Off-Topic Queen Elizabeth

Never paid much attention to her and the royal family. I think the bit she filmed with Daniel Craig was amusing, the 007 James Bond spoof for the London Olympics. Director Guy Ritchie said she was a complete pro, understood exactly what was needed. Of course, I suppose you don’t ask The Queen for another take.

Thanks for posting this. I was thinking about this bit today. I believe this is the Olympics where Amy Deem was the track and field coach.

Advertisement
I am sorry to hear about anyone losing their life.

That said, I am always shocked by the amount of attention the royals get in this country. At least it is the Brits that have to pay for the whole institution. We argue over how much aid should be given to families at the poverty line. Over there, they're paying for one family to live in multiple palaces and estates, being fed with the best food prepared by master chefs, with all entertainment and travel expenses paid. I wonder if the income from British tourism pays for the royal family in full or not?

Advertisement
I am sorry to hear about anyone losing their life.

That said, I am always shocked by the amount of attention the royals get in this country. At least it is the Brits that have to pay for the whole institution. We argue over how much aid should be given to families at the poverty line. Over there, they're paying for one family to live in multiple palaces and estates, being fed with the best food prepared by master chefs, with all entertainment and travel expenses paid. I wonder if the income from British tourism pays for the royal family in full or not?
I remember my mother waking up at 4am to watch the Charles-Diana wedding...

That would be news to HRH King Charles III.

Bend the knee or ye shall lay beneath the ground.
1662690245438.gif

Advertisement
I remember my mother waking up at 4am to watch the Charles-Diana wedding...
Yep, same thing happened with the Prince William and Prince Harry weddings with my wife. I'm like, you wouldn't get up at 4am for OUR wedding, but you'll do it for these guys? lol

Yep, same thing happened with the Prince William and Prince Harry weddings with my wife. I'm like, you wouldn't get up at 4am for OUR wedding, but you'll do it for these guys? lol
After Harry after got married, my mother asked me, ‘did you watch the wedding?’ Replying ‘no’, she asked, exasperated, ‘why do you have to be that way?’.

Made me laugh….

Advertisement
My response to someone claiming to be experiencing some degree of discomfort about her passing earlier today:

"She's a 96 year old rich white lady who is famous for being born famous. About 150K people die every day on this planet (the clear majority of which are much younger than she was). You wanna get choked up over a 96 year old 'queen' born in the last days of British colonialism?"

My response to someone claiming to be experiencing some degree of discomfort about her passing earlier today:

"She's a 96 year old rich white lady who is famous for being born famous. About 150K people die every day on this planet (the clear majority of which are much younger than she was). You wanna get choked up over a 96 year old 'queen' born in the last days of British colonialism?"
But why does everything have to turn racial?

Advertisement

Thats the reality here, really. I don't like the royals, its the exact group of establishment that takes away billions of pounds from the average person to finance a ridiculous lifestyle that doesn't fit the 21st century solely for representative issues. Or, the kind of people the average person started to go up against in the 18th and 19th century.

Her death will be treated as a national tragedy, but, much like everything else, a very big big big group of people is either celebrating or simply not giving a ****.

Advertisement
Back