2025 QB Luke Nickel, Alpharetta, GA

This kid is probably a 4 star next year and probably moves the needle with his class. He's got a 4 star TE as a teammate we are after.

This whole "move the needle" thing based on Stars/Hype/Social Media toughguy image, is the most retarded thing in recruiting. And that's saying something.

Kids watch tape. Kids talk. It's the kids know who can play. If a recruit sees a kid, or plays against (or with) a kid that balls out ... they know it. You can't hide from teammates or opponents. Those are the evaluators. Much more so than the former UPS drivers and golf ball sales account execs that now are working as talent evaluators for high school recruiting services.

So what matters most is how they play, not the stars. Kids want to be with other kids who can play, and while stars are good for the hype machine, at the end of the day, funny enough, that's not what drives the recruiting needle.

Last edited:
Advertisement
As long as we are still after the Smith kid from Bishop Verot for 2025. I doubt Graves and Curtis leaving helped our cause though

Very nice tape for a Sophomore. My only concern, similar to Judd this year, is does he actually move the needle with recruiting a top class? My guess is no based on his ranking and location.
Not disagreeing because I don't know what he'll end up being like long term, but I can assure you right now that he's a very good player at this point of his development. There are a lot of good QBs in Georgia right now.
I think this kid has enough chutzpah that other croots will follow him.
Wishing him the best for this season. Go Canes 🏈

This kid is probably a 4 star next year and probably moves the needle with his class. He's got a 4 star TE as a teammate we are after.
Easy 4 star if he gets his name out there, which committing to us it definitely will

I know recruiting services fall in love with certain groups of guys, especially early, but that sophomore tape speaks for itself. That kid can play.

Advertisement
They’re only taking 1.
MAYBE they only take 1 as a HS recruit. There's no way they aren't taking 2 total (including the portal). We will have at most 3 scholarship QBs on roster in the fall - Jacurri, Emory and Judd - assuming TVD leaves for the pros (which I hope he does because if he stays, we most likely have had another awful season). If Jacurri and Emory are the two choices for starter in fall of 24 and Emory wins the battle, you really think Jacurri is sticking around? Or vice versa, you think Emory is going to stick around? Maybe they will stick, but recent trends suggest whoever is not the start will hit the portal (see Jake Garcia, Justin Fields, Joe Burrow, et al - yes I know Garcia doesn't belong in the same group as the others). We NEED to take 2.

MAYBE they only take 1 as a HS recruit. There's no way they aren't taking 2 total (including the portal). We will have at most 3 scholarship QBs on roster in the fall - Jacurri, Emory and Judd - assuming TVD leaves for the pros (which I hope he does because if he stays, we most likely have had another awful season). If Jacurri and Emory are the two choices for starter in fall of 24 and Emory wins the battle, you really think Jacurri is sticking around? Or vice versa, you think Emory is going to stick around? Maybe they will stick, but recent trends suggest whoever is not the start will hit the portal (see Jake Garcia, Justin Fields, Joe Burrow, et al - yes I know Garcia doesn't belong in the same group as the others). We NEED to take 2.
I honestly don't think either of them would leave...

Advertisement
They’re only taking 1.

Lying Judge Judy GIF by Amazon Freevee

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back