QB1 Controversy????

I think we're in good hands when TVD leaves, but if you can't trust your QB to lead you down the field with a minute left to win the game, he's not your guy. I don't believe we make that calculation with TVD in. Kid played great for a TF making his first start because he did enough to win the game, but nothing to conclude he's that dude. Excited to see how he turns out if he continues to develop.
The most important part is he didn’t take us out of the game with multiple picks like TVD would have probably done. No disrespect to TVD or his fans but for the greater good of the team (mainly recruiting) barring injury to Emory, he needs to stay on the sidelines during the remainder of the season

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yall keep saying this and basing it off what?

Very real chance TvD throws 4 picks and we lose last night.
This. Where was this amazing QB from another stratosphere the last two games? Give me a consistent leader than can actually grow and improve that we can build a new team around, over a streaky head case that’s been given 3 years to reach his *potential* and just can’t seem to figure it out.

Last edited:
Dawson was scared to let the kid loose and with obvious reason being that he is a frosh. But I wonder if Young catches that perfect long pass and if the game doesn’t get to overtime would many of the TVD Sympathizers feel the same? Or would they be all in for Emory?? The Eye test doesn’t lie! TVD is the same player he has been the passed few years. A trickster! He padded his stats during the North Carolina game after game was decided and you fanboys fell for it again hook line and sinker. Virginia just beat North Carolina and we got smoked by them. To be the Coach at the U, you got to have some balls to make some tough decisions. It starts with benching TVD permanently! If they want to use the excuse that he is hurt so not to embarrass the grown a ss man then so be it!

Advertisement
Still isn't a QB controversy he's not ready he just got a light's out performance from the defense 3 turnovers and complete dominantion up front against the run. TVD plays the game isn't close
🤔You talking nonsense because due to the many turnovers the defense that played their heart out vs GTech was gassed after being on the field most of the game no thanks to TVD. You are delusional if you think TVD deserves to keep his job.

The most important part is he didn’t take us out of the game with multiple picks like TVD would have probably done. No disrespect to TVD or his fans but for the greater good of the team (mainly recruiting) barring injury to Emory, he needs to stay on the sidelines during the remainder of the season
I am going to guess that had more to do with the game plan as to the lack of risky throws. I think folks need to take it easy. I get upset with TVD turning the ball over as much as the next man but i am also realistic.

This was a Clemson team that disappears offensively and can be beaten with a conservative game plan. Emory did his job. Lets just leave it at that FOR NOW.

I am going to guess that had more to do with the game plan as to the lack of risky throws. I think folks need to take it easy. I get upset with TVD turning the ball over as much as the next man but i am also realistic.

This was a Clemson team that disappears offensively and can be beaten with a conservative game plan. Emory did his job. Lets just leave it at that FOR NOW.
I’m with you but let’s be real here the kid can make the throws and doesn’t telegraph so TVD is a liability in my eyes brother

Got nothing to do with a false narrative. Watch the game and look at the pass attempts. It was clear that they weren't comfortable throwing down the field and that they wanted to run the ball and supplement the running game with short passes. The goal was to play efficient mistake free football.
Did you see in Emory some growing confidence as the game went on, particularly in 4Q and OT?

I thought a big difference between 1Q and 4Q.

Obviously much improvement lies ahead for this young man as well, but he appears to have the makings of something.

Advertisement
This. Where was this amazing QB from another stratosphere the last two games? Give me a consistent leader than can actually grow and improve that we can build a new team around, over a streaky head case that’s been given 3 years to reach his *potential* and just can’t seem to figure it out.
Facts!!!!

Advertisement
Kid has the confidence and poise you want to see

Definitely still needs time before he’s ready to take over

Let him start against UVA next week and give TVD another 2 weeks to heal before NC ST and FSU
I was with you until you said give TVD a crack at NcSt and FS💩. If the kid does well vs Virginia stay with the hot hand. No need to Fock up the chemistry that is being built between him and the receivers. Did y’all see the perfect ball placement on the fades to Young???💪🏾💪🏾💪🏾💪🏾💪🏾Go Canes!! All in for Emory!!!

Emory was fine. Thy had a good game plan for him and protected him. He wasn’t special by any means but it’s his first start against a good defense so I don’t expect him to be. Smart move in the end to go for the ot tho risky. Tvd is a lot better
We lose with TVD bc he throws at least 2 picks. He stinks. Rewatch the UNC game. Emory has more feel for the game as a true freshman then TVD has ever or will ever have. He's one read & pray.

Advertisement
Back