2025 QB Luke Nickel, Alpharetta, GA

Advertisement
If a HS player only played HS ball and some winter/spring sport but didn't do any camps or 7v7, will that negatively impact their ranking since they're not "visible" to the recruiting scouts?

I'm just thinking if a kid who had very good traits, winner at the HS level and athletic in multiple sports. Would he be undervalued and thus a gem because 247/Rivals aren't getting eyes to "properly evaluate" him.
Yes. Landen Thomas last year was a 5 star then dropped 100 spots in final rankings for not going to the all American games so they couldn't get eyes on him there against tougher competition. Who cares as long as they can play

Advertisement
Ok, so he wore a UM towel during the state title game and now he’s wearing Sebastian around his neck.

Does this kid have some ties to Miami besides Mario recruiting him? Some family connection, or something like that?
Yeah; but what color was his Christmas Tree?

I've been VERY consistent in my belief that he's the goods (check my posts in this thread) and I've declared myself the unofficial president of his fan club.

HOWEVER.. His arm does need to get stronger. I'm NOT saying he's got Emory's noodle arm. So don't even come at me with that nonsense.

This will be hard for some to understand, but just because a guy can throw the ball 50 yards does not mean he's got a cannon. Again, he's not throwing ducks. But he's not exactly throwing 25 yard rockets either.

He has other traits that I fell are (potentially) elite. IF his arm strength catches up to those traits he'll be a monster. But right now, that's not a given. Hopefully he'll hit a growth spurt and shoot up to 6'4 like his brother. That would probably help.
Is arm strength something that can get that much stronger tho? Would that be with weights or with technique? I’ve seen guys who are stick (kosi, Jayden Daniels) have super strong arms and great velocity.

Advertisement
Is arm strength something that can get that much stronger tho? Would that be with weights or with technique? I’ve seen guys who are stick (kosi, Jayden Daniels) have super strong arms and great velocity.
Yeah to an extent. I've seen first hand what a good strength and conditioning program can do. Things I still can't believe.

Some of its because of his build. Daniels and Kosi were both like.. 6'4 stick figures. If Nickel hits 6'4 (like his brother) this is a different conversation.

His arm isn't a limp noodle or anything. Plus he's still a kid. So he'll get stronger.

Ok, so he wore a UM towel during the state title game and now he’s wearing Sebastian around his neck.

Does this kid have some ties to Miami besides Mario recruiting him? Some family connection, or something like that?
The key is what slippers did he wear when he went to PBuc's barber to get a cut?

Advertisement
Advertisement
If you've got a noodle arm, you'll never have a cannon no matter how much you train but you can make incremental improvements. I was very much down on Emory Williams' arm strength in his high school tape. He put on some good weight room muscle and his arm strength improved. He's still on the lower end of the spectrum but it's more than enough for a college quarterback.

If you've got a noodle arm, you'll never have a cannon no matter how much you train but you can make incremental improvements. I was very much down on Emory Williams' arm strength in his high school tape. He put on some good weight room muscle and his arm strength improved. He's still on the lower end of the spectrum but it's more than enough for a college quarterback.

I also think mechanics goes a long way to perceived arm strength. You're not gonna "bulk up" a throwing arm to where you can fling it 70 yards, but a good coach can help a QB get the ball to his receivers quicker and more efficiently by tweaking footwork, shoulder/elbow placement, release points etc.

I noticed too. LOL
I almost got the dictionary out

Advertisement
Back