QB question re: Richt at Georgia

As for separation with the QBs: [TWEET]849293219150123008[/TWEET]

This is what I want to see. I understand it's vague and coach-speaky but it's Richt saying someone is better than the others. He's never said anything like that regarding the guys competing for the spot now. Even last year, he was like "Kaaya is the starter, the rest of the guys...meh". At the very least, he's putting it out there that there's a favorite right now.

Advertisement

This is what I want to see. I understand it's vague and coach-speaky but it's Richt saying someone is better than the others. He's never said anything like that regarding the guys competing for the spot now. Even last year, he was like "Kaaya is the starter, the rest of the guys...meh". At the very least, he's putting it out there that there's a favorite right now.

You're assuming he's talking about just one guy. It is stated so generally that he could be saying there are two people that have separated themselves out from the rest even though they might be pretty close to each other.

There is nothing there that says one person has separated themselves out from the rest.

You're assuming he's talking about just one guy. It is stated so generally that he could be saying there are two people that have separated themselves out from the rest even though they might be pretty close to each other.

There is nothing there that says one person has separated themselves out from the rest.

Regardless, he's saying there's at least one guy who's better than the others. Maybe two guys. I don't care about naming a starter now. I care that somebody is playing better than the field. There's an uneasy feeling about having 6 guys (soon to be 7) competing for a spot and none of them have made any type of push ahead.

Agreed. I happen to think it's 2 guys based on what Pete has said. We could have all guessed Rosier, I'm a little surprised that the other guy sounds like Shirreffs

I'm just reading between the lines with the Richt interview but I agree. Rosier and Shirreffs are making their push. Should get interesting.

Advertisement
Richt generally was resistant to playing freshman at UGA, especially a freshman QB. I know Richt played a lot of freshman at Miami last year, but I think that's largely because he was a 1st year coach and the freshman were his recruits who fit his system.
That's inaccurate overall. If anything, Richt was known to push his staff to play freshmen despite their hesitation. QB is a different animal.

I will tell you this, no matter who he wants in his mind to start, he will not put anybody out there that is going to risk what is on ACC Championship caliber defense. If there's a quarterback who continually makes the right reads and doesn't put his team in a bad spot, that may very well be the guy no matter how much raw talent the other options have.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Our defense is going to be so elite next year, all we need is a guy that can protect the ball and make defenses pay in play action. I'm serious when I say I think we can win a majority of our games scoring 24 points...

Negged for using historical precedent, logic, and a well thought out post.

Don't do it again, or you'll be reproeted.

What would Ghandi do?

since he was a lawyer, I assume ***** someone.

Nice... I'm a lawyer.... Guess I wasn't looking at it that way.

So am I. Could have went with the darker side about rumors he was sexually abusive to wife and drank urine, but nobody was paying so why go with the A material.

Advertisement
Back