Qb1

I heard Cam wanted to take an official visit (another one) but we ran out of visits so they're actually not going to be able to take him on the roster because we don't have room because of how badly we've mismanaged scholarships.

Is that true?

Uhhhh...he took an unofficial. He was just on campus.

Advertisement
Safety room will be worse in 2024. Besides that, is there a single other position group that will not be at worst equivalent to what we saw in 2023?

And several will likely be significantly better, starting with the most important position in all of sports.

Wednesday January 3 when I posted the eyeballs and changed my avatar to the shocker logo Cam had agreed to a deal ( again ). He’d be announcing at 11 am but never did and that’s why the staff moved on to Pof days later. Yet we still kept communication open with Ward and Taullia hence why I referred to Pof as an insurance policy. Imo the Taullia news the last few days helped the situation. It was now or never for Cam because he wasn’t beating this deal, nobody was close. Today I posted we’d know for sure this weekend once and for all.

This whole thing played out a lot better than anyone could imagine. We landed a quality starter and added a possible starter in 2025. Qb room went from a weakness to a strength in eight days. Clown Mario all you want during the year but this is his time. Recruiting and roster management is his super power.

It took a month and played out like a soap opera but lthankfully it‘s over now. We have our Qb1.

Say it with your chest, @Cribby !

Just remind me to NEVER play poker against you. You are cold as ice and twice as nice, sir. Hope to see you in Hogtown in a few months.

To quote the great Hunter S. Thompson, buy the ticket, take the ride. I wish that more UM fans/posters could just hold in their emotions a bit better, put on a poker face, and stand tall & proud in the face of adversity. It wasn't soooo hard to be patient for a month. It's like some of our fans have never ridden a rollercoaster.

Very glad that the long and winding road had a happy ending.

Go Canes!

No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride...and if it occasionally gets a little heavier than what you had in mind, well...maybe chalk it up to forced consciousness expansion: Tune in, freak out, get beaten.​

Do people think he’s ok with one year of NIL versus millions in his future in the NFL?. This is his money making season and I’d imagine he‘ll treat this season as year one as a professional. Everything is riding on this year.

And just think, now Cam will get his "second contract" in a year...

;)

When Day is fired next year JSmirh will come home

Nah, by next year we will realize that he is really slow, and will be uninterested...

1705240327700.png

Advertisement
Safety room will be worse in 2024. Besides that, is there a single other position group that will not be at worst equivalent to what we saw in 2023?

And several will likely be significantly better, starting with the most important position in all of sports.
OL… i think it will still be a good OL but replacing Lee and javion cohen is no easy task they were very good. I’d like to see us land an impact WR and DB and I’d feel very good about next season

Do people think he’s ok with one year of NIL versus millions in his future in the NFL?. This is his money making season and I’d imagine he‘ll treat this season as year one as a professional. Everything is riding on this year.
A million bucks at age 20 sets up most people for a pretty comfortable financial future . Of course it also depends on your lifestyle and the assumption you wont blow your money on unnecessary luxury items. Point is 1M is dang nice start.

A million bucks at age 20 sets up most people for a pretty comfortable financial future . Of course it also depends on your lifestyle and the assumption you wont blow your money on unnecessary luxury items. Point is 1M is dang nice start.
He’s pushing 23-24 and has high standards or he wouldn’t keep taking steps up competitively , from
FCS to p5. These cats aren’t programmed like most 18-22 year olds , they’re competitive and have drive to be great. He has an opportunity to have generational wealth. Believe it or not 1.5-2.00 million isn’t crazy to this era of kids. Good bad that’s just facts. He wants the big bag and the only way to get that is ball here.

Advertisement
You gotta give Mario a lot of credit for his determination and persistence with Ward. I thought it was a lost cause, but glad I was wrong. He’s also done an amazing amazing job improving the roster across-the-board.

Now he needs to prove it on the field with wins.
It’s Mario’s job and his *** in the end , he was all in on Ward. Respect to him for proving he’s built different than stupid fans on a message board. Even I said I would’ve moved on after a week.

He held his card‘s to the end and never folded. This is why I kept saying I’d wait to the end before I’d judge him. He’s earned the right with his recruiting and roster building for me to do that. Now Saturday‘s is a different story.

Advertisement
This actually played out perfectly for us.

If Ward had committed earlier, there's zero chance we get Poff. The coaches couldn't have recruited Poff with a sincere chance to start next season. So they were able to secure his commitment while he knew we were still in pursuit of one or 2 others (Cam/Taulia) who would probably start over him.

Now we have a legit QB1 and 3 legit guys to fight for QB2.

OL… i think it will still be a good OL but replacing Lee and javion cohen is no easy task they were very good. I’d like to see us land an impact WR and DB and I’d feel very good about next season

Fair. I just don’t really ever worry about the OL with the coaches we have. But I get it, Lee will be hard to completely replace and Cohen is an NFL player.

But also have to factor that it’s very likely Rivers, Cooper and Mauigoa will all be even better than they were this year.

This actually played out perfectly for us.

If Ward had committed earlier, there's zero chance we get Poff. The coaches couldn't have recruited Poff with a sincere chance to start next season. So they were able to secure his commitment while he knew we were still in pursuit of one or 2 others (Cam/Taulia) who would probably start over him.

Now we have a legit QB1 and 3 legit guys to fight for QB2.
Idk that their is 0 chance. He said some teams were interested in him as a backup. I don't believe they told him he'd be QB1 and if they did he will likely be leaving.

Advertisement
Idk that their is 0 chance. He said some teams were interested in him as a backup. I don't believe they told him he'd be QB1 and if they did he will likely be leaving.
I don't think the staff would have recruited him as hard (or at all) if Ward committed early.

Jesus Christ multiple threads ruined with this back and forth. @RVACane can you forcibly make them ignore each other so the rest of us can read threads without having to sift thru the bull****?
I deleted that spat as well as the chivato’s posts. No need for specifics. IYKYK

It’s Mario’s job and his *** in the end , he was all in on Ward. Respect to him for proving he’s built different than stupid fans on a message board. Even I said I would’ve moved on after a week.

He held his card‘s to the end and never folded. This is why I kept saying I’d wait to the end before I’d judge him. He’s earned the right with his recruiting and roster building for me to do that. Now Saturday‘s is a different story.
Talking about saturdays, do you think he will finally learn to keep his *** out of the offensive play-calling? Saban proved he could adapt and he worked with Saban and learned the blue print. Just want him to keep his recruiting and then let the coordinators work.

Advertisement
Back