QB talk - present and future

so - King balls out as we expect from him. Elite dual threat QB but after this year....

Do we stay with a Dual threat QB--- Does tate fix his throwing under the new system and coach? Do we let TVD have a chance (Kid has escape capability - more then garcia I think)

Or if we land Jake Garcia and see where he can compete

Or FIND the best dual threat recruit / transfer we can get to keep the dual threat Qb at The U
WITH THIS NEW SPREAD WERE RUNNING. IF THE QB AINT MOBILE. I DONT WANT HIM. IM NOT SAYING HE HAS TO BE LAMAR JACKSON. ALTHOUGH WE’D WIN A COUPLE NATTY’S WITH THAT TYPE OF TALENT. MIXED WITH THE PROPER SKILL PLAYERS. HE HAS TO BE ABLE TO MAKE THE DEFENSE PAY. I DONT MEAN TEN YARDS EITHER. I MEAN GAME CHANGING BIG PLAY RUNS BY A QB.

Advertisement
That is true, but doesn't it feel like we have been searching for that dual threat QB for 20 years? At what point do you just say **** with it and get a guy that can simply complete a forward pass and stumble for 8 yards? I'd take that any day over a guy with wheels that does more to stop the O himself than anything the D throws at him.
I don't think we've really been searching for a true dual threat QB because we haven't tried to install an offense that takes advantage of a dual threat's abilities. It's been pro style bro here since Booch Davis until this year.

I don't think we've really been searching for a true dual threat QB because we haven't tried to install an offense that takes advantage of a dual threat's abilities. It's been pro style bro here since Booch Davis until this year.

I will always believe the biggest threat a QB can bring is intelligence. That is a bigger threat to a D than running ability. We have been recruiting QBs for years that just don't have what it takes where it matters most. And yeah, we have been running "pro style", whatever that is, and recruiting QBs that are labelled "dual threat" coming out of high school. Idiocy.

This is the first year where we have an OC and QB that appear to compliment each other perfectly. Too **** bad it's a one year rental.

Advertisement
Back