QBS in the Portal as of 11/28

Didn't we literally just have a turnover-prone, questionable character QB leave via the portal? Not understanding the logic of chasing a kid like this for so long unless they believed his talent/upside was worth it? I never saw it.

Are we simply that confident we'll be able to land a viable option that we were ok letting guys like Howard and Jefferson walk? None of this has made any sense to me to this point.
Man KJ was the guy so disappointed they didn’t pursue him

Advertisement
Now that we're moving past Ward, I'm afraid to ask but, is there a new timeline of when they want to wrap this up? 😬
If it’s not one of the current four names it could go to after spring. Unless there’s a grad transfer out there who could jump in before classes start. Btw Ward is Jason Voorhees , it’ll never be fully dead until classes start lol.

Yep. I’m over him. The way he’s handled this is awful. His decision making is suspect as **** and it aligns with his decision making on the field. He’s been a turnover machine. Save the money and use for other positions after spring, get a proven leader.
Let’s say Taulia gets the waiver tomorrow, is that route Miami goes?

Advertisement
Honestly I agree with your earlier take why be forced to spend so much money on a guy who has been so iffy about coming here when you can get a guy like taulia or salter who isn’t gonna break the bank and spend the rest of that on guys who can make the team more complete
Ward and the current roster is better than either of those two and whatever you can scrape up of what’s left in the portal with the remaining funds. If you get Ward and the receiver from Liberty the playoffs should be the goal next year. If we don’t have the money for that what does our long term outlook really look like in the NIL era.

Also this idea that every qb but Ward would be in immediately needs to stop being thrown around as fact.

Advertisement
If it’s not one of the current four names it could go to after spring. Unless there’s a grad transfer out there who could jump in before classes start. Btw Ward is Jason Voorhees , it’ll never be fully dead until classes start lol.
Idk man. I just don't see how Mario could be this stupid to let it go that long...

Nah, yes he can. I'm the stupid one.

Okay dude. Whatever. NFL drooling over him. You’re right.

Taulia is a mid-to-late Day 3 prospect (Rounds 4-7) which is exactly the same as Cam Ward right now. He's a good QB. He's accurate, goes through his progressions, and is mobile enough. He can read a defense. He'd be a big upgrade over TVD and would almost guarantee us a 10 win season next year.

The only hangup I have about Taulia is that he isn't available. He needs a waiver and it's not a sure thing he'll get it in time to get him enrolled at UM, but otherwise he'd be a great pickup

Cribby are we interested in salter at all ? I honestly think he is the best out of all QBs remaining included ward . Hopefully gaby report is false

Advertisement
Advertisement
Taulia is a mid-to-late Day 3 prospect (Rounds 4-7) which is exactly the same as Cam Ward right now. He's a good QB. He's accurate, goes through his progressions, and is mobile enough. He can read a defense. He'd be a big upgrade over TVD and would almost guarantee us a 10 win season next year.

The only hangup I have about Taulia is that he isn't available. He needs a waiver and it's not a sure thing he'll get it in time to get him enrolled at UM, but otherwise he'd be a great pickup
Underrated to want a QB that can actually read a defense. That simple thing allng elevates our offense. Idc care who it is as long as they can make the throws and can go through progressions..we got playmakers they just need the **** ball

Advertisement
Back