QBS in the Portal as of 11/28

Advertisement
I was just looking at the final 2023 regular season CFP Rankings QBs... a majority (7) of the top 13 teams (Washington, Texas, FSU, Oregon, Ole Miss, OU, LSU) have a multi-year transfer starter at QB. The remaining 6 (UGA, Michigan, Bama, Mizzou, PSU, Ohio State) all recruited their QBs. Interestingly, no one-year transfer QB team cracked the top 14 (with UL being the highest @ 15 and ND, Iowa, NC State, Okie State, Oregon St., Tennessee, and Liberty being the others). There is a clear advantage to having a multi-year guy we can build around, and that's why I prefer Salter.

See the Top 25 breakdown below (someone correct me if I'm wrong):
  • Multi-year Transfer QB Teams: Washington, Texas, FSU, Oregon, Ole Miss, OU, LSU
  • One-year Transfer QB Teams: Louisville, ND, Iowa, NC State, Okie State, Oregon St., Tennessee, Liberty
  • Recruited QB Teams: UGA, Michigan, Bama, Mizzou, PSU, Ohio State, Clemson, Arizona, SMU, KSU

Advertisement
I was just looking at the final 2023 regular season CFP Rankings QBs... a majority (7) of the top 13 teams (Washington, Texas, FSU, Oregon, Ole Miss, OU, LSU) have a multi-year transfer starter at QB. The remaining 6 (UGA, Michigan, Bama, Mizzou, PSU, Ohio State) all recruited their QBs. Interestingly, no one-year transfer QB team cracked the top 14 (with UL being the highest @ 15 and ND, Iowa, NC State, Okie State, Oregon St., Tennessee, and Liberty being the others). There is a clear advantage to having a multi-year guy we can build around, and that's why I prefer Salter.

• Multi-year Transfer QB Teams: Washington, Texas, FSU, Oregon, Ole Miss, OU, LSU
  • One-year Transfer QB Teams: Louisville, ND, Iowa, NC State, Okie State, Oregon St., Tennessee, Liberty
  • Recruited QB Teams: UGA, Michigan, Bama, Mizzou, PSU, Ohio State, Clemson, Arizona, SMU, KSU
Nice analysis 👍🏼

That really is interesting - the dilemma here is I think we are trying to create that bridge to Jacurri / Emory in 2025, which I get - but these results are pretty telling. Thanks for posting

I was never all in on ward but fine if we got him prior to all this bs deception. that’s not my point. the point is that tua’s little brother is not gonna be a difference maker. Sorry that’s a big *** fail if we land with him
They all have their warts. Ward, Taulia, Salter, Poffenbarger.... Right now it's a matter of which warts are easier to work with , can be turned into something that benefits the team. Who is going to walk into the locker room, put their head down and work, earn the trust and respect of the rest of the team ? So far, Ward doesn't give me the impression he's that kind of guy. Maybe that's unfair but that's how it looks to me. Give me the guy who can run Dawson's offense efficiently, adding something to it with his legs if possible, and meld into the team without alot of drama.

I'd like to point out that Howard also received an invite to the Senior Bowl; something Ward has not received....

Advertisement
Can't help but wonder what the team dynamic in the locker room would be like IF we would get Ward. He allegedly told the players he was coming, told coaches, signed NIL, etc., only to drag this out and do what is happening right now. How do the players react to that? Similar to TVD and his Bama bull**** last year. Seems like it could be a fractured relationship before it starts. Perhaps I am reading too deep.

Ward and the current roster is better than either of those two and whatever you can scrape up of what’s left in the portal with the remaining funds. If you get Ward and the receiver from Liberty the playoffs should be the goal next year. If we don’t have the money for that what does our long term outlook really look like in the NIL era.

Also this idea that every qb but Ward would be in immediately needs to stop being thrown around as fact.
Ward is maybe a notch above Salter in ability and potential, but has taken this process to the extreme, acting as if he's some generational talent. That gives off bad vibes about his leadership and thought process, which are important QB traits.

Ward is maybe a notch above Salter in ability and potential, but has taken this process to the extreme, acting as if he's some generational talent. That gives off bad vibes about his leadership and thought process, which are important QB traits.
Exactly. The kid DOES NOT WANT TO BE HERE. It's obvious. Move on already, Mario!

Advertisement
At this point, I don’t think we’ll land a qb that will win us 10 games. But regardless, I still think we need to bring in a qb of some sorts. With Emory’s injury, we may only have two scholarship qbs going into spring (Brown and Judd). At least bring someone in for depth and competition
C’mon man. Dont lose hope. Not yet at least.

That’s fine and I could care less what anyone here thinks of my take, it’s mine. I know how he’s handled this and i find it gross . He’s a nice player but nowhere at the level him and his family think. Not close. The money he’s wanting is asinine for what he’s been.
This is my thing..The way he’s handled this is gross to who? To miami fans?? How is him doing wtf he wants gross to anyone??? Who tf are we to say he isn’t close to the player him and his family thinks, wtf are else are they supposed to think??? Duh they think the highest of him, whether it’s unrealistic or not depends on who is willing to entertain it and..

We are the dumbasses that’s continuing to pursue him, and entertain whatever amount they want. He shouldn’t be slandered for asking for how much he thinks he’s worth, that’s business..Either pay or move on and we obviously just sitting around praying he comes like idiots

Now if he does come his reputation is already negative lol its a lose lose situation unless he’s a heisman candidate lmao

Advertisement
If the ncaa was smart with how low their image is right now with ******** up the NIL lawlessness, transfer portal free agency and destroying bowl season, a feel good story with the TUA bros in Miami next year would be a great marketing tool. Bias canes opinion

Do 5 minutes of research before making a statement like this. Jared Verse transferred from Albany to FSU and is leaving as a first round pick. Kid has thrown for 6500+ yards the past two years and 60 TD's. His team just won 11 games
People always talk about tape doesn’t lie. Please show me the lie in that tape that this kid isn’t good.
Stat lines are just ridiculous on a team that couldn’t protect him.
Even if the play breaks down, not only does make the throw, but he makes the best throw available on the field.
Not the big flashy name but those throws are accurate as can be.

This is my thing..The way he’s handled this is gross to who? To miami fans?? How is him doing wtf he wants gross to anyone??? Who tf are we to say he isn’t close to the player him and his family thinks, wtf are else are they supposed to think??? Duh they think the highest of him, whether it’s unrealistic or not depends on who is willing to entertain it and..

We are the dumbasses that’s continuing to pursue him, and entertain whatever amount they want. He shouldn’t be slandered for asking for how much he thinks he’s worth, that’s business..Either pay or move on and we obviously just sitting around praying he comes like idiots

Now if he does come his reputation is already negative lol its a lose lose situation unless he’s a heisman candidate lmao
yoursign.jpg

Advertisement
Back