QBS in the Portal as of 11/28

the "experience" part is important. We don't know if Emory will be available 100% for spring. Judd's a freshman.

I have no problem letting him compete and being the insurance policy in case either JB or Emory isn't healthy or bounces
Our fans complain about depth. They are adding depth and the fans are mad😅

Advertisement
I’m fine with him as long as he’s not the only one gotta have competition in spring if baby tuas waiver isn’t given by then

This is an insurance policy and I’m fine with that. Theyll wait on the waiver for Taulia and continue to talk to Ward until until Jan 15. Now if he’s the only qb that’s another story but I’ll wait for that.
Any word on when to expect the waiver ? Wouldnt he need to know by the 15th to be able to make a decision on entering draft ?

Advertisement
Seriously, what are you talking about? Mario left the qb position in FAR worse shape at Oregon than Manny and Richt left it here. Mario is spinning his wheels trying to land some rando from Albany and in the first two weeks of the portal Lanning landed Gabriel and Moore.
He left them with a 5 star QB

Both things can be true: Har Puffe stuff can be good and Mario can be a buster for his management of this process. Hoping this kid is actually a baller but doesn’t excuse the staffs foolishness.

I wouldn’t be mad if we ended up with The Genius Lanny Poffo but I would be incensed at the situation that brought him here.

Advertisement
I just don’t think it is that clear that they will bring a real QB1 after taking him.

Why bring him in if we are, allegedly, tight with the spots on roster with others holes to fill such as CB, S, WR?

If they are THAT sure they will get QB1 later or in the spring, why not just simply wait and then roll with Jacurri/Emory as backups?

If I’m wrong, great, I will gladly eat crow but how can anyone be satisfied with Cristobal QB recruiting (portal or HS) right now? ****, the most bright football minds in the sport always said you need to bring a starter caliber QB at every cycle, we are three cycles in and Mario has yet to land ONE of them.
They're not "sure" about anything. If Taulina were AVAILABLE with no waiver issues ... they wouldn't be taking Puff. They need 4 QBs to run the program .. so you take Puff to compete ... then IF Taulina is available ... you take him as well.

They're not "sure" about anything. If Taulina were AVAILABLE with no waiver issues ... they wouldn't be taking Puff. They need 4 QBs to run the program .. so you take Puff to compete ... then IF Taulina is available ... you take him as well.
Agree. Something not to overlooked is this will be the first spring in a couple years that we have a genuine open competition at QB. Refill the position back to 4 warm bodies and let them fight.

Advertisement
Ok fine. We were supposed to get the top QB in the portal and now are balls are tied to the ******* NCAA waiver process and a guy coming from FCS.

Who’s responsible for that? Do you think it is a result of a good and well-thought strategy?
Well ... Ward supposedly committed on his visit .. signed NIL docs ... then bailed. You think Mario isn't ****ed? He did ***** up though for sure when after a few days Ward and his camp were playing games. Mario should have gone all in on Howard at that point ... or another legit option. Taking a kid a step above an intramural program and hoping the NCAA will provide a waiver on a red shirt season "issue" is not where we expected to be with an $8 million dollar a year HC.

Are you being sarcastic. Honest question ❓
No. Villanova and Baylor staff members.

Albany doesn’t have the horses to compete above FCS. OL getting blasted and WRs can’t get open and he’s was competitive against Baylor extending plays.

Guy from Villanova saw him and Tony Muskett (from Monmouth now at Virginia) and said that’s basically what you’re getting but a better deep ball and more gamer in him. Muskett is a middle of the road ACC QB. Better than he played because he was dealing with a shoulder injury that he got in week 1 and then ankle later in the year. Played through the shoulder injury that needed surgery.

He’s not Cam Ward and not taking us to a playoff or conference championship but he’s better than Emory or Jacurri.

Advertisement
No. Villanova and Baylor staff members.

Albany doesn’t have the horses to compete above FCS. OL getting blasted and WRs can’t get open and he’s was competitive against Baylor extending plays.

Guy from Villanova saw him and Tony Muskett (from Monmouth now at Virginia) and said that’s basically what you’re getting but a better deep ball and more gamer in him. Muskett is a middle of the road ACC QB. Better than he played because he was dealing with a shoulder injury that he got in week 1 and then ankle later in the year. Played through the shoulder injury that needed surgery.

He’s not Cam Ward and not taking us to a playoff or conference championship but he’s better than Emory or Jacurri.
This is encouraging tbh, so QB1?

You know my trust factor for you is in the 99.9th percentile.

Thanks for the good words. I think we still have to stay active.
Im not even trying to say it’s a good situation. But for some to say the FCS leading passer can’t play is a stretch.

I don’t think there’s anything Will Howard can do that this kid can’t. Arm accuracy and arm strength are very comparable. Howard is a more power runner and he is a more agile runner but compile similar stats in that category. Both are gamers.

Taulia wins the competition over him fairly easily if both end up here. IMO

Advertisement
Back