QB talk - present and future

TouchMoney26

Presidente del U
so - King balls out as we expect from him. Elite dual threat QB but after this year....

Do we stay with a Dual threat QB--- Does tate fix his throwing under the new system and coach? Do we let TVD have a chance (Kid has escape capability - more then garcia I think)

Or if we land Jake Garcia and see where he can compete

Or FIND the best dual threat recruit / transfer we can get to keep the dual threat Qb at The U

Advertisement
Why does everybody think because Lashlee took King that we’re going dual threat after him? The QBs that he had are Nick Marshal, Sean White, Bryant Shirreffs (Evan’s brother), Ben Hicks, and Shane Buechele. Nick was the only DT QB and he was decent nothing more. The guy with most success is a guy who’s similar to Jake Garcia in some ways In Shane Buechele. Just because he took King doesn’t mean DTs are his preferred QB. His history says different.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I’m guessing Whoever is better will start And that’s not going to be determined today. I do think though that if Garcia comes here, he won’t last long if TVd wins it. He’s not going to wait 3 years to be starter while living across the country.

TVD was in a Mark Richt offense his junior year, and then the team transitioned to a spread offense his senior year, and led his team to a 9-0 season.
He is big, strong and has a very good arm, no reason to think that he will not be the starting quarterback in the future. I think
that he is better than Garcia. Unless Perry shows some real development this year, TVD may be the starter as soon as next year.

Advertisement
It would be idiotic to recruit QBs in today's game who can't run. You can point to Buechelle and guys like that who Lashlee worked with. But those were the best guys he had available to him.

It's a different game today. If your QB can't run in Lashlee's system, then you're tying a hand behind his back. Sure, you want a guy who can also throw a forward pass, so save the wild proclamations about me wanting a wishbone QB here. What we want is a guy who can throw and who can pick up yards with his legs. That should always be the goal in the modern college football.

TVD may be getting somewhat overlooked for 2021 because he was brought in by pEnos. Hopefully he can get into a few games in garbage time this season. He'll definitely be in the running to be QB1 in 2021.

Advertisement
It would be idiotic to recruit QBs in today's game who can't run. You can point to Buechelle and guys like that who Lashlee worked with. But those were the best guys he had available to him.

It's a different game today. If your QB can't run in Lashlee's system, then you're tying a hand behind his back. Sure, you want a guy who can also throw a forward pass, so save the wild proclamations about me wanting a wishbone QB here. What we want is a guy who can throw and who can pick up yards with his legs. That should always be the goal in the modern college football.
Hey, what's wrong with the wishbone? 😅😂😆🤣

Kosi can run. I like him for 2021 unless TVD is head and shoulders better than him.

TVD was second on the depth chart in spring so maybe he already is better than Kosi.

Kosi has played in a similar offense to this in HS.

Crazy is he completed 64% of his passes and his turnovers were very low in HS. He never threw more than 4 INTs in HS. Wonder what happened here......

Last edited:
Advertisement
We have to see how the kids develop. Perry probably to start next year.

Matocha may surprise people. He’s a good athlete and put up great numbers as a HS senior.

Look at USC Kaden Slovus the #34 Pro style QB beat out 5* JT Daniels.

I think that I would love to have a top level dual threat, but if they are a great passer but run when it opens up like Joe Burrow you can have a great O as well.

If Diaz doesn’t win this year, he’s gone. So the fate of Lashlee and future QB’s will be at the discretion of the next head coach, right?

If he doesn’t he should be gone. I don’t think the administration would let him go. They probably give him 3-4 years regardless of what happens this season.

Dude could go 6-7 in 2020. They going to keep him.

TVD may be getting somewhat overlooked for 2021 because he was brought in by pEnos. Hopefully he can get into a few games in garbage time this season. He'll definitely be in the running to be QB1 in 2021.
I keep hearing people say that Van ******* is being overlooked, but I never see anyone really overlooking him. Instead, the vast majority is hyping him pretty hard based on not much of anything yet. He sure looks the part doesn't he?

Advertisement
Back