QBS in the Portal as of 11/28

Advertisement
im sure it was mentioned already and I realize Cam could of said nothing Monday about the NFL, but does anyone else in their back of their mind, after seeing the Ohio State tactics think Mario didn't want Jacurri bouncing to the portal so he held off on making that final offer to sway back Cam till now or in the near future now that the window is closed? I feel like Cam is the top choice still and he could pop any day the longer he doesn't sign with an agent.

Maybe Pete can touch on why the reasoning is not signing with an agent by now or why it would benefit him signing with one by now, if you are on the fringe of being a day 3 pick.

I was honestly surprised a bunch of people don't like Taulia.

If you look at his stats at lowly Maryland in the Big 10 he is an upgrade. 66.4% completion rate and passing for 3,377 yards in the Big 10 is no joke either. He had Josh Gattis as his OC and we hated him LOL. His OL wasn't very good. Same arguments for Ward can be made for Taulia.

Career Stats​

See All
STATS

CMPATTCMP%YDSAVGTDINTLNGRTG

Advertisement
I haven't really followed along on the Taulia saga. What's his basis to appeal for another season? I'm assuming something to do with the Covid year?

Look man, I hope we don't get left at the Salter...
meh jay z GIF

Advertisement
I haven't really followed along on the Taulia saga. What's his basis to appeal for another season? I'm assuming something to do with the Covid year?
It’s complicated. The Covid free year he actually took a legitimate redshirt, so he essentially did not get the free Covid year. And as a freshman at Bama he played in 5 games in mop up duty but only recorded an actual stat in 3 of them. A couple of the games he basically just handed off a few times. I’m not sure what the actual waiver argument is—sort of a request for the free Covid year that he did not use because he redshirted I guess.

It’s complicated. The Covid free year he actually took a legitimate redshirt, so he essentially did not get the free Covid year. And as a freshman at Bama he played in 5 games in mop up duty but only recorded an actual stat in 3 of them. A couple of the games he basically just handed off a few times. I’m not sure what the actual waiver argument is—sort of a request for the free Covid year that he did not use because he redshirted I guess.

Thanks. Sounds like Saban wasted a year of the kids eligibility and kinda screwed him over.

Advertisement
If you look at his stats at lowly Maryland in the Big 10 he is an upgrade. 66.4% completion rate and passing for 3,377 yards in the Big 10 is no joke either. He had Josh Gattis as his OC and we hated him LOL. His OL wasn't very good. Same arguments for Ward can be made for Taulia.
Couple of things.

One, Maryland is pretty middle of the pack in the Big10 in terms of talent. Wazzu is at the bottom of the Pac12 and it’s really not close.

Two, Gattis is there but so is Locksley.

Yep. I’m over him. The way he’s handled this is awful. His decision making is suspect as **** and it aligns with his decision making on the field. He’s been a turnover machine. Save the money and use for other positions after spring, get a proven leader.
Crib man please tell me you were smoking some good stuff when you typed this

Statistics , analytics and resumes say there’s not a big difference. or a big fail.
I’m with you. I think the data actually shows Taulia is better than anyone we have pursued—including Ward and Howard—as a passer. Not as good as a runner, but mobile enough with good pocket presence. He’d be at the top of my board even if Ward were still in play. Definitely would take him all day over Howard. Just my personal view obviously.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back