Quarantine Series: Who could have xceled at diff positon

GR15 as WR. Well, at least in the red zone. He wasn't an all-state WR for no reason.

Advertisement
Ray Ray Armstrong could have been , at the very least, an all conference LINEBACKER here. Kid was a victim of Sean Taylor's legacy...everyone looked at his wire like frame and pegged him as a safety of the same ilk. He was NEVER that kind of player and should have been closer to the line of scrimmage from day 1.

I yelled this from the rooftops from the first day he arrived on campus here. I remember a former mod on this site going at it with me and then not wanting to talk about it once he was shifted to linebacker at the NFL level.

Anyone who saw this kid play during his time at Sanford knew he was never going to be a safety. He wasn't good in space but was a hawk close to the line of scrimmage.

Ray Ray Armstrong could have been , at the very least, an all conference LINEBACKER here. Kid was a victim of Sean Taylor's legacy...everyone looked at his wire like frame and pegged him as a safety of the same ilk. He was NEVER that kind of player and should have been closer to the line of scrimmage from day 1.

I yelled this from the rooftops from the first day he arrived on campus here. I remember a former mod on this site going at it with me and then not wanting to talk about it once he was shifted to linebacker at the NFL level.

Anyone who saw this kid play during his time at Sanford knew he was never going to be a safety. He wasn't good in space but was a hawk close to the line of scrimmage.

This is absolutely true.

Ray Ray would have been a starter for someone had he played LB at the U. Someone would have drafted him higher and given him a longer leash to grow. He could have had an amazing NFL career; maybe. Nonetheless, still has been a backup linebacker for some years for quite a few teams. Happy for him!

Hes basically had a full NFL career as a linebacker, so this is a good mention.

Sam Shields as a cornerback is another obvious one here.

One not mentioned...Duke Johnson as a cornerback would have been very good and still been a pro football player.

Advertisement
I wanted to see Lee Chambers play more RB

Remember Ryan Hill and Sticky Shields were WRs together?

Always wondered what would have been if they had different coaches.

Sam worked his *** off though.

Advertisement
I wanted to see Lee Chambers play more RB

Remember Ryan Hill and Sticky Shields were WRs together?

Always wondered what would have been if they had different coaches.

Sam worked his *** off though.
Shields wasn’t a great wr. Mistake was not switching him sooner, but he came to um to play wr.

hill was not good and nick saban couldn’t change that. He’s just have run him off.

chambers was meh. Our talent has been way down if folks are talkimbout some other coaches would a made lee chambers and ryan hill into players.

not every kid we sign is the goods.

Devin Hester should've been a running back.
I disagree. Hester was great at returns because the field was chaotic and it was all instinct. He was bad at wr, db and see no reason to think he’sd have been a great rb. He wasn’t a low runner, wasn’t about getting hit.

Shields wasn’t a great wr. Mistake was not switching him sooner, but he came to um to play wr.

hill was not good and nick saban couldn’t change that. He’s just have run him off.

chambers was meh. Our talent has been way down if folks are talkimbout some other coaches would a made lee chambers and ryan hill into players.

not every kid we sign is the goods.

Oh no doubt. Looking back on it now you see it.

Bro, remember we were pulling in kids like CJ Holton thinking we landed some big time recruit

Oh no doubt. Looking back on it now you see it.

Bro, remember we were pulling in kids like CJ Holton thinking we landed some big time recruit
I know I am a broken record on this stuff, but I gotta say it: EVALUATIONS matter. Some folks would say Holton was a four star yay yay. I look at it as bad eval.

Advertisement
Dan Morgan at fullback.
He was recruited as a fullback before changing to LB a few practices into his career.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back