QBS in the Portal as of 11/28

I misread your comment

not sure he would portal out if he cared about immediate team success.. he's already at Oklahoma, a 10 win team that will most definitely be in the playoff (12 teams) next year

he MAY portal out for individual success(NFL stock) and NIL opportunities
I might have misspoke on some things too.
I think for someone like Gabriel, he can be extremely picky and he can ask for and receive all three
1. Immediate starter
2. Big NIL
3. Strong likelihood that team can have national success.

Advertisement
Hope they got Cam Ward lined up. None of these other dudes better than TVD. Sorry, this Pratt kid is not the guy. Rest of em are damaged goods,unproven, or can’t win big games,

If not Ward id take a chance on the dude from Holy Cross.

I don't even know who else that hasn't been discussed already that has a shot at transferring. I guess maybe someone like Brady Cook at Missouri? I guess Gabriel is interesting - if he received an injury waiver. But like I can't imagine him leaving OU. Missouri is clearly a lower program than Oklahoma. But Cook is also from Missouri, so don't see him leaving ultimately either.
No, I think pretty much anyone that is likely to portal out has already been mentioned.

- Salter clearly had the best season of anyone that has been discussed. But idk if he's technically already used his free 1 time transfer.
- Henigan statistically has consistently been pretty great tbh. Slightly more running ability than TVD, but not much of a runner.
- Chandler Rogers would probably be right there after Salter if he wasn't creating so many negative plays with sacks/scrambling.
- Ward is probably the best pure talent...
- You have a bunch of potential safe options like a Will Howard. Also I'd probably add a Garrett Greene,
- Joey Aguilar is never really talked about much but dude had a pretty good year

Gabriel would be homerun. Tagovailoa would put us in a nice spot as well but wish he was a better runner at that size.

Advertisement
No sources and not 100 sure on eligibility, but wouldn’t be surprised if these were among our targets

Gabriel
Jefferson
Tagovailia
Pratt

Would like them to take a guy to compete with EW to be backup/heir apparent in 25 like Sorsby or Dante Moore, but I don’t think we have the program juice to appeal to those types of kids to come and wait like they might for a current top 5-10 program.
All worse than TVD.. best option there is Gabriel. Jefferson is ******* terrible. If he’s the guy get ready for another mediocre year.

I misread your comment

not sure he would portal out if he cared about immediate team success.. he's already at Oklahoma, a 10 win team that will most definitely be in the playoff (12 teams) next year

he MAY portal out for individual success(NFL stock) and NIL opportunities

Oklahoma is going to the SEC next year so I don't think they'll be a playoff team next year. Miami actually has a real shot to be a playoff team if he came here and we see another jump in defense & offense.

Advertisement
All worse than TVD.. best option there is Gabriel. Jefferson is ******* terrible. If he’s the guy get ready for another mediocre year.
IMG_3953.jpeg

In what world is Gabriel worse than TVD?

Did you watch their game against Kansas? Garbage.

He fits Oklahoma’s scheme but he would not be a fit here and would regress terribly numbers wise in this offense. He’s a pure up-tempo offense QB.

This year the OC and Head Coach waited until week 12 to figure out what works and what doesn’t for their QB within the offense. That also trotted out a obviously injured QB for weeks.

TVD when healthy is better.

Oklahoma is going to the SEC next year so I don't think they'll be a playoff team next year. Miami actually has a real shot to be a playoff team if he came here and we see another jump in defense & offense.
Next year starts the 12 team playoff

There’s no reason to believe that Oklahoma can’t be a top 12 team next year when they won ten games this year

Kind of random anyways because I doubt he even leaves

Advertisement
So it was TVDs fault that the coaching staff waited until week 12 to sit down and adjust the offense/discuss gameplay with him 1 on 1?

It’s TVDs fault they trotted him out there injured when he clearly shouldn’t have been playing?
OMG this has to be parody

Advertisement
These are Gabriel's stats this year...

CMPATTCMP%YDSAVGTDINTLNGRTG

If we had QB production approximating this, we wouldn't be 7-5.

I don't think he's going to be in the portal, but he'd be wanted by pretty much everyone.

Advertisement
Back