Quarterman

Canes82

Freshman
Premium
Are we finally going to talk about his lack of athleticism or are we still in love with his interviews?

His lack of speed/coverage is a problem. Always out of position.

I also think his physicality is overrated. 3 years as a starter - name one big hit. Name one time he’s tee-d off on someone to the point where you thought “****, that’s a Miami LB.”

Seems like he’s a high character guy. That’s awesome (I mean that sincerely). But as a Miami LB, he’s not close to our standard.

Advertisement
Miami use to be nothing but savages. Recruiting use to have me waiting for the next superstar to get some burn. A 200 lb Ray Lewis replacing Robert Bass for example. That type of depth is no longer at Miami. A few positions have solid depth but miamis depth in its great years were loaded at all positions except Oline. Coaching and development? just look at the NFL drafts in comparison to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd or day 1 pics

Advertisement
Are we finally going to talk about his lack of athleticism or are we still in love with his interviews?

His lack of speed/coverage is a problem. Always out of position.

I also think his physicality is overrated. 3 years as a starter - name one big hit. Name one time he’s tee-d off on someone to the point where you thought “****, that’s a Miami LB.”

Seems like he’s a high character guy. That’s awesome (I mean that sincerely). But as a Miami LB, he’s not close to our standard.
I hate to say I agree with you because I love the kid so much, but everything you said is true.

Too slow and doesn’t have the athleticism for today’s game. Somewhere in the Big 10 he would thrive where there are less spread teams and the players are not as fast. He will perform better at the next level where the team would take advantage of his strengths and mask his weakness with substitutions or allow him to blitz on passing downs and not coming ver

Advertisement
Too slow and doesn’t have the athleticism for today’s game. Somewhere in the Big 10 he would thrive where there are less spread teams and the players are not as fast. He will perform better at the next level where the team would take advantage of his strengths and mask his weakness with substitutions or allow him to blitz on passing downs and not coming ver

He’s also probably better suited for a 3-4

Miami use to be nothing but savages. Recruiting use to have me waiting for the next superstar to get some burn. A 200 lb Ray Lewis replacing Robert Bass for example. That type of depth is no longer at Miami. A few positions have solid depth but miamis depth in its great years were loaded at all positions except Oline. Coaching and development? just look at the NFL drafts in comparison to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd or day 1 pics

Yet we still have had more than enough talent to win the Coastal just about every year since we've been in the ACC. The problems in the program run deep and start at the top.

Advertisement
Disagree - he's not athletic enough to make plays against college athletes. NFL athletes will abuse him.

Advertisement
I’m a big Shaq fan. It’s possible both for him to be a great player/representative of the U AND for him to not be in the same class of player as Morgan, Lewis, the Bermuda Triangle, etc.
Absolutely....Not hating on Shaq...Quality kid...But Cot ****....You've been here long enough to where Bad Angles and Terrible Gap integrity shouldn't be this much of an issue...Jesus.....Patke has No business being retained along with his runnin partner Searles...And Stubblefield can call the Blue Angels and have them give him a lift to the nearest Air Force base.

Absolutely....Not hating on Shaq...Quality kid...But Cot ****....You've been here long enough to where Bad Angles and Terrible Gap integrity shouldn't be this much of an issue...Jesus.....Patke has No business being retained along with his runnin partner Searles...And Stubblefield can call the Blue Angels and have them give him a lift to the nearest Air Force base.
Patke and Banda have no business on a college staff. 100% amateur hour.

Advertisement
Back