QBS in the Portal as of 11/28

Mmm he has only been at the school for 2 years so several years of success idk… anyways he asked me what strategy I would go with and I’m just telling him that’s how I would’ve handed it .
I agree. I think Mario just left it in great shape there and Lanning continued. Mario has to deal with the QB optics from Diaz and Richt and prior. Would be much easier and be able to take multiple if we have had years of good QBs

Advertisement
We need to arrange a meet up for that beating you were after.
You don’t want to go down that road brother, believe me

Marlon Brando Godfather GIF by Filmin

Advertisement
I agree. I think Mario just left it in great shape there and Lanning continued. Mario has to deal with the QB optics from Diaz and Richt and prior. Would be much easier and be able to take multiple if we have had years of good QBs
I feel like Mario did leave Oregon in a good place overall but he didn’t leave that QB room in exactly the best place. That’s why we seeing in year two them basically in the same position as us . They just handled it way better. In the end man I hope all this works out … I just wanna be elite again.

Flo thinks Poffenbarger has a ton of potential
The biggest upside is maturity in the film room and ability to read a defense. That has to speed up the development of the young guys. We had TVD trying to lead the young qbs in film study. Dude may be smart in the film study and may surprise. And he may just help the qb room until the actual starter gets cleared, pops in the portal, or withdraws from draft. We could do worse for qb2

I feel like Mario did leave Oregon in a good place overall but he didn’t leave that QB room in exactly the best place. That’s why we seeing in year two them basically in the same position as us . They just handled it way better. In the end man I hope all this works out … I just wanna be elite again.
Lanning also didn't whiff on his coaching hires in year 1. He then replaced Dillingham with an ever better OC in Will Stein. The jury is obviously still out on Dawson but I don't think we go 5-7 in year 1 if Mario hires guys like Guidry, Nicholson, Beard, etc.

Advertisement
Agreed. I meant it as Mario helped build that program up and left it in great shape for Lanning and he has continued it. Mario is working behind the eight ball from what he inherited from Manny and Richt. Specifically the QB position.
Seriously, what are you talking about? Mario left the qb position in FAR worse shape at Oregon than Manny and Richt left it here. Mario is spinning his wheels trying to land some rando from Albany and in the first two weeks of the portal Lanning landed Gabriel and Moore.

I just don’t understand *****ing for weeks on end about it.

It’s the off-season. It’s the number 1 pressing issue for the team right now.

And fits within the number one pressing issue for the program under Mario.

And you don’t understand why it dominates discussion on a Miami Hurricanes message board?

Seriously, what are you talking about? Mario left the qb position in FAR worse shape at Oregon than Manny and Richt left it here. Mario is spinning his wheels trying to land some rando from Albany and in the first two weeks of the portal Lanning landed Gabriel and Moore.
Are you slow. When was the last QB drafted from Miami.

Mario ain’t no QB guru, but he did have Hebert for 2 season and was a 6th overall pick. Anthony brown had his best year at Oregon. He recruited Ty Thompson.

Mario inherited an optics of a QB room that hasn’t done **** since Kaya and Dorsey.

Eat a snickers and stop stalking my posts.

Advertisement
It’s the off-season. It’s the number 1 pressing issue for the team right now.

And fits within the number one pressing issue for the program under Mario.

And you don’t understand why it dominates discussion on a Miami Hurricanes message board?
The off-season just started and results aren’t final…

So much of the angst here comes down to the fact that we bought into the “we have our QB” talk back in December, so then we went off clowning other programs like FSU for signing a DJU.

Now it’s January and we are bringing in FCS talent and hoping Taulia gets a waiver. It’s crushed expectations from where we were a month ago.

All of this is compounded by the fact that, if you watched the games this season, we are a HISTORIC collapse at the QB position away from a 10 win season.

At this point, elevated comp in the QB room needs to be the goal. Mario has done a good job (whether you like him or not) at elevating the talent at every other position on the field.

We were a ten win roster last year outside of TVD going full Lt. Dan and getting the yips for four games.

Give me the dog who wins out at camp, doesn’t turn the ball over, and I like our chances at building something solid and consistent.

Am I happy about where we are? No, of course not. But is the trajectory positive? Yes.

I’m tired having a 2017 season tossed in a bag with consistent mediocrity and coaching changes every three years for two decades.

Give me the growing pains and let Mario “build” something. Because, let’s be honest, your dream hire is going 7-6 here anyway. The issues at Miami run deep and have been present across regimes.

Patience is a virtue I don’t have, but it’s one the Canes have thrust upon me.

See you in the Swamp.

Advertisement
IMO Spring is a more important transfer window. Coaching changes happen. You get a much better read on your roster especially with Frshman now sophomores and the freshman you bring in. Much better understanding of what’s needed.

Lot of Guys transfer in the spring. Most of best transfers were spring guys in our roster.

At QB, There will be more names. It has been said it’s not Reese and then they are done.
Actually almost nothing you said is actually correct on a relative importance basis anymore.

sure more options will come up, often filled with those who lost spring battles As opposed to trying to improve their school and nil

Animated GIF

Mario inherited what Mario himself said might be the best QB in college football.

And Mario looked at that QB and said, “I’m going to slow everything down. I want you to huddle. And I want your TEs and WRs lined up so close to you that it looks like an orgy from one of the ‘Debbie Does Dallas’ movies. And I’m only going to send a few a few players out on routes half the time. Keep everybody else in to block. Don’t worry, this will make you a better QB.”

And people feel sorry for him?

And people want to point to the fact that Anthony Brown did better at Oregon than he did at Boston College, as evidence of something? If I do better picking up women at the Daughters of Sacred Heart Covent than I do at “Lance’s Somewhere Over the Rainbow Club,” that still doesn’t mean the convent is a good spot to pick up women.

Advertisement
Back