QBS in the Portal as of 11/28

Just stop yourself for a minute.

Who in God's name do you think Miami could get as a replacement if we run off (fanbase) or scare off (coach's decision) one of our most famous alums?

And before you say "La...", I'm going to repeat, for the millionth time, that Lane Kiffin will never be hired at Miami.
Is it because of his indiscretions at USC and University of Tennessee?

Advertisement
Ay man, facts are facts. Lane can’t croot, HS coaches hate him. There’s at least 5-10 schools in both Mississippi & FL that he’s not welcomed at. South Florida recruiting would eat him alive.
I hate that a little recruiting success has changed what matters on CIS. I'm going to take a lap.

Advertisement
I hate that a little recruiting success has changed what matters on CIS. I'm going to take a lap.
To be fair, this ain’t a Rio thing. I think most (hopefully) recruiting whores like myself cared bout the trail far before Mario was hired.

What Mario is doing is what we should’ve been doing every year the past 15 years. He ain’t getting a pass, he still needs to get his **** together lol

Mario Cristobal while Cam Ward is trying to eat lunch
RDT_20240112_2113573898312443766394103.png

To be fair, this ain’t a Rio thing. I think most (hopefully) recruiting whores like myself cared bout the trail far before Mario was hired.

What Mario is doing is what we should’ve been doing every year the past 15 years. He ain’t getting a pass, he still needs to get his **** together lol
Eh too many holes in classes for me to gloat.

Advertisement
Just stop yourself for a minute.

Who in God's name do you think Miami could get as a replacement if we run off (fanbase) or scare off (coach's decision) one of our most famous alums?

And before you say "La...", I'm going to repeat, for the millionth time, that Lane Kiffin will never be hired at Miami.
I've been thinking about this A LOT cause on the board this offseason, it's been a lot of "fire Mario", "Corchobal", "Bama please take Mario" etc etc. and whatever man, if that's how people feel, that's how they feel.

BUT, who do you go get then? Realistically? Posters want a good HC that can make the most of what he's got but will also ***** if we lost a JoJo Trader.

Lane ain't coming here.

Luke Fickell? Doubt it. He's a B1G boy

Sonny Dykes?

Eli Drinkwitz?

Lance Leipold?

Jeff Tedford?

Jed Fisch?

Chris Kleinman?

Do you go the coordinator route?

Jesse Minter?
Ryan Grubb?
Jim Knowles?

It's just been a whole lot of "we want Mario gone" and no other name(s) to replace him besides Lane.

I've been thinking about this A LOT cause on the board this offseason, it's been a lot of "fire Mario", "Corchobal", "Bama please take Mario" etc etc. and whatever man, if that's how people feel, that's how they feel.

BUT, who do you go get then? Realistically? Posters want a good HC that can make the most of what he's got but will also ***** if we lost a JoJo Trader.

Lane ain't coming here.

Sonny Dykes?

Eli Drinkwitz?

Lance Leipold?

Jeff Tedford?

Jed Fisch?

Chris Kleinman?

Jesse Minter?
Ryan Grubb?
Jim Knowles?

It's just been a whole lot of "we want Mario gone" and no other name(s) to replace him besides Lane.
If you are under the assumption Mario is the best you can do I am sorry for your loss.

Lane ain't coming here.

Sonny Dykes?

Eli Drinkwitz?

Lance Leipold?

Jeff Tedford?

Jed Fisch?

Chris Kleinman?

Jesse Minter?
Ryan Grubb?
Jim Knowles?

I use “Corchobal” but I don’t want him gone, yet.

I know that the program is finished after Mario, we would probably revert to the Blake James Era from an hirings/investments standpoint.

I just hope he figures it out, especially for offense/game management/QB recruiting. I’m not asking for the moon, I think.

He is still our best bet imho, whether we like it or not.

Advertisement
Is no way we go into 2024 with the man dem we have committed. If its not Ward or Taulia man prolly just go take one of them highly rated underclassmen who havent played off someone roster. Regardless of what happens tbey need to create a package for Jacurri and use him in the gameplan throught out the season imo

I use “Corchobal” but I don’t want him gone, yet.

I know that the program is finished after Mario, we would probably revert to the Blake James Era from an hirings/investments standpoint.

I just hope he figures it out, especially for offense/game management/QB recruiting. I’m not asking for the moon, I think.

He is still our best bet imho, whether we like it or not.
I don't think we revert back to Blake James. But I would bet we do a hard pivot to a coach like DeBoar. NIL would be used for portal and to keep players to stay longer so we have senior led teams who understand that if they stick their assignment, it don't matter if it's a 5* across from them, they can handle it.

But who knows. Either way, it'll be stressful to watch.

I don't think we revert back to Blake James. But I would bet we do a hard pivot to a coach like DeBoar. NIL would be used for portal and to keep players to stay longer so we have senior led teams who understand that if they stick their assignment, it don't matter if it's a 5* across from them, they can handle it.

But who knows. Either way, it'll be stressful to watch.
Year 3 is Mario's most important season of his HC career.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back