QB1 Controversy????

20231021_185534.gif

Advertisement
TVD is obviously the better QB at this stage, but it appears to me that the OL, Young, Brashard and the entire Canes defense loves playing for Emory. Emory cheered when they made big plays. They seem to rally around Emory and was genuinely happy for him when he was successful

IJS

Advertisement
I think we're in good hands when TVD leaves, but if you can't trust your QB to lead you down the field with a minute left to win the game, he's not your guy. I don't believe we make that calculation with TVD in. Kid played great for a TF making his first start because he did enough to win the game, but nothing to conclude he's that dude. Excited to see how he turns out if he continues to develop.
That's on Dawson....I have no doubt Emory had the capability to lead us down the field, but Dawson's play calls prohibited that.

That's on Dawson....I have no doubt Emory had the capability to lead us down the field, but Dawson's play calls prohibited that.
Absolutely. And I don't entirely disagree with Dawson's strategy either. But even if Emory is "the guy" we didn't need to force him into a tough situation in a tie game with a minute left against a really good defense. As it turns out, we were able to win the game AND protect him a little bit.

Stop it with the QB controversy stuff. TVD is clearly the guy if healthy. He’s made 4-5 WTF throws, but he’s also having one of the most prolific and efficient seasons ever for a Miami QB - 71% comp, 287 ypg, 9.2 ypa, 16 TD, and he’s 9th in the nation in passing efficiency. His passer rating is higher this year than it was in 2021. He just has to take care of the ball. When he does that he’s pretty **** good. The offense is averaging 38 points and 500+ ypg with TVD. We’re 15th in the nation in scoring. It’s objectively absurd to suggest a QB change with a top 15 offense.

Advertisement
TVD is obviously the better QB at this stage, but it appears to me that the OL, Young, Brashard and the entire Canes defense loves playing for Emory. Emory cheered when they made big plays. They seem to rally around Emory and was genuinely happy for him when he was successful

IJS
Obviously?

Ok Mr. Magoo.

1675050488610.gif

Advertisement
Stop it with the QB controversy stuff. TVD is clearly the guy if healthy. He’s made 4-5 WTF throws, but he’s also having one of the most prolific and efficient seasons ever for a Miami QB - 71% comp, 287 ypg, 9.2 ypa, 16 TD, and he’s 9th in the nation in passing efficiency. His passer rating is higher this year than it was in 2021. He just has to take care of the ball. When he does that he’s pretty **** good. The offense is averaging 38 points and 500+ ypg with TVD. We’re 15th in the nation in scoring. It’s objectively absurd to suggest a QB change with a top 15 offense.
We easily win GT without his interceptions. Give me a QB who won’t lose the game vs guy who can rack up stats against garbage teams + have a good game against a single good team a year.

Advertisement
Absolutely. And I don't entirely disagree with Dawson's strategy either. But even if Emory is "the guy" we didn't need to force him into a tough situation in a tie game with a minute left against a really good defense. As it turns out, we were able to win the game AND protect him a little bit.
Yes I’m with you both. Important part was we did make the adjustment and it worked out. I still have PTSD from Kaayas first game when Golden started him over…Heaps I think? But then did not let him even attempt anything the entire game defeating the purpose. Different situation when it’s a last minute injury but hate to lose games without ever taking a chance

Advertisement
Back