QUENTIN WILLIAMS COMMITS

Advertisement
The discrepancy in talent between the big boys and the rest of the field has grown since the days you continue to cling to.

You aren’t winning a National Title with multiple classes ranked in the teens. Recruiting rankings aren’t a perfect science but the guys who finish at the top those rankings seem to always be playing for titles.

I don’t even know what you are talking about with the automatic recruiting bump. But, you do you!

The days you cling to ???

News flash: You can go back as far as you like or narrow your focus to the recent past. The teams with the most talent usually won the most championships. The gap hasn't widened. It's always been there whether there was a rating service or not. Even in the 80s and 90s, factor out Miami, that pattern stood constant.

There have been anomalies (Syracuse 59, Clemson 81, BYU 84), but what made Miami different was that it wasn't a one off. You can either adopt what they did to accomplish that or be masochistic and bang your head against the wall.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The discrepancy in talent between the big boys and the rest of the field has grown since the days you continue to cling to.

You aren’t winning a National Title with multiple classes ranked in the teens. Recruiting rankings aren’t a perfect science but the guys who finish at the top those rankings seem to always be playing for titles.

I don’t even know what you are talking about with the automatic recruiting bump. But, you do you!

I would disagree that the ultimate class ranking is what decides. You can have 5 4-5* corners and no Olineman but be ranked high. It is identifying your need and having quality classes, low attrition, etc.

Bama has seemingly been recruiting at a top 5 level for a decade so yes obviously that is working, but look at Clemson, first Championship was 2016, so look at the classes leading up to that..... (Per 247) 2011: 10th but with 30! recruits (avg was an 87.17 which was lower than the teams ranked 11-16); 2012: 20th; 2013: 15th; 2014: 16th; 2015: 9th....

So in the 5 years leading up to their Championship they had one top ten class, 0 top five classes.

I would disagree that the ultimate class ranking is what decides. You can have 5 4-5* corners and no Olineman but be ranked high. It is identifying your need and having quality classes, low attrition, etc.

Bama has seemingly been recruiting at a top 5 level for a decade so yes obviously that is working, but look at Clemson, first Championship was 2016, so look at the classes leading up to that..... (Per 247) 2011: 10th but with 30! recruits (avg was an 87.17 which was lower than the teams ranked 11-16); 2012: 20th; 2013: 15th; 2014: 16th; 2015: 9th....

So in the 5 years leading up to their Championship they had one top ten class, 0 top five classes.

I knew someone would bring up Clemson, they've definitely challenged my point... exception rather than the rule. Even now they are focusing more on the top end talent though. It's much easier to win with the 5 star kids.

The days you cling to ???

News flash: You can go back as far as you like or narrow your focus to the recent past. The teams with the most talent usually won the most championships. The gap hasn't widened. It's always been there whether there was a rating service or not. Even in the 80s and 90s, factor out Miami, that pattern stood constant.

There have been anomalies (Syracuse 59, Clemson 81, BYU 84), but what made Miami different was that it wasn't a one off. You can either adopt what they did to accomplish that or be masochistic and bang your head against the wall.

I agree the team with the most talent often wins... I must have misunderstood your argument.

I knew someone would bring up Clemson, they've definitely challenged my point... exception rather than the rule. Even now they are focusing more on the top end talent though. It's much easier to win with the 5 star kids.
Clemson has also had top-flight coaching with chad morris as OC and then when he left they didn't miss a beat. They have co-OC's that each make like 900,000+ i think. They have no player attrition and no coaching attrition. They also won two rings with 2 of the best quarterbacks we've seen in the past 5 years.
Clemson goes about their dominance in a different way than bama.

Advertisement
We really appreciate the love and the NON love. We know it all comes with the territory.

Trent and his fam is real private, so it's been hard to gauge. He grew up a few miles from Auburn and still has a lot of fam down there. So regardless of how they do this season, I don't see him moving in a different direction, unless something goes catastrophically wrong.
Oh, something is definitely going catastrophically wrong.. like a new coaching staff will be there by time he graduates high school.

Stars matter, that is proven.

But is also matters that it is June and plenty of Miami commitments have gotten bumps the last few cycles after committing. So it’s too early to judge some of the players in this class who will be evaluated in the fall again and probably bumped.
Yes stars matter. More 3 stars in the league than 5 stars.

It happened during his stop in Bowling Green, which was 2001-2002 (so 18 years ago). And the story shared with GAs flying to pick up the kid was during Florida days. ******* child was a wrong term for it and I thought he was already married when it happened (my bad). But kid definitely isn’t involved in The family photos currently within the University

Dan Mullen married his wife, Megan Mullen, in 2005. Together, they have two children: Breelyn and Canon. Dan also has a son from a previous relationship, Rowan.

Where the **** is dan?!

Advertisement
NsFoInL.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back