Qb1

Advertisement
Cannot be understated how huge this is. We need a 10 win year in the worst possible way if we’re going to continue recruiting at the elite level Mario is known for. The schedule being what it is next year sets us up for a possibly HUGE class in 2025 if we can have a good year on the field. I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t worried after the Cam news first came out and it looked like we weren’t going to get him. Props to @Cribby for never wavering that he never really bought the NFL stuff. I’m ready to start telling bold faced LIES again lol

Advertisement
Wednesday January 3 when I posted the eyeballs and changed my avatar to the shocker logo Cam had agreed to a deal ( again ). He’d be announcing at 11 am but never did and that’s why the staff moved on to Pof days later. Yet we still kept communication open with Ward and Taullia hence why I referred to Pof as an insurance policy. Imo the Taullia news the last few days helped the situation. It was now or never for Cam because he wasn’t beating this deal, nobody was close. Today I posted we’d know for sure this weekend once and for all.

This whole thing played out a lot better than anyone could imagine. We landed a quality starter and added a possible starter in 2025. Qb room went from a weakness to a strength in eight days. Clown Mario all you want during the year but this is his time. Recruiting and roster management is his super power.

It took a month and played out like a soap opera but lthankfully it‘s over now. We have our Qb1.

And this boys and girls is why I don’t have to watch a rambling hour and a half podcast to get info….Cribby gives the info to you in a post or two…thxs as always Cribby from an old guy with.a short attention span..

Advertisement
I’m sure he knew we were still looking if us idiots knew
game show television GIF

Advertisement
I’m sure he knew we were still looking if us idiots knew

I hear you, but sometimes these kids can get in their feelings if they aren't expressly told. QB room looks like a real strength with solid depth right now.

I’m agog over landing Ward. Hats off to Mario.

With that said, there is a ton of pressure on this young man next year. If what Lake and Gaby were saying on their podcast is true, Taulia was about to commit and clearly wanted to be here.

This will be an interesting case study: does Ward live up to the hype? We got on our hands/knees and begged him to commit, so I’m a little apprehensive about how bought in he truly is. I hope money isn’t the only reason he’s coming here. Time will tell.

Last edited:
Advertisement

With that said, there is a ton of pressure on that young man next year. If what Lake and Gaby were saying on their podcast is true, Taulia was about to commit and clearly wanted to be here.

This will be an interesting case study: does Ward live up to the hype? We got on our hands/knees and begged him to commit, so I’m little apprehensive about how bought in he truly is. I hope money isn’t the only reason he’s coming here. Time will tell.
If you buy his quotes, he came back to improve his stock. I’d say he will be plenty motivated

With that said, there is a ton of pressure on that young man next year. If what Lake and Gaby were saying on their podcast is true, Taulia was about to commit and clearly wanted to be here.

This will be an interesting case study: does Ward live up to the hype? We got on our hands/knees and begged him to commit, so I’m a little apprehensive about how bought in he truly is. I hope money isn’t the only reason he’s coming here. Time will tell.

Same.

They funny part is the QB class is better than I could of imagined. We got the top portal QB, and a quality guy with multiple years. The whole process nobody would of thought it would of ended this way, but we ended up with a heck of a QB group.

Time to push our chips in to get the weapons we need for the ACC Chip.

If you buy his quotes, he came back to improve his stock. I’d say he will be plenty motivated
Do people think he’s ok with one year of NIL versus millions in his future in the NFL?. This is his money making season and I’d imagine he‘ll treat this season as year one as a professional. Everything is riding on this year.

Advertisement
Back