QB's will be live in the scrimmage

There will be super quick whistles for the QBs. One Shaq hit and there will be no more QB battle.

Advertisement
Rushed for less than 100 yds for the entire season senior year.

Lifetime 2.6 yd rushing average

Runs a 4.8-4.9

Mobile QB: a resounding YES in the pocket and to pick up the odd 1st down for a few yards if nothing is there.

Running QB or DT, absolutely not.

If I'm Rick and he's the starter, I'm telling run only as a very last resort, and if he gets past the line of scrimmage to have sliding at top of mind, take it if it's open but keep his head on a swivel and slide when anybody gets near him. Promise you he's not even 190 yet.

Smart move. Can't tell **** about these unknown QBs without facing some live artillery. They can be the King of Greentree dancing around in shorts. I want to see how they look when Papa Shango Garvin latches them up like an eagle and tries to pull their arms off.

Should be interesting to see what happens. This is the biggest scrimmage I can remember.

especially if arms are being pulled off. Worried about depth issues here.

Anybody that's mobile has the natural ability to be dual threat.

Only special athletes can be effective consistently at the running aspect of it, and N'Kosi doesn't have that special ability or it would have shown in the 1,000 or so snaps he took in high school. When someone is special on the running part of the dual threat, it will show, it can't be hidden.

He is special as a passer, not a runner.

The best you can hope for is for him to be an opportunistic, although rare, runner. And to constantly be thinking about sliding.

Advertisement
he may not choose to run, but he definitely has the natural ability to be a dual threat QB.

This. We are not even asking for a true dual threat a la Lamar Jackson. Just someone who takes what the defense gives and if it's there can pick up chuncks of yardage

I can't remember the opponent but I recall a game where Kaaya had to run two yards to pick up a first down to keep the chains moving and the closest defender was about 15 yards away. Everyone was covered, but bless his heart he kept waiting for someone to get open and ended up throwing an incomplete pass. All he had to do was fall forward and he'd have picked up the first down, and he couldn't do it. Perry doesn't have to be dual threat- if he can just pick up those first downs 4-5 times a game, it will break a defense's back.

Last edited:
Anybody that's mobile has the natural ability to be dual threat.

Only special athletes can be effective consistently at the running aspect of it, and N'Kosi doesn't have that special ability or it would have shown in the 1,000 or so snaps he took in high school. When someone is special on the running part of the dual threat, it will show, it can't be hidden.

He is special as a passer, not a runner.

The best you can hope for is for him to be an opportunistic, although rare, runner. And to constantly be thinking about sliding.

Reminds me a lot of Kenny Kelly in that regard, but I think Kenny was faster. Kenny ran as a last resort.

I can't remember the opponent but I recall a game where Kaaya had to run two yards to pick up a first down to keep the chains moving and the closest defender was about 15 yards away. Everyone was covered, but bless his heart he kept waiting someone to get open and ended up throwing an incomplete pass. All he had to do was fall forward and he'd have picked up the first down, and he couldn't do it. Perry doesn't have to be dual threat- if he can just pick those first downs up 4-5 times a game, it will break a defense's back.

Exactly.

Advertisement
Bad news for Sherrifs.

He can't compete against our defense and it will show. At least Rosier and Perry have the ability to move around and make plays

Smart move. Can't tell **** about these unknown QBs without facing some live artillery. They can be the King of Greentree dancing around in shorts. I want to see how they look when Papa Shango Garvin latches them up like an eagle and tries to pull their arms off.

:jordan:

he may not choose to run, but he definitely has the natural ability to be a dual threat QB.

This. We are not even asking for a true dual threat a la Lamar Jackson. Just someone who takes what the defense gives and if it's there can pick up chuncks of yardage

Give me Aaron Rodger's like ability in this regard and we're gravy. No need to have a mike vick back there.

Advertisement

Well he's never picked up chunks of yardage before so I'm not sure why anyone thinks it will happen now.

Bad news for Sherrifs.

He can't compete against our defense and it will show. At least Rosier and Perry have the ability to move around and make plays

You're basing this on all the times you've seen him play? All the practices you've watched? I'll hang up and listen

Advertisement

Well he's never picked up chunks of yardage before so I'm not sure why anyone thinks it will happen now.

Well I've never watched him play but I believe the stats said he rushed for an average of 2.8 yards per carry in high school. An ability and the instincts to pick up 3rd and short with his legs is all we need if he has the arm talent Coach Richt thinks he has.

"N'kosi escaped heavy pressure for a 44 yard gain in the scrimmage today"

*Richt on Saturday afternoon

Rushing or passing?

Both lol

Ha! The legend only grows. He rushes 44 yards then throws the ball laterally, while falling sideways, all the way across the field. Of course he hits Braxton Berrios in stride. Sadly, Berrios isn't quite as fast as he needs to be to take it to the house, so Perry lifts himself off the turf, throws several crushing blocks, before taking the ball from Berrios and taking it the distance.

I think its safe to say with plays like these that Perry has the job sewn up. Rosier seen on sideline taking snaps from long snapper Shirreffs with FG team.

Bad news for Sherrifs.

You're basing this on all the times you've seen him play? All the practices you've watched? I'll hang up and listen

I believe he was one of the few who saw him at the scrimmage. The numbers(7-17 with a pick) say he can't compete and some people who saw him thought he didn't belong on the field. Just a lack of talent. Everybody sees different things though. The previous scrimmage he was 16-36 with no TDs. Shirreffs has done his best apparently when fewer than 50 spectators actually know anything about his performance. He gets another shot on Saturday. We won't get to see it but I hope we at least get numbers.

Give me Aaron Rodger's like ability in this regard and we're gravy. No need to have a mike vick back there.

Yeah, I'll settle for Aaron Rodgers-like ability out of Perry this year.

Advertisement
Back