QBS in the Portal as of 11/28

The off-season just started and results aren’t final…

Nobody is claiming otherwise.

People are having discussions on a discussion board.

Ask DMoney if he would like posters to stop discussing until we are on the other side of spring practice. Something tells me he would probably be against that level of restraint.

Advertisement
Got good feedback from a few coaches on the Albany kid.. coaches that played against him in 2022

You know my trust factor for you is in the 99.9th percentile.

Thanks for the good words. I think we still have to stay active.

According to Cribby Tagovailoa was always option #3 as well. Poffenbarger is just the insurance policy to have enough arms at practice if Tag doesn't get approved.

Tag doesn't hit the portal if he doesn't think he has a very good shot of getting another year IMO. He is being supported by both Bama and Maryland on the waiver.
If nick saban is helping him get it then he should get it ncaa bows down to saban

Are you slow. When was the last QB drafted from Miami.

Mario ain’t no QB guru, but he did have Hebert for 2 season and was a 6th overall pick. Anthony brown had his best year at Oregon. He recruited Ty Thompson.

Mario inherited an optics of a QB room that hasn’t done **** since Kaya and Dorsey.

Eat a snickers and stop stalking my posts.
Yup, Mario left the qb room in such great shape that Lanning brought in Bo Nix 8 days after being named Oregon’s head coach.

At Oregon, QBs recruited by Mario have attempted 53 passes under Lanning. At Miami, QBs recruited by Mario’s predecessors (I’m including JB since he first committed to Manny) have attempted 777 passes and QBs recruited exclusively by Mario have attempted 71.

All while the idiot fans don't realize he is an insurance policy if Tagovailoa doesn't get approved to take reps and push EW and JB to get better. Our #1 QB is Tagovailoa if he gets approved. Do you guys think it is a good idea to go to camp with 2 QB's if Tag doesn't get approved? It is essential depth in case they have to roll with EW or JB as the starters next year if if if Tag doesn't get approved. You need a certain amount of arms at practice and 3 isn't it when Judd arrives. You still need 4 total.

Yeah. Lots of porsters can't remain calm, but just blurt out every weak feeling and desperate hot-take.

I haven't been happy about this situation in a while. It's too late to change certain decisions now, and if things don't work out, we can discuss accountability down the road.

But for now, it does no good to rip certain people over and over and over again. That's not a defense of anyone, no excuses are being made. The same people who **** and moan about Mario's "reputation" refuse to acknowledge the role of "fans" on message boards who contribute to the construction of reputation.

If people want to know how the process is going, then read what certain people tell you. That doesn't mean they are happy about it.

Advertisement
Got good feedback from a few coaches on the Albany kid.. coaches that played against him in 2022
Live look at his 2022 competition
Just For Laughs Lol GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos

for the record I’m fine with the body in the room and we see- no harm no cost. My issue is the overall strategy and yes I think interception freelance tua jr is a fail if that is the part two of this

They struck out because they didn’t have the humility to prepare a plan B, they were sure to get Ward and now they are improvising.

Why so sure they’ll know what to do in the spring transfer window?

What are you talking about?

There were several plan Bs "prepared", but I've pointed out that Mario got tunnel vision on Ward.

Taulia was in the mix a month ago. He's always been a Plan B.

It has already been discussed, but not as many top-talent QBs entered the December 2023 portal, compared to December 2022, generally. And a QB or two, specifically, didn't enter the Portal in December 2023 that we expected to enter.

Very unfortunate. Plans were made, certain things did not come to fruition. I hate it, and I'm angry, but my feelings won't fix the situation.

Nobody is claiming otherwise.

People are having discussions on a discussion board.

Ask DMoney if he would like posters to stop discussing until we are on the other side of spring practice. Something tells me he would probably be against that level of restraint.

Yes, but "discussing" and "whining like a *****" are two completely different things.

Yup, Mario left the qb room in such great shape that Lanning brought in Bo Nix 8 days after being named Oregon’s head coach.

At Oregon, QBs recruited by Mario have attempted 53 passes under Lanning. At Miami, QBs recruited by Mario’s predecessors (I’m including JB since he first committed to Manny) have attempted 777 passes and QBs recruited exclusively by Mario have attempted 71.
The whole point was it WAS much easier for Lanning to recruit QB to Oregon than it’s for Mario right now. If you can’t see why, that’s on you and your blinded. Your derailed the entire point

Advertisement
I am still working on this just like Mario - two are kind of meh and one I need an FDA WAIVER on even though I already have two equal or better ones in house under development I could go with and just add a back up option cheaper.

though I’m hoping to rush FDA approval of this either way by January 24

View attachment 277280
View attachment 277278View attachment 277279
God this AI art stuff is something.

I too need Copium. This prescrmption is for me because I have relies sympitionns of not having quartefbacer

What are you talking about?

There were several plan Bs "prepared", but I've pointed out that Mario got tunnel vision on Ward.

Taulia was in the mix a month ago. He's always been a Plan B.

It has already been discussed, but not as many top-talent QBs entered the December 2023 portal, compared to December 2022, generally. And a QB or two, specifically, didn't enter the Portal in December 2023 that we expected to enter.

Very unfortunate. Plans were made, certain things did not come to fruition. I hate it, and I'm angry, but my feelings won't fix the situation.
If you have a several plan Bs ready to go and you didn’t use them because you got played like a fiddle by plan A it’s an even worse strategy.

Miami didn’t have the luxury to banking on guys who didn’t entered, a guy that needs a waiver from the NCAA in order to play (and he also have a weak case imho) and an FCS project.

Just got a Reese scouting report from my bro @sortinghat :

Hufflepuff characteristics include a strong sense of justice, loyalty, patience, and a propensity for hard work. Hufflepuffs are also seen as nice, almost to a fault

let’s roll. 15-0

IMG_7176.jpeg

Harry Potter GIF

Yes, but "discussing" and "whining like a *****" are two completely different things.

Sure, but your point, which is an odd one, seems to be “I don’t like it but b*tching about it isn’t going to change it. I’m powerless in this situation, so I’ll just sit back and let it play out.”

Fans are powerless. I’m not sure why that reality would impact your degree of discussion on this particular topic?

And discussion boards always lend themselves to emotion. You, as a fan, are once again powerless to stop that. More so, the people that own this site actually need that. That’s the “base.” So I don’t know why you’d waste your time complaining about it based on the principle you’ve already established?

Advertisement
It’s the off-season. It’s the number 1 pressing issue for the team right now.

And fits within the number one pressing issue for the program under Mario.

And you don’t understand why it dominates discussion on a Miami Hurricanes message board?

Again, there is a difference between "dominates discussion" and "whines like a *****".

Advertisement
This is an insurance policy and I’m fine with that. Theyll wait on the waiver for Taulia and continue to talk to Ward until until Jan 15. Now if he’s the only qb that’s another story but I’ll wait for that.
Is this kid good enough even for an insurance policy? What P5 programs are actively recruiting him right now beside Miami?

Legit questions, I’m not a QB guru nor a talent evaluator.

Mario inherited what Mario himself said might be the best QB in college football.

And Mario looked at that QB and said, “I’m going to slow everything down. I want you to huddle. And I want your TEs and WRs lined up so close to you that it looks like an orgy from one of the ‘Debbie Does Dallas’ movies. And I’m only going to send a few a few players out on routes half the time. Keep everybody else in to block. Don’t worry, this will make you a better QB.”

I think we're still getting the timeline wrong. TVD was slinging it all over through the first 4 games. Statistically a top-3 QB nationally. Then he got hurt (again), turned into a turnover machine at GT, and was a shell of himself the rest of the year.

Now I will happily argue that Mario's response to "protecting" his injured and shell shocked QB was to turtle the offense up and try to run for 300 yards/game. That sucked. But to say that Mario was imposing some Coker T offense on Dawson from the get go is incorrect, IMO.

Seriously, what are you talking about? Mario left the qb position in FAR worse shape at Oregon than Manny and Richt left it here. Mario is spinning his wheels trying to land some rando from Albany and in the first two weeks of the portal Lanning landed Gabriel and Moore.
Mario steered TVD right into an iceberg

Advertisement
Back