QBS in the Portal as of 11/28

Advertisement
Is no way we go into 2024 with the man dem we have committed. If its not Ward or Taulia man prolly just go take one of them highly rated underclassmen who havent played off someone roster. Regardless of what happens tbey need to create a package for Jacurri and use him in the gameplan throught out the season imo

With Saban gone, if Lanning becomes Bama coach there are two potential portal QBs to come out of Oregon
Could be smoke and mirrors but I was told today that Lanning views Oregon as the better job in the current landscape. Doesn't even want to interview. Knight's backing in NIL is far superior to what Alabama has going on. The belief is Saban combated the lack of NIL because he was Saban. The next coach won't have that luxury or pull in recruiting.

Part of me still thinks it was BS and he'd take the job in a heartbeat but there might be some truth in that. Georgia is the same way.. without Smart... they're not pulling in recruiting. Name and coaching/development is pulling it's weight.

Could be smoke and mirrors but I was told today that Lanning views Oregon as the better job in the current landscape. Doesn't even want to interview. Knight's backing in NIL is far superior to what Alabama has going on. The belief is Saban combated the lack of NIL because he was Saban. The next coach won't have that luxury or pull in recruiting.

Part of me still thinks it was BS and he'd take the job in a heartbeat but there might be some truth in that. Georgia is the same way.. without Smart... they're not pulling in recruiting. Name and coaching/development is pulling its weight.
Kirby started pulling top classes right away. That was Georgia not him

Part of me still thinks it was BS and he'd take the job in a heartbeat but there might be some truth in that. Georgia is the same way.. without Smart... they're not pulling in recruiting. Name and coaching/development is pulling it's weight.
I don't believe that UGA and Bama don't have the money to entice kids in this day and age, no way.

Advertisement
I don't believe that UGA and Bama don't have the money to entice kids in this day and age, no way.
They may have it but it's just a case that they don't need it or they're getting the discount for being elite.

They definitely don't have the backing that Oregon, Texas, A&M, Tennessee, etc. have going.

Update - it was legit

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
1705003933600.png

Update - it was legit

And saw his tweet of that team meeting. Crazy because I was told like an hour or two ago that Lanning was communicating with current players/recruits on behalf of ‘Bama 👀. We’ll see how it plays out.

I dont understand how Bama could have a lack of NIL. For decades they have been paying extensively for recruits, be it cash, cars, or "jobs" for family members. Now suddenly those boosters cant have their companies do the same above board?

Advertisement
Back