2025 QB Luke Nickel, Alpharetta, GA

I also think mechanics goes a long way to perceived arm strength. You're not gonna "bulk up" a throwing arm to where you can fling it 70 yards, but a good coach can help a QB get the ball to his receivers quicker and more efficiently by tweaking footwork, shoulder/elbow placement, release points etc.

finally. it took years, but someone is on the right track in understanding how this works. and how it gets coached.

bulking can help (a pretty good amount)

mechanics and technique help even more. (usually having to do with footwork and lower body, just as much as arm/shoulder/elbow).

Advertisement
If you've got a noodle arm, you'll never have a cannon no matter how much you train but you can make incremental improvements. I was very much down on Emory Williams' arm strength in his high school tape. He put on some good weight room muscle and his arm strength improved. He's still on the lower end of the spectrum but it's more than enough for a college quarterback.

yeah, the kid is already 6-5, 230 pounds.

and he just got here a year ago.

the idea that people think his arm is all it is ever going to be is laughable. and even now, he's got plenty of life to get things done.

let's give him some time before we start calling him the next gray crow.

yeah, the kid is already 6-5, 230 pounds.

and he just got here a year ago.

the idea that people think his arm is all it is ever going to be is laughable. and even now, he's got plenty of life to get things done.

let's give him some time before we start calling him the next gray crow.
Brady Quinn had guns.

Eli Manning looks like a living noodle.

I'll take a QB like Eli

Advertisement

Are people aware Tom lemmings has been doing recruiting evaluations since like 1980 on here? Because I'm reading all these comments about people saying this kids arm strength is some kind of issue. Yet Tom lemmings say right here he impresses with his arm strength. I'll stick with the impression that the guy who's made recruiting what it currently is sees.

Up to 152 in ON3 newest release.
Screenshot_20240226_111358_Samsung Internet.jpg

Advertisement
Are people aware Tom lemmings has been doing recruiting evaluations since like 1980 on here? Because I'm reading all these comments about people saying this kids arm strength is some kind of issue. Yet Tom lemmings say right here he impresses with his arm strength. I'll stick with the impression that the guy who's made recruiting what it currently is sees.
C'mon Tom..."THROUGH" for almost 4000 yds...:snoopfacepalm:

& he'll keep rising. This kid is a 5 star if ever I've seen one at qb in high school. Still shows him shorter then he is also by about an inch and change. Sad to say but that actually makes a difference in rankings particularly.
I hope he stays at 150. That's perfect for us. Last thing we want is a bidding war.

Advertisement
For us it's great. For our crying *** fans that same player clearly is just another Mario special. Cause we definitely can't get high tier qbs... I think I did that right.
No, the new message is high ranked QBs are too volitile. Signing developmental QBs and avoiding bidding wars is safer. It's much easier to sign a portal QB.

Advertisement
No, the new message is high ranked QBs are too volitile. Signing developmental QBs and avoiding bidding wars is safer. It's much easier to sign a portal QB.
Message from whom? D$ when he's throwing out chum to the message board sharks?

You know dam well it was supposed to be Emory AND Rashada, then Judd AND Nolan. For whatever reason, he's 0 for 2, but Mario isn't actively trying to recruit duds (if you're "forced" to - might as well take one that's toolsy and you evaluated high, rather than the next available guy down the 247 list) at the most important position on the field - no matter what line the politburo is spewing.

Message from whom? D$ when he's throwing out chum to the message board sharks?

You know dam well it was supposed to be Emory AND Rashada, then Judd AND Nolan. For whatever reason, he's 0 for 2, but Mario isn't actively trying to recruit duds (if you're "forced" to - might as well take one that's toolsy and you evaluated high, rather than the next available guy down the 247 list) at the most important position on the field - no matter what line the politburo is spewing.
D$ is the loudest but he has supporters and he hasn't been the only one to try and sell it. I don't believe it either mostly because it would mean our coaches are actual idiots.

Still time to delete this.

Nah, as much as I wasn't a fan of Judd (had a good senior year hope he proves me wrong), I have always liked Nickel. Kid is a stud and should have been a high 4 star from the get go. 5 star talent shorter than the classic NFL measurables. I don't need On3 or Rivals to tell me he's really good. The only thing a rise in his rankings gets is a higher NIL offer from a competitor.

For us it's great. For our crying *** fans that same player clearly is just another Mario special. Cause we definitely can't get high tier qbs... I think I did that right.

@cway313 why do you care if a kid is a 3 star or a 5 star if he's awesome? Restrepo and Anez Cooper are special players. WGAF they were 3 stars? ... The same people on here that have been saying that Williams and Anderson were projections are saying Nickel is the real deal. The same coaches that were trying to land Iamaleva, Moore or Rashada as the headliner with Williams, and Noland or Raiola as the headliner with Anderson consider Nickel their headliner this class.

Not all 3 stars (and not all 5 stars) are created equal. Nickel is more productive, more polished and more college ready than anyone we've taken since Kaaya, who was roughly a composite 150 kid, and whom Nickel is better than. He's not a "developmental QB" but at the same time there's no benefit in getting into a bidding war for him if you don't have to.

Advertisement
Back