QBS in the Portal as of 11/28

lol Ferman

Miami - Ferman.png

Advertisement
You're not wrong.

The fatal flaw is the combo of "we expect this kid to Portal and pick us" (when he doesn't) and the OVER-focus on just that one player.

Terrible combo.

Ward was a good target. Locking onto him was a bad move.
so whats the good move gonna be IYO…cupboard pretty bare in the portal

Emory with 7 months of starter reps will be much better for Miami.

People forget his two starts were Clemson and FSU.

They have to believe in him pretty **** strongly if he's the one standing up on that podium with MC at the NYSE.

QB portal has been an absolute joke, but I'm easy going with Emory if we don't do shut else.
I took that to mean they felt he earned that honor. Which he did,

Advertisement
"Let him" declare. The narrative is getting so ridiculous. He wanted to declare for the draft, but I guess its the staff's **** up. Should the staff have taken his parents hostage and threaten to not release them unless he stayed in college and came to Miami? 🙄
Staff should have backchanneled and told him 1-2 million reasons to hold off declaring for a few weeks. Whatever. Better hope Tua gets that waiver or we're in deep trouble

So what’s the story here?

Wasn’t this dude supposed to be the best QB in his HS class? Is this just a case of bad recruiting service evals?

USC told the truth about him to schools that inquired. Not a team player, not overly interested in putting in the work. Not mobile. He tried to commit to Tulane and they said no.

Advertisement
so whats the good move gonna be IYO…cupboard pretty bare in the portal

1. Keep Jacurri and Emory and Judd on board. Bring in a guy who can hold his own in that group, maybe teaching, definitely pushing the standard higher.
2. Continue to work on Ward, Taulia, and April Portal entries.
3. Hope for the best.

Advertisement
The clout chasers, fake insiders, and shameless gossipers on Twitter will hype up the UAlbany kid with their usual delusion. They’ll claim he’s a diamond in the rough, boast about his highlights (because they don’t include any of his lowlights), deflect criticism by saying Jared Verse came from Albany, etc.

The same people who have reacted to the commitments of QB’s in recent years such as Evan Shirrefs, Cade Weldon, Emory, and Judd by screaming about how underrated they are will recycle their familiar rhetoric about Poffenbarger.

Meanwhile, anyone with a brain who doesn’t wave pompoms in the face of our coach’s historically incompetent “talent” acquisition at the most important position in the sport will be branded a mope.

The Puffer can sling it. If given the same amount of time that Van Yikes was given, Puffer will definitely find someone to throw it too. He ain’t super fast but he can move a bit which is all he need. If anything he’s a good piece to add to QB room and hopefully Mario can close Ward finally which I honestly don’t care for but will support him if he commits to Miami. Hopefully Tulia is given the waver.

Are you certain JB sticks around? Is EW ready for spring? If only JB and Judd are the spring QBs you NEED another arm. There’s too much uncertainty. Why would you not add another QB to the roster while you figure out the QB1 situation?

The staff struck out. They wanted Ward and did everything they could. NIL and effort wise. Howard didn’t want to be here either. It is what it is. They missed. Complaining on here for weeks does nothing.

They are pivoting. If that next step is to bring him in to compete with the goal of still bringing in a 1 year guy, that’s what you do. Jayden Daniels transfered in February. Between Taulia and potential spring options, something will be there. If that’s the route we take, that’s what you do. I just don’t understand *****ing for weeks on end about it.
Jacurri is definitely sticking around. I’m with you but let’s see what happens with that Cam Ward Drama because Coach Mario is not giving up on that.

Advertisement
The Sluka thing is odd. Chesney is going to JMU and there doesn't seem to be any mutual interest. Is he holding out for a higher major offer?

Advertisement
Back