Quarantine Series: Who could have xceled at diff positon

Quoting again for emphasis. Taylor at LB, WR, RB = nfl elite. No one I’ve ever seen play football would project better at as many positions.
He was actually a 5* RB. Portia was scared ST26 was gonna take his job when we recruited him.
He was a uber athlete. Beyond special. A gift from the football gods who was obviously taken too soon.

On DeeJay Dallas: I feel he would have made a **** good DB or slot WR.

Advertisement
Ray Ray Armstrong could have been , at the very least, an all conference LINEBACKER here. Kid was a victim of Sean Taylor's legacy...everyone looked at his wire like frame and pegged him as a safety of the same ilk. He was NEVER that kind of player and should have been closer to the line of scrimmage from day 1.

I yelled this from the rooftops from the first day he arrived on campus here. I remember a former mod on this site going at it with me and then not wanting to talk about it once he was shifted to linebacker at the NFL level.

Anyone who saw this kid play during his time at Sanford knew he was never going to be a safety. He wasn't good in space but was a hawk close to the line of scrimmage.

A straight killa at striker!!

Mike James a linebacker would have been nice to see. Same with DJ Dallas.

Mike James bulk/speed ratio was amazing. Would have been an absolute missile.
I still remember Mike James running through kleen in 09 like a mack truck like it was yesterday

Advertisement
I still remember Mike James running through kleen in 09 like a mack truck like it was yesterday

Haha! He was a beast!

Although, Lake Region (my old team) held him to under 100 yards on like 17 carries, but he also got hurt.

ALSO, Mike James was the first receiver I ever saw at a 7 on 7 passing exhibition. Dude, I was 5'9 140. MJ was already like 220 pounds. I asked my homie (who used to play at ridge) who tf he was? And then that's where I learned about MJ. Then saw him at the eagle ridge mall with my dad and we said hi. Super cool dude. Glad he was/is a Cane.

playmakers son at OL could have transitioned over like winston did an had an actual chance at nfl career

Advertisement
Advertisement
Haven't seen it mentioned. Think Deejay Dallas would have been a very good Safety. Of course, his "bulking" season would have needed to go a bit differently. But, he had a lot of tools coming in a DB coach would love to work with...

Another random one: I thought Luther Robinson should have played Guard. Horrendous fit as a 2-gap DT.

"What do you do well, kid?"

"I move my feet quickly for my size."

"Ok, get fatter. We want you 2-gap instead."

Poor Chickillo, too. But, he would have stayed at his DE position. Only 30 pounds lighter.

Advertisement
Lol to all those expecting Donaldson play T after freshmen year. I knew the whole time he’d be a G. Problem is he sucks at both positions. Jamal Carter at LB would have been interesting.

Advertisement
Back