brock) but it's perfect. Quentin Williams is very similar to Chad Thomas. Neither guy was a smooth, polished pass rusher but they produced based on athleticism and motor. Both guys played inside and outside and both starred at quality programs. Look at the numbers:

Quentin Williams- 6'3, 234. 4.80 forty, 4.41 shuttle, 33.4 VJ, 43 ft. PB, 111.03 SPARQ
Chad Thomas- 6'5, 240, 4.85 forty, 4.35 shuttle, 30.9 VJ, 43 ft. PB, 108 SPARQ

I'll gladly take another Chad Thomas with a full career in this defense.

Advertisement
I can't take credit for this (I stole it from @brock) but it's perfect. Quentin Williams is very similar to Chad Thomas. Neither guy was a smooth, polished pass rusher but they produced based on athleticism and motor. Look at the numbers:

Quentin Williams- 6'3, 234. 4.80 forty, 4.41 shuttle, 33.4 VJ, 43 ft. PB, 111.03 SPARQ

But can Quentin produce hot tracks and drop bars? That’s what really matters if you’re comparing these two.

Advertisement
do you think the height difference plays a factor, as well?

Height and wait matters to a degree , but the Donell Harris kid is rated high but he looks like a stick. There’s a lot of bs and politics to this stuff too.

Chad played at a national power house who was constantly on tv. With big offers , prototypical size and hit camps hard. He also produced , so all of that helps. The donnell kid blows my mind , I have no answer for that. That’s why I don’t put everything into stars. They matter to a degree , but coaching and work ethic goes a long way.

Advertisement
I don't see Chad at all. Major 9 was a big Strong side End that sets the edge in the run game & was a high 5-star player coming out of BTW. He missed 2 season of development being under Folden/D'No but excelled with Coach Kul.

Quentin is a more of an underrated prospect, with a crazy high ceiling, he has a great long armed frame with high caliber athletic ability, testing numbers off the charts & produces on the field. Explosive quick get off & natural pass rushing skills with a high motor.

My comparison for Q when he committed was another North Carolina pass rusher, Melvin Ingram.

Quentin I think has the highest upside of the DE's committed in our 2020 class, I've always liked him more than Chantz as a pure Weak side rusher. He has a bevy of moves, he's not just a speed rusher, he's a kid that comes from a very good HS Mallard Creek that produces good players. You can tell the coaching at the school is good for their DLineman.

Agree.

Imo this kid is a better natural pass rusher and a better natural athlete than chad. Chad was strong as an ox doe. He played inside a lot his Sr year.

I don't see Chad. Major 9 was a big Strong side End that sets the edge in the run game & was a high 5-star player coming out of BTW. He missed 2 season of development being under Folden/D'No but excelled with Coach Kul.

Quentin is a more of an underrated prospect, with a crazy high ceiling, he has a great long armed frame with high caliber athletic ability, testing numbers off the charts & produces on the field. Explosive quick get off & natural pass rushing skills with a high motor.

My comparison for Q when he committed was another North Carolina pass rusher, Melvin Ingram.

Quentin I think has the highest upside of the DE's committed in our 2020 class, I've always liked him more than Chantz as a pure Weak side rusher. He has a bevy of moves, he's not just a speed rusher, he's a kid that comes from a very good HS Mallard Creek that produces good players. You can tell the coaching at the school is good for their DLineman.

Melvin Ingram was more versatile in high school. He was a RB, kicker, LB, etc.

Chad and Quentin are used in very similar ways. Inside, outside. The first few plays of their respective senior HLs are almost identical.

Melvin Ingram was more versatile in high school. He was a RB, kicker, LB, etc.

Chad and Quentin are used in very similar ways. Inside, outside. The first few plays of their respective senior HLs are almost identical.
That's true due to his raw running ability they used Ingram in multiple spots in HS.

Melvin Ingram was 6'2 247 4.79 40, 4.18 shuttle, 6.83 3-cone, 34.1 VJ
Quentin Williams is 6'3, 234. 4.80 forty, 4.41 shuttle, 33.4 VJ

They're athletically identical in terms of size, speed & play style. Quentin is a pass rusher in the same vein as Ingram is now & was at South Carolina. I don't see Q playing on the same side or like Chad did in college.

Advertisement
That's true due to his raw running ability they used Ingram in multiple spots in HS.

Melvin Ingram was 6'2 247 4.79 40, 4.18 shuttle, 6.83 3-cone, 34.1 VJ
Quentin Williams is 6'3, 234. 4.80 forty, 4.41 shuttle, 33.4 VJ

They're athletically identical in terms of size, speed & play style. Quentin is a pass rusher in the same vein as Ingram is now & was at South Carolina. I don't see Q playing on the same side or like Chad did in college.

Ingram was more coordinated and fluid which is why he played so many spots. Chad and Quentin are DL only.

When you watch the clips back-to-back, their movements are similar. A little tight, not as smooth as an Ingram, but forceful and explosive.

Height and wait matters to a degree , but the Donell Harris kid is rated high but he looks like a stick. There’s a lot of bs and politics to this stuff too.

Chad played at a national power house who was constantly on tv. With big offers , prototypical size and hit camps hard. He also produced , so all of that helps. The donnell kid blows my mind , I have no answer for that. That’s why I don’t put everything into stars. They matter to a degree , but coaching and work ethic goes a long way.

Donell Harris was ranked as high as because techincally he is supposed to be a 2021 kid. He reclassified. His tanking was baded on his porjections off of that.

Advertisement
In my opinion he may look like chad to you right now @DMoney but I think he ends ups like demetrius jackson his junior year here. That's how I think he develops and the role he plays

In my opinion he may look like chad to you right now @DMoney but I think he ends ups like demetrius jackson his junior year here. That's how I think he develops and the role he plays

No way in **** that happens.

Last edited:
I can't take credit for this (I stole it from @brock) but it's perfect. Quentin Williams is very similar to Chad Thomas. Neither guy was a smooth, polished pass rusher but they produced based on athleticism and motor. Both guys played inside and outside and both starred at quality programs. Look at the numbers:

How does their productivity compare?

Advertisement
Back