QB talk - present and future

Multiple times on his way to the natty (2010) and (2013) both using dual threat QBs. I think Kosi starts vs Bama as a 5th year redshirt senior. He’s never not been under pressure, when he has time he can make great throws. Lashlee also recruited Kosi to Auburn.

Alright that’s good to hear. We got an OC that knows how to beat them. I think the defense will hold up against them. Especially if we get these big guys we after

Advertisement
I keep hearing people say that Van ******* is being overlooked, but I never see anyone really overlooking him. Instead, the vast majority is hyping him pretty hard based on not much of anything yet. He sure looks the part doesn't he?

I don't know, man. I have seen a lot of people pencil in Perry or some unknown GT as the Day 1 2021 starter. On the other hand, some have been hyping him based on a depth chart after 3 spring practices. I'm just saying he'll be in the picture (if for no other reason, based on pure necessity).

If Diaz doesn’t win this year, he’s gone. So the fate of Lashlee and future QB’s will be at the discretion of the next head coach, right?
Unless Manny leads us further into the abyss, he'll be around for 2021 season. If Manny gets canned anytime, the new HC will hire anyone he wants to. Maybe Lashlee, maybe not. That said, I do believe we will be somewhat improved this year if we indeed get to have a season.

I don't know, man. I have seen a lot of people pencil in Perry or some unknown GT as the Day 1 2021 starter. On the other hand, some have been hyping him based on a depth chart after 3 spring practices. I'm just saying he'll be in the picture (if for no other reason, based on pure necessity).
Put numbers on the scoreboard this year and croots will be lining up at our door.

Advertisement
Kosi can run. I like him for 2021 unless TVD is head and shoulders better than him.

TVD was second on the depth chart in spring so maybe he already is better than Kosi.

Kosi has played in a similar offense to this in HS.

Crazy is he completed 64% of his passes and his turnovers were very low in HS. He never threw more than 4 INTs in HS. Wonder what happened here......
The cornerbacks are better, can't get away with as many mistakes. Plus our offenses haven't given the QB many options when things breakdown.

Lashlee was one of my top 2 OC's for us to hire before Enox even got the axe...

I'm rolling with whatever his decision is at QB, I trust his evals & his coaching acumen far above my opinion on QB's.
Good, the last thing this place needs is any more disagreement.

Advertisement
Every QB alive CAN run at least a bit. Question is, WILL they when it's available? You do not need a guy running a sub 4.5 40 to run into open, green grass for 7 yards. You need someone with the guts to do it.

Advertisement
Wow I truly see people jonesing for anything football with these farfetched topics. Football is nearing so no need to create stupid threads. We have 3 in the line up and who the f knows what the future holds.

And zero willingness to take them. That's all you need. You need to be able to say, "Hey, there's an easy 10 yards and a first down!" Instead of, "Hey there's a chance I'll get hit!"

That’s one of my biggest knocks on Kosi outside of decision making. When he runs he can move. But usually he waits till the last second or it’s too late.

The cornerbacks are better, can't get away with as many mistakes. Plus our offenses haven't given the QB many options when things breakdown.

Definitely true about the CBs and all players really.

I guess I’m surprised a bit because guys who were Accurate in HS usually can do the same.

It’s the dudes like Arthur Sitkowski that I worry about.

Clearly showing you they are inaccurate and get to the college level and it’s the same thing

Advertisement
Every QB alive CAN run at least a bit. Question is, WILL they when it's available? You do not need a guy running a sub 4.5 40 to run into open, green grass for 7 yards. You need someone with the guts to do it.
There's a big difference between a lumbering QB occasionally taking advantage of a gulf and then getting walked down after he stumbles to an 8 yard gain, and a guy being a legit threat in the run game.

The QB who is a legit threat in the run game, even if he doesn't run that often, opens up your entire offense. The defense has to constantly account for him as a threat to pick up yards with his legs. That's the wave of the future. We need to be smart and ride that wave.

There's a big difference between a lumbering QB occasionally taking advantage of a gulf and then getting walked down after he stumbles to an 8 yard gain, and a guy being a legit threat in the run game.

The QB who is a legit threat in the run game, even if he doesn't run that often, opens up your entire offense. The defense has to constantly account for him as a threat to pick up yards with his legs. That's the wave of the future. We need to be smart and ride that wave.
That is true, but doesn't it feel like we have been searching for that dual threat QB for 20 years? At what point do you just say **** with it and get a guy that can simply complete a forward pass and stumble for 8 yards? I'd take that any day over a guy with wheels that does more to stop the O himself than anything the D throws at him.

Advertisement
Back