2025 QB Luke Nickel, Alpharetta, GA

I really thought he would end up being a 4 star QB by now. I'm not sure what else he has to do to get his 4th star on 247. Nickel literally led his team a 7A Georgia state title while passing for 4000 yards 45 Total TDs and only 5 INTs. He was literally the most dominant QB in Georgia last season
Visit Georgia.

Advertisement
Visit Georgia.
No Way Smh GIF by MOODMAN

Fucc em! Give me more bobby Pruitt's and Elijah lofton's and let's fuccin roll! Nickel could be a 2* and we all still see what he is.

And Coops and McConathys and Restrepos and Kikos. ... These recruiting sites are mostly front runners. They have camp access and talk to the recruiting coordinators and their staffs at the Top 20-30 teams to rank the kids. Consensus and measurables are the primary determinants. Lots of high quality kids going under the radar. The early signing period moving even earlier will only help Miami.

Nickel is a surprise to me tbh. He's the goods. Again, it means less NIL so a win for us. We'll more than make up for it for the star hoes with other recruits we're targeting.

Advertisement
I really thought he would end up being a 4 star QB by now. I'm not sure what else he has to do to get his 4th star on 247. Nickel literally led his team a 7A Georgia state title while passing for 4000 yards 45 Total TDs and only 5 INTs. He was literally the most dominant QB in Georgia last season
They probably got money from a rival to keep the rating low

– There were a lot of questions about Miami (Fla.) pledge Luke Nickel coming into the event as the Alpharetta, Georgia native turned in what was probably best described as an "up and down" performance on Sunday. Similar to the aforementioned Mason Mims, Nickel's physical upside may not be that of some of the prior mentioned arms but it's easy to see what he can offer in his ability to get the ball out quickly and accurately in the short to intermediate passing game. A more traditional pocket passer, Nickel struggled playing off platform and outside the pocket which is to be expected from someone that operates traditionally between the hashes. With that being said, Nickel appears to be a good fit for a Shannon Dawson offense that relies heavily on decisiveness and accuracy.

And Coops and McConathys and Restrepos and Kikos. ... These recruiting sites are mostly front runners. They have camp access and talk to the recruiting coordinators and their staffs at the Top 20-30 teams to rank the kids. Consensus and measurables are the primary determinants. Lots of high quality kids going under the radar. The early signing period moving even earlier will only help Miami.

Nickel is a surprise to me tbh. He's the goods. Again, it means less NIL so a win for us. We'll more than make up for it for the star hoes with other recruits we're targeting.

yep.

Advertisement
– There were a lot of questions about Miami (Fla.) pledge Luke Nickel coming into the event as the Alpharetta, Georgia native turned in what was probably best described as an "up and down" performance on Sunday. Similar to the aforementioned Mason Mims, Nickel's physical upside may not be that of some of the prior mentioned arms but it's easy to see what he can offer in his ability to get the ball out quickly and accurately in the short to intermediate passing game. A more traditional pocket passer, Nickel struggled playing off platform and outside the pocket which is to be expected from someone that operates traditionally between the hashes. With that being said, Nickel appears to be a good fit for a Shannon Dawson offense that relies heavily on decisiveness and accuracy.

three observations:

1) it's an evaluation you can expect with pretty much most young/HS QB's, even (and sometimes especially) good ones. The idea that a 17 year old is going to be a polished passer that performs at peak in all workouts is unrealistic. what you are looking for in these settings are attributes that you can build upon.

2) Case in point: I was at the elite 11 in California when emory won the accuracy award and drew great reviews for how he threw the football. (I was there with another participant). one of the kids who really stuck up the joint that day, and looked like he didn't belong? Dante Moore. yeah, So you guys do the math.

2) in an elite 11 or similar setting, there is a cap on what you can really learn about a QB, so take it in context. I'm never truly impressed until the lights come on and everyone is in pads. How guys look in their underwear is not a basis to decide who can play and who cannot.

Bottom line: Nickel looks like a really good prospect in my eyes. Nothing that happened at the Elite 11 really changes my current point of view.

Advertisement
Back